An idea for Randy Orton

RkoMachine

Pre-Show Stalwart
In the wwe right now there are alot of babyfaces. But the 2 biggest draws in the company at the moment are John Cena and Randy Orton.

John Cena has been compared to the Rock (not saying he's anywhere near as good all im saying is his character is similar) Randy Orton has been compared to stone cold. Which brings me to my idea!

Right now Randy Orton is feuding with the Miz but John Morrison was named the new number one contender for Miz's wwe title which means that Randy Orton wont be feuding with the Miz much longer.

So what to do with Randy Orton? What feud could keep his momentum going and keep fans interested in him? How about a feud with one of the best heels in the history of sports entertainment? The man that feuded with stone cold and made him one of the most over faces ever! Vincent Kennedy McMahon!

You will all remember Randy Orton totally destroying the entire McMahon family a few years ago, Why wasn't anything done about it? (besides Shane McMahon hitting the entire legacy with phantom punches) Randy basically got away with it

Now times have changed, Randy is a face so McMahon could play the heel that he was born to play! Think about it! Vince makes his return on some episode of RAW (hopefully to tell us who the fuck the gm is) he does his heel thing and basically rips on the crowd like he's so good at doing. Orton interrupts him (which you know Vince hates) and tells him that if he doesn't shut up and leave the ring he is going to punt him like he did the last time they we're in a ring together

Obviously Vince would leave the ring, but later on that night Orton is having a match and Vince has someone attack him (since Vince always has someone do his dirty work for him, hopefully Drew McIntyre because i think the 2 could have good chemistry in the ring) After Orton is down Vince comes out and beats Orton with a chair saying "you dont interrupt me! i own you!"

Vince can basically make Orton's life a living hell for a while, Having him arrested, thrown out of the building, basically the same kinda shit that he used to do to stone cold, but every now and then Randy would get his hands on Vince but just as he's about to hit an RKO or punt him McIntyre comes out and makes the save (this could get McIntyre over as a heel also)

Finally it culminates at mania with a handicap match Randy Orton vs Drew McIntyre and Vince McMahon and Randy finally gets his revenge by punting Vince and putting him off tv again

I know the mania match doesn't sound great on paper but if done right i think it could be great and a fun feud to see and a great way to keep Orton's momentum going and Vince could even "Suspend" him for like a month or have someone "injure" him so he could take some time off to heal his neck

So what do you guys think? something you would wanna see? would you have it done differently? if so tell me how

Randy Orton will never face Mr. McMahon. Who would want to see that? A guy in his mid 60's vs Orton, that is a horrible way to book Orton. Id say the best way to book him would be if Goldberg does have one more match, he's the perfect opponent. But if Goldberg doesnt come back then id say Orton vs Chris Jericho. I know he will be back very soon and i dont see them in the a championship match but Jericho will be back looking for revenge and thats a match i would love to see

well i think that they should put orton to smackdown where he can build it up since orton and wigger boy are the 2 biggest draws rite now. theres not a sense in having both on raw and orton can get the title more times as well and we can see him fued with mcintyre, del rio, mysterio and so on. this miz stuff is pretty pointless now since i dont see him getting the title back from the miz

I'm not sure about this one. I feel like I'm not alone when I say Vince McMahon is past his prime when it comes to storyline involvement. We've seen Vince as the bad guy over and over again. His heel character just doesn't pack the same punch that it used to. The only reason the Hart/McMahon feud worked was because it was building up for 13 years. And to say it actually worked is debatable. As Vince gets older and older it just becomes less believable. Another poster said who would want to see a guy in his 60's against the top guy in the company. I have to agree with that. I understand McIntyre would be part of it but Vince in the ring is just not going to be entertaining anymore. I also remember Vince saying recently that he believed his match with Hart would be his last but you never know. It seems like Vince wants to stay out of the ring if at all possible at this point in his life. Plus Orton has already kind of feuded with Vince with his Triple H program and it would just seem like a boring rehash.

Now I do like the idea of having Orton feud with an authoritarian figure. The anonymous GM has gotten beyond stale so maybe Orton can develop a feud with him. Someone like McIntyre could come into play by being the "muscle" for the laptop. Obviously the WWE would have to provide a good choice when the GM is revealed but that would have a sense of mystery and anticipation along with the feud between Orton/Anonymous GM and Orton/McIntyre. But as far as Vince, I'm just too tired of seeing him in the past decade to buy into yet another owner/wrestler feud.

i agree with all of you that Vince in the ring isn't something i would like to see, like i said the mania match wouldn't look good on paper but they can make the match basically Orton Vs McIntyre but at the end Orton gets his revenge, I just think people would want to see Orton beating on Vince, or like another poster said maybe the GM whoever that turns out to be

Randy Orton feuding with vince could work especially with vince using Drew to do his dirty work after dubbing McIntyre "the Chosen One", could elevate him to the ME and give Orton something to do before going back to the championship picture.

