ALL WHEELS WRESTLING - A new brand by TNA

Dizzy

Championship Contender
A new promotion, All Wheels Wrestling, which would combine motorcross racing and professional wrestling, will be taping what I assume to be a pilot at the Impact Wrestling Zone in Orlando, Florida (aka Soundstage 21) at Universal Studios.
The official release reads:
All Wheels Wrestling debuts June 29th at Universal Studios

This made for television event will appeal to both wrestling fans and motorsports enthusiasts alike. Come witness the high flying moves of some of the greatest pro wrestlers in the world as they battle it out in the ring in front of a live audience.

Doors open at 6:30PM. Taping begins at 7:00PM. Taping held at Universal Studios' Soundstage 21. This is a non-ticketed event and seating is based on a first come first served basis. It is recommended to arrive one hour prior to doors open. Video cameras and audio recording equipment is not allowed. Show may cancel and schedules and/or audience requirements may alter at any time.

The trademark and web domain for the terms "All Wheels Wrestling" are owned by different subsidiaries of TNA, so it would appear this is a new brand the promotion is looking into launching in some form.

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=58808

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=58807

It sounds odd as hell but it seems more like a X-Division style format of wrestling but with the motorcycle gimmick as the image of the show.

Sounds to me, If this is actually going to go into serious production. We might be seeing another TNA brand which explains the UFC leaving Spike situation.

... The hell?

My money's on this being Bischoff's idea. He's got a known history of doing these stupid cross promotions with other sports and celebrities.

Hope they put the event on television just so I can see how badly this will crash.

I see this going really really bad.

If I wanted to watch wrestling, I'd watch wrestling, if I wanted to watch motorcross, I'd watch motorcross. combining the two just kills it for half the audience at any given time.

a motorcross gimmick is something you give a wrestler, not a promotion.

... The hell?

My money's on this being Bischoff's idea. He's got a known history of doing these stupid cross promotions with other sports and celebrities.

Hope they put the event on television just so I can see how badly this will crash.

I can see it now, a tag team match featuring Sting and a popular motocross race vs. Mr. Anderson and another popular motocross racer (or Jay Leno, who knows). I like TNA but this sounds stupid. I'm guessing it will flop worse than the XFL

That sounds like a terrible idea. Bischoff/Hervey must have had something to do with it as they've produced titles as Girls Gone Wild and some terrible others.

If a show like Reaction couldn't last then how could something so stupid. One of Bischoffs gimmicks doesn't need its own show.

Even for being a gimmick and sounding worse than JCW, it would be great if they used it as a secondary show. Where they use the half of the roster that they don't.
Tag matches from guys like MCMG, Ink Inc, Beer Money/AMW fit well with the theme and the motocross fans may love them. They could include the Knockouts tag titles as filler.

I've seen wrestling events mixed with rodeo and motocross before. So it's nothing new to me. It's something of a carnival appeal. But seeing how outlandish and "not-all-wrestling", I'm sure most smarks would be too blinded to see the appeal. Because I can tell you such appeal exists. It's a hell of a much better idea than midget wrestling.

How in the HELL do you link motocross with wrestling?

Are they going to ride bikes to the ring and then do tricks after the match? I mean what the hell

This sounds like the worst idea in wrestling I've ever heard.... and also like some screwed up idea of how to keep the X division without it being in TNA but this is REALLY stupid.......

This sounds like a totally ******ed idea, but I won't dismiss it off the cuff.

A few years back, I attended a pro wrestling/heavy metal concert. While that sounds like a bit better of a mesh, the wrestling was choreographed to the music. I can't even imagine how much work had gone into that, but it looked amazing.

So who knows. I don't think the idea has any staying power (the card/concert was a one night only affair), but it could be a pleasant diversion. Or it could suck.

Whats confusing the hell out of me, how in the hell are they going to wrestle on motor bikes?:banghead:
Yeah. And how the hell do I brush my teeth if they are stuck inside my mouth?

Oh dear this sounds terrible. Definitely a Bischoff idea, loves his bikes and is always finding a way to bring his hobby to pro wrestling. Wrestling matters? Get fucked.
I still haven't even seen TNA or Bischoff/Hervey mentioned. So I really fail to care.
That sounds like a terrible idea. Bischoff/Hervey must have had something to do with it as they've produced titles as Girls Gone Wild and some terrible others.

If a show like Reaction couldn't last then how could something so stupid. One of Bischoffs gimmicks doesn't need its own show.

Even for being a gimmick and sounding worse than JCW, it would be great if they used it as a secondary show. Where they use the half of the roster that they don't.
Tag matches from guys like MCMG, Ink Inc, Beer Money/AMW fit well with the theme and the motocross fans may love them. They could include the Knockouts tag titles as filler.
I may need a map, because I was unable to follow anything written here. First it's Girls Gone Wild then it's Bischoff/Hervey and finally we're talking about tag teams that aren't even around.

How in the HELL do you link motocross with wrestling?

Are they going to ride bikes to the ring and then do tricks after the match? I mean what the hell

This sounds like the worst idea in wrestling I've ever heard.... and also like some screwed up idea of how to keep the X division without it being in TNA but this is REALLY stupid.......
Oh my GOD!! A motocross track is a circle. Put the fucking ring in the middle where it doesn't bother. Have a race, then have a match, have in an intermission possibly with a musical performance.

Have any of you idiots ever been to a damn carnival before? Apparently IWC smarks don't go to events if they aren't strictly wrestling. Carnival events are pretty common. And given wrestling originates from this sort of deal, it ain't that weird.

Oh god. This reminds me of the WCW PPV, Hog Wild and that was shit.

I really don't know how this will play out TBH. I hope it doesn't bomb, i'm really not sure if it will, but if Bischoff thinks this is a Good idea he is sorely mistaken.

Just another ripoff of a former WCW PPV. Hