• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Daniel Bryan (HOF) Material.

Worthy of the Hall of Fame? Possibly, I'm sure the IWC would soil their Nappies on HOF Night when he was announced.
Hrm. I had thought for sure that we had finally gotten everyone to figure out that the "IWC" has been a meaningless term ever since people started getting off America Online. It was a project that took years, but I thought we had finally nailed that one down.

In the most literal sense, yes, there are people on the internet who like to discuss professional wrestling, but it would seem people only use the term "IWC" to describe all those other people who don't like the things they like. This is not 1996, Mr. Bischoff; most professional wrestling fans also have a broadband internet connection into their home, people like to discuss their interests with other people who share those interests, and the internet is a great place to encounter many people with a wide degree of interests.

Undoubtedly. Regular Joe's don't get the treatment that Daniel Bryan got on Raw. WWE gave him a legend's send-off which should tell you what you need to know about how they view him. His kayfabe accomplishments alone (IC, US, Tag, World, WWE champion, MITB winner, Mania headliner, etc.) arguably make him a lock for the Hall, but throw in his reception with the crowd and the way he revolutionized the game and there's really no other answer than... ah what the hell, YES.

He'll likely headline as well and he deserves it. There's not many people left that are worthy of headlining a Hall of Fame class, but Bryan is definitely one of those special ones.

My favorite moments of his has to be the first time he won the World and WWE titles. I'd followed Bryan sporadically for a while before his debut and I knew there was a very slim chance that he'd actually last in the WWE. To see him cash in on The Big Show to win the World title was like vindication and you can tell he could barely believe it. When they gave him the win over Cena at Summerslam, that was when he cemented himself as one of the greats. After everything he'd faced throughout his career, to see him reach the top was sweet.

Not that many people left worthy of headlining their own? The Rock, The Undertaker, Triple H , Vince McMahon, Randy Orton, The Dudley's, The Hardy's, Eric Bischoff, CHRIS JERICHO.!! All of those do AND I'll? Go on and say Big Show and Kane will headline their class as well. That's 10\ right there headliners..

Daniel Bryan was a solid B star. Nothing great or special. He's a pop culture following at best. His whole "YES YES YES" was a fad. He had to have fan support to get what he did. Or else he would have just been flavor of the month...maybe they can put him in the celebrity wing.

Not that many people left worthy of headlining their own? The Rock, The Undertaker, Triple H , Vince McMahon, Randy Orton, The Dudley's, The Hardy's, Eric Bischoff, CHRIS JERICHO.!! All of those do AND I'll? Go on and say Big Show and Kane will headline their class as well. That's 10\ right there headliners..

All those names and you couldn't think of John Cena.

Let's break down your little list.

The Dudleys as headliners? Laughable.
Neither Hardy is worthy of headlining nor is the team. Give me a break kid.
Eric Bischoff... are you joking? Seriously?
Vince Mcmahon won't go in for YEARS.
Show and Kane are only headliners because of the lack of headliners.

So, that leaves... 8 (including Cena and I'm even including Kane and Show to help you here bud). 4 of those 8 are likely to still be wrestling 3-4 years down the line or just about to retire:

Cena, Orton, Show, and Kane

HHH won't go in while he's an authority figure either. THAT leaves only Rock, Taker, and Jericho for the next 3 years. Who's left? Who headlines afterwards smart guy?

Besides all that crap wasn't even necessary. You named 10 people like it's some huge deal and were reaching the whole time. 10 headliners is nothing. That's 10 years. Afterwards WWE is wholly and completely screwed.

Daniel Bryan was a solid B star. Nothing great or special. He's a pop culture following at best. His whole "YES YES YES" was a fad. He had to have fan support to get what he did. Or else he would have just been flavor of the month...maybe they can put him in the celebrity wing.

"He had to have fan support to get what he did". You're a regular Einstein.

Few thoughts:

-If you're going to criticize a guy, maybe try not to use the term that the WWE used to get him over with the audience. It demonstrates that you were paying attention, and that's all that matters in professional wrestling. The rest is window dressing.
-Professional wrestling is based upon creating fads and riding them for as long as they pay money. It's kind of how the whole system works.
-He'd have to have fan support to be a popular wrestler. In other news, A still equals A.

This is, of course, professional wrestling we're talking about here. A great deal of the fans are completely unable to separate their own personal reaction from the reaction of the audience at large.

DB is HOF material no doubt about it at all. I have been a fan since 1988 and I haven't seen many in-ring performers as good as DB; possibly only Bret, Shawn, Owen, Eddie, CB, and Kurt Angle. DB should be in the HOF and may as well do it this year.

My favourite DB moment was when he beat HHH at WM then went on to win the World Championship later that night. It was a fitting storyline ending considering how awfully it began.

This is an easy one. Yes. Absolutely yes.

Without going into his Indy stuff, where he has a mountain of accolades and titles, the man has:

Won 4 World Titles
Intercontinental Titles
US Titles
Tag Team Titles
1 x MITB
1 x Headlined WrestleMania

The man is also one of the only genuine superstars to match Cena in popularity, until he was derailed by injury.

The man was never in projection to be a Main Eventer, but everything Bryan has done is because he is amazing at what he does. He started a movement. Bryan is Hall of Fan worthy.

Sad to see him retire. Is this a WWE Retirement or a Professional Wrestling retirement. I'm hoping Professional Wrestling.

This is, of course, professional wrestling we're talking about here. A great deal of the fans are completely unable to separate their own personal reaction from the reaction of the audience at large.

For sure, and a lot of them who go to wrestling shows in the first place neither know nor care anything about pro wrestling.....they want to do what everyone else is doing.

By the same token, many of them probably didn't care a whit about Daniel Bryan, but loved throwing their arms in the air and shouting "Yes!" which made Daniel seem even more popular than he actually was.

Still, it would be foolish to minimize the career of Daniel Bryan and even suggest he doesn't belong in the WWE HOF. Of course, he goes in.....and deservedly so.

As to my favorite Daniel schtick, it had to be the continuing phase of paranoia he was putting himself through, which Kane, and eventually Randy Orton, were trying to soothe him through. It was a winner, with the three of them doing a great job. The whole 'pity me' routine was tailor-made for a little guy who had the goods but doubted himself.

Now that Daniel Bryan announced his retirement last night on Raw I have a few questions for all of you guys.
1. Is Daniel Bryan Hall of Fame material ?
2. What is your favorite Daniel Bryan moment or match ?
I will add my 2 cents during this thread as well, Daniel for sure is Hall of Fame material to me. Let me think about my favorite moment and or match, I will get back to you. So what do you guys think let me know.

He's definitely HOF material. If Sting wasn't going in this year, I would say he should headline this year's but they're better off letting him headline the 2017 WWE HOF class.

My favorite moment of his was when he got Batista to tap out at WM.

Daniel Bryan has held the World Heavyweight Championship, WWE Championship twice, won the WWE World Heavyweight championship in what could be argued was the greatest WrestleMania moment ever at WrestleMania XXX, has held the United States and Intercontinental titles, had a long title reign as WWE Tag Team Champion along with Kane as part of Hell No!, won a Money in the Bank Ladder match, has won Slammy awards and add to all of that his run in Ring of Honor and other promotions and he is very clearly a first ballot WWE Hall of Famer.
YES, YES, YES!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back