Vince wont be returning to TV anytime soon so this idea wont work. He said awhile ago that the Vince McMahon character that he played has been retired. The only reason he was seen "coming out of a coma" was because it was the last day before senate voting.

The ONLY reason SCSA vs McMahon worked so well is because they were basically on the same level and they had creative things for Austin to do (i.e. the beer truck, destroying every McMahon car...), but Orton is such a one dimensional character right now and things are totally different than when Austin was around.

Things like monster trucks aren't as popular with kids like they were back then. Hell even when they had an Orton NASCAR that Kofi destroyed it didn't go over well. Until they can come up with a trademark for Orton, a McMahon feud will never work...and Orton doesn't need a trademark. What he does in the ring and his character makes him who he is. Plus WWE will not copy the characters that worked great in the past. I dont want to see Rock or Austin or one day Taker 2.0, they were legends and should remain so.

Heel McMahon vs Face has been overdone for the last 10 years. There is nothing new about the idea. It's stale. Think back to Vince and his

Vince has had the exact same fueds with Flair, HHH, HBK, Hogan, Lashley. Since he isn't a wrestler he has to rely on "I'm the boss" speeches.

I'm not saying that Vince is useless, but he just needs a different angle is he comes back. Probably staying away from the Main Eventers would be a good idea.

If anything, i would love Orton to be the only man that McMahon fears from now on. Let Vince play the cowering heel for only Orton. This could stem from the punt he took. Vinnie has never backed down from a guy, it would be a nice change and do more than a unorginal fued.

If anything, i would love Orton to be the only man that McMahon fears from now on. Let Vince play the cowering heel for only Orton. This could stem from the punt he took. Vinnie has never backed down from a guy, it would be a nice change and do more than a unorginal fued.

But then this would be another example of revisitionist history that everyone bitches and complains about. Vince certainly didnt back to Orton when he put him in the 3 Stages of Hell Match against HHH at The Bash in 2009, did he? And he certainly didnt back down from Orton when Orton offerred to punt Piper in the head for him at MSG in late 09, did he? No, it was quite the opposite. If anything, McMahon was the aggressor and struck fear into Orton, and this was after the punt.

Anyway, this is a bad idea. Sure, Orton doesnt have a distinct feud right now, but that doesn't mean that he needs to feud with Vince, again. Vince isn't a wrestler, and he hasn't been on TV for some time. You would need to build to this somehow, and the idea that Vince has suddenly awoken from his coma and is ready to be the badass boss that he's always been is quite farfetched. Orton hardly got away with beating up the McMahon's. He had the odds stacked against him in every match he was in and only won due to Legacy or some type of interference. HHH beat the hell out of him time and time again, and destroyed him in the main event of WM 25. How is that not the heel getting his?

Furthermore, it downplays Orton's role on the card. Before Miz cashed in MITB on him, Orton was getting pushed to the moon. He was unbeatable. He went through a three month period after becoming Number one Contender when he didnt lose a match, and he was quite dominant in doing so. Remember his tables match with Cena? I do. Orton beat him, clean. How many wrestlers can boast a clean victory over John Cena in the past few years? Not many. Orton is still at that place that unless the stars align against him with the heel using extraordinary methods to win(like Miz at TLC), Orton looks unbeatable. So what if he could beat up on 62 year old Vince McMahon? He's beaten everyone that's crossed his path the last few months, and has looked dominant in doing so. To step down from the main event scene to feud with an old man, and an cronies he may line up, would be a drastic step back for Orton and the evolution of his character.

Orton needs to be the wild card, always lurking around the main event scene, and able to take out a main eventer at any time(like he almost did to Miz on Smackdown). In the process, that should build towards strengthening him as the favorite to win the Royal Rumble, which would give him a distinct purpose and storyline, even if its not a direct feud. We have enough "grudge feuds" right now with Punk/Cena, Edge/Kane, and even Miz/Morrison. Orton doesn't need one, especially with Vince McMahon, to be relevant.

I don't think so. Not even sure if a feud between them would any be good.

The Mr. McMahon character has run its course. It was great while it lasted, but the whole basis for the character was the fact that he screwed Bret Hart. No matter what has happened since its inception, that was always how it began. Bret beat Vince down pretty badly at 'Mania and got his revenge. I think that was meant to be the closure for Bret on-screen and for the end of the Mr. McMahon character.

Besides, WWE has been focusing on new ideas and stars. Vince/Orton wouldn't fit .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back