ALL WHEELS WRESTLING - A new brand by TNA

What do they think they are capable of. This has has bishoff written on its shirt, pants, underpants, and everything else. So if this does crash and burn (i am a wwe fan) i would LOVE to see it.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :worship:

Generally speaking, I can't say that I'm all that interested in this idea. For one thing, I don't give a damn about motorcycles in any way, shape or form. Everything about them just bores me half to death. I know some people can just drone on and on forever & a day about them but not me.

Motorcross is about as interesting to me as Nascar, which means I have zero interest in it. Motorcross kind of reminds me of Nascar in some ways, just set on a smaller scale and on dirt tracks watching guys race around in a circle. Sure, there are some obstacles & jumps involved but the only thing that'd even remotely interest me would be to see someone crash & burn and just how badly they'd crash & burn. Again, just like Nascar. It might not be a politically correct thing to say but it's true.

I'm not just going to automatically say it's a terrible idea, though I do have to admit that my first instinct is to definitely lean towards that particular train of thought. After all, you wouldn't think that a show about a bunch of fat guys working in a pawn shop in Las Vegas would be all that interesting either. But the brass at the History Channel are laughing all the way to the bank.

thought it was about wheel chair wrestling or something before i read a few posts

Imagine a sitout powerbomb in that promotion!

It would be cool if they had the track around the ring, like someone mentioned previously, but the match and race happened at the same time. It makes me think of the Kane/Undertaker inferno match where the flames leapt higher whenever they did a huge move or went towards the ropes, that would look pretty impressive. Stupid, but impressive...

Here is an update on it.

The All Wheels Wrestling taping on 6/29 at Universal Studios Florida will be a pilot taping for the Speed Network and a potential series to launch in 2012.

Speed has been looking to do a wrestling-related property for many months. As I noted on my Elite Hotline yesterday, one of the hold-ups during talks earlier in the year would be who would own the property and the show.

TNA is involved with the taping as the have purchased the trademark and the domain name for the property. Hermie Sadler is involved in some capacity as well, helping TNA with material needed for the taping.

One source outside of TNA has told me Jeff Jarrett was involved with the launch of the project, but I haven't been able to 100% confirm that. I do know that some people within the TNA office were surprised when word of the taping came out, as it wasn't something being discussed internally and was pretty much developed "off site" as its own entity.

No word on what talents would be involved or how the concept of the series would merge racing and wrestling.

So, It would not air on Spike but SPEED network. The Motorcycle thing is still a mystery but hopefully they won't waste any of their important wrestlers with this and they use it as a 2nd brand.

It would be really cool if this cross over was to produce a new video game for TNA.
I'm thinking of TNA's version of Mario Kart.
Abyss would be a perfect fit for Bowzer!

I don't want to just bash anything I haven't experienced personally, or hasn't even taken place yet, but... this don't sound too good.

I really can't say what network will air this, but for some reason my gut says MT2. Not sure why. But hey, maybe it could be entertaining, and I know there's a market for an idea like this.

Does anyone know who's involved in this promotion, by the way? Who knows, maybe some actually good workers or bookers have something to do with this.

I don't want to just bash anything I haven't experienced personally, or hasn't even taken place yet, but... this don't sound too good.

I really can't say what network will air this, but for some reason my gut says MT2. Not sure why. But hey, maybe it could be entertaining, and I know there's a market for an idea like this.

Does anyone know who's involved in this promotion, by the way? Who knows, maybe some actually good workers or bookers have something to do with this.

The network that would air this is SPEED which is a high cable channel, after Food Network and HGTV.

So far, It's Divari who would apart of the concept or he would be the first wrestler on the roster.

Picture_2.png

TNA has launched a Twitter page for All Wheels Wrestling. It confirms filming, team concept and first team logo.

http://www.twitter.com/AWWCommish

This has Eric Bishoff written all over it. I just wonder how the moto cross part fits in. Well TNA has done crazier things.

This has Eric Bishoff written all over it. I just wonder how the moto cross part fits in. Well TNA has done crazier things.

Well usually the track is circular right? So they (TNA) can put the ring in the middle of the field for the track and have races during some intermissions. Anyways, don't bash until we actually see this played out.

According to all the reports this is Jeff Jarrett's project. He has been the one retweeting everything AWW.

On paper, this is a weird idea. I can't really visualize what TNA has planned for this programming. I'm guessing the whole cross promoting of TNA and motorcross is to attract motorcross fans into the program and give TNA a wider audience which I guess is a good thing. I won't dismiss this as a terrible idea yet. I'll have to watch it before I can pass final judgement. Right now, it's sounds very odd but worth checking out at least.

According to a string of wrestling news sites as of today:

- The All Wheels Wrestling promotion has released four team names for their tapings that begin next month - Team 720, Team Dyno, Team Octane and Team Defiance. Entrance music and logos for each team is available on their Facebook.

It sounds like the teams will be the main part of AWW's concept. They wrote the following on their page: "Much like in racing, working together as a team is a big point of emphasis for the wrestlers of #AllWheelsWrestling"

Jay Lethal will reportedly wrestle for AWW under the name JR Lethal while Sonjay Dutt will perform as Schwagg Dutt. Former WWE stars Aaron Aguilera and Daivari are also rumored to be on the roster.

My interest level has certainly peaked with Lethal and Dutt. I'd definitely give this a watch, can't be any worse than the idea of NXT: Redemption that WWE is dishing out currently.

Don't say it's bad befor you see it. Wait till it premeres and then post this thread

:banghead: For satan's sake give it a try before you bash the idea. Road/Hog Wild was a good PPV idea when WCW did it. I don't think its going to be the same thing, but a quick race between matches isn't so bad is it? Give it a try and if it flops then it flops, but if its good then its good.

No it wasn't. There was no money from ticket sales because people could come and go into the show, and Booker T and Stevie Ray nearly got killed at one show because they were surrounded by racist bikers. Road/Hog Wild was a stupid idea.

It's nothing like that.

Team 720, Team Defiance, Team Octane and Team Dyno are all a group of wrestlers in separate teams. The NASCAR or Motorcycle professionals will be captains or like managers to those teams (ala NXT)

Matches would be booked into singles/tag team/3 way or 4 way matches with two or one wrestler from each team.

It's not exactly detailed the objective of winning a championship or the prize at the end but that's pretty much the concept.

No it wasn't. There was no money from ticket sales because people could come and go into the show, and Booker T and Stevie Ray nearly got killed at one show because they were surrounded by racist bikers. Road/Hog Wild was a stupid idea.

Are you sure that WCW didn't charge money to attend the PPV? Yeah there were racist bikers, but that wasn't WCW's fault they just thought of the PPV concept.

Anyways, everyone should give the show a try. If its bad then its bad, but if its good then it will be good. For satan's sake give the show a try before bashing it, because by you mentalyties TNA would be dead by now if nobody gave it a chance.

All Wheels Wrestling has released descriptions for each of their teams:

TEAM OCTANE
The members of Team Octane are All-American, inspired by the stock car, open wheel and drag racing series. These men know what it takes to entertain a crowd and wrestle at full tilt. This team has the bravado to talk their way out of any situation, but prefers to settle conflicts like men, in the ring. They are the odds-on favorite to win the AWW Championship Cup.

TEAM 720
Inspired by the X Games, Team 720 comes straight out of a video game. Their inspiration is BMX, snowboarding and skateboarding – they love the high risk aspect of wrestling. They are willing to push it to the limit and beyond.

TEAM DYNO
Big, bad and powerful. Some people don’t like the way these muscle heads handle their business, but when you’ve got at the tip of your fingers all the horsepower that motocross, dirt track and monster truck drivers have, who’s going to have the balls to say no?

Team Defiance coming soon

This is starting to look pretty intriguing to me and I'm interested in seeing what the roster will be and the taping this Wednesday

Are you sure that WCW didn't charge money to attend the PPV? Yeah there were racist bikers, but that wasn't WCW's fault they just thought of the PPV concept.
Pretty sure. They'd hold it at the Sturgis rally every year and get thousands random bikers show up because it was free. Booker T and Stevie Ray got beer bottles thrown at them while Chris Benoit and Dean Malenko got the hell booed out of them because they got an extra five minutes on a twenty-minute time-limit match. Bunch of drunken bikers just shitting all over the product.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/editorials/article/exclusive-road-mild-119981/3

Also, I have no idea what you were trying to say in the second half of your post.

All I have to say is this. If this is on Speed Channel and has some big name NASCAR people involved this could work.

Pretty sure. They'd hold it at the Sturgis rally every year and get thousands random bikers show up because it was free. Booker T and Stevie Ray got beer bottles thrown at them while Chris Benoit and Dean Malenko got the hell booed out of them because they got an extra five minutes on a twenty-minute time-limit match. Bunch of drunken bikers just shitting all over the product.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/editorials/article/exclusive-road-mild-119981/3

Also, I have no idea what you were trying to say in the second half of your post.

Ah ok, well i was sure people paid to attend the PPV. What i meant in the second part of my post, was give the show a chance before bashing it. If nobody gave TNA a chance WWE would be the only wrestling company on TV.

Where they high when they came up with this?!

Now if it was Pro Wrestling on Motorcycles, that's a totally different story...

I...I have no idea how to digest this. I mean ye midget wrestling is the epitome of ******ness but this is just downright Cartman-style wrong.

A blend of motocross and wrestling would just make it a circus and give not much seriousness to either of the events, unless two dueling bikes duke it out in the air. I smell Bischoff's hairspray behind this, he does have a history of haermaphoditing unlikely things with wrestling.

The Team Captains have been announced.

Team Octane – Jay Lethal

Team Defiance – Shawn Daivari

Team 720 – Sonjay Dutt

Team Dyno - Aaron Aguilera

Who would you have fill in these teams?? Is this the “All X-Division” show that was rumored a few months back?? How many of you honestly would love to see the return of World Elite!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back