• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bryan marks are becoming unbearable

All the talk of him being buried is a load of bull, since SummerSlam 2013 he has lost only one singles match clean. That's a Cena-esque record. He's not been buried, they've amply draped a sheet over him for unveiling later

Well... If you look at it another way, the fact that they are booking him as injured and not at his 100% ability while entering the Elimination Chamber... while providing an Excuse or Side-argument for him not winning the title... The reality is that HE DID NOT WIN THE TITLE, despite being the most over superstar like you mentioned. Instead of winning the title this Wrestlemania season, he would be involved in trying to get revenge against the people holding him back- again... And indirectly, that IS burying.
His momentum as an underdog that gets screwed by everyone- will not stay the same forever; it will wear off eventually, and that is what they are waiting for. Then they will have another reason for not handing him the title, and many people from this thread itself would be crediting them for "knowing all along that Bryan couldn't be the biggest deal in the long run".

Its annoying how little people who have watched the product for years and are familiar with the inner machinations of the business know about the way superstars are booked. Saying that someone is being "buried" implies they are being booked to look significantly weaker than their opponent as a way of humiliating them and lowering their status within the company. Daniel Bryan is going through no such thing. Its one thing to have kids and the few adult marks that there are believing that shit, but when long time members of the IWC start behaving like children it makes watching the product unbearable. I can't stand to watch or even comment on the forums now because everything either revolves around Bryan's "non-push" or Punk leaving.

I don't mind those fans. they are being worked. So them getting upsets (and still watching and cheering louder than ever) is a good thing. Even if they think they are too smart to be worked, they aren't and the WWE is capitalizing on it.

Most smarks have a hard time admitting it but, the WWE knows how to work you too. You hate Cena? You hate him because "his character is stale" "he's lame". Really? Why do you spend hours on a message board, making posters, going to shows, and spend effort booing him and not cheering the other guy? He's a heel to you. You aren't sophisticated, you're worked.

You think Bryan is being buried? He's on TV every week, he's the underdog, he's chasing the title, he's more over than ever, and your thirst for him to win the belt is at an all time high. You aren't sophisticated, you're worked.

It's so simple. It's storytelling 101 and people don't get it. Had he won and retained from Summerslam on, people wouldn't care as much. IMO that's what hurt Punk after the summer of Punk. The underdog accomplished his goal and had a reign at the top. Where's the interest there? If Batman captures the Joker during the intro bank scene of The Dark Knight and then spends the other 2 1/2 hours rounding up petty criminals, do you think it's as good of a story?

If I have to watch Daniel Bryan corpse out in the ring one more fucking time...man. The fans are obnoxious...but Jesus, it's hard to watch him unless he's actually wrestling.

It's so simple. It's storytelling 101 and people don't get it. Had he won and retained from Summerslam on, people wouldn't care as much. IMO that's what hurt Punk after the summer of Punk. The underdog accomplished his goal and had a reign at the top. Where's the interest there? If Batman captures the Joker during the intro bank scene of The Dark Knight and then spends the other 2 1/2 hours rounding up petty criminals, do you think it's as good of a story?

If your using this logic than why give Bryan the title belt at all? If winning the title is going to hurt Bryan more than help him than logic states that he should never be champion...
IMO I agree with you about Punk but that run also made him basically untouchable wtihin the company and lifted him above "superstar status". Bryan needs the belt so we can all see if he can run with it. I honestly dont know if he can, but its time to give him the chance.

Some of you are giving the WWE all the credit for this Daniel Bryan thing. I just don't buy that. In my opinion that is just as annoying as the extreme marks that scream he has been buried. The man JOINED THE WYATT FAMILY just weeks ago. Their most over face turning seemingly heel, that is a head scratcher. He was incredibly poorly booked last fall as well, but many people don't seem to realize that. The hardcore WWE marks are just as obnoxious as the Daniel Bryan marks. The WWE may not be burying him but let's not pretend like they have gone out of their way for him to get this over either. This has been organic and the WWE really seems like they have been fighting it every step of the way.

In the end they might give him a run at the strap but it clearly won't be at WrestleMania. And it will not be because this was their big plan all along. Please, I know they own the wrestling world but their creative department and management are incapable of creating basically a 6 month long storyline. No one will convince me otherwise, sorry. Call me a mark all you want.

The WWE may not be burying him but let's not pretend like they have gone out of their way for him to get this over either. This has been organic and the WWE really seems like they have been fighting it every step of the way.

“That’s why when you have a feud with Daniel Bryan or a feud with The Rock, you don’t hear the ‘Let’s go Cena, Cena sucks,’ as much. It’s cheer for one guy, boo the other guy, but when it’s a one-man party out there often times, the crowd is attached to the one man.” - John Cena to Steve Austin in an interview on Austin's Podcast.

I think that comment was a clear indication that the WWE Superstars believe in Daniel Bryan at this time.

DB getting over may have been organic, no doubt. However, WWE fighting it every step of the way has helped him get even more over than ever before, whilst also helping WWE find out if this guy is really someone they can place at the top alongside John Cena. That comment by John Cena above says alot about how Daniel Bryan is currently viewed,lMO.

I think the Yes-chant has gone to far.

It's getting annoying to hear it all the time.

If they scream it all the time, it's just losing it's meaning.

And in the matches as well, we want to see the match, without screaming yes yes all over.

Save it for special occassions, not all the fucking tme.

It's getting annoying.

Honestly, I haven't noticed the chants as much and I almost NEVER hear them during a Cena match. Or a Cena promo, maybe a couple times but they die down because people and things that are interesting are more important than a chant. The royal rumble wasn't very interesting, and people expressed that. Cena vs Cesaro and Cean vs Orton were both interesting and you didn't hear the chant that much

And in the matches as well, we want to see the match, without screaming yes yes all over.

It's getting annoying.

There's always someone who wants to piss in the cornflakes.

It's not annoying in the slightest. When is it done outside of a Bryan promo or match? When they chant "YES" when he does his kicks or other moves, its fun.

"Annoying" was people chanting "WHAT?!" after every sentence during a guy's promo, which thankfully has subsided over the past couple of years for the most part.

But your screename says it all. Your definition of "annoying" is obviously skewed.

It's getting annoying.

Hahaha what do you mean gone too far? This is WWE man! That's like saying somebodies catchphrase has gone too far because they say it after every promo. If you don't like the hottest thing on WWE right now, what's the point in watching.

And on the contrary, history shows the more the audience uses the word, the more meaning the word has. Just listen to every arena around the world right now.

And also to the people who say Bryan is not going to last, it's been two years and the guy has showed he can be funny, intense (kind of), can GO in the ring, and is able to connect with the audience. This thing aint dying down so jump on the gravy train ya turkeys.

So now its not enough to criticize fans for hijacking other parts of the show with their Daniel Bryan/YES chants, we're going to criticize them for being Bryan fans, period.

Get over yourself. Trying to tell other people who they should support and who they shouldn't.

I wonder what kind of man says, "I can't root for this Bryan guy, look at his terrible physique!". Well actually, I do know what kind of man would say that.

When did I say people couldn't be fans, i myself would say i am a fan of DB i also love when fans hijack the segments with CM Punk and the YES! chants but sooking when he defies the interference and then goes over clean against the Champion is just ridiculous and IF IT WAS a one-off it would be tolerable but if someone farts in a match against Daniel bryan match its suddenly causing him to be buried

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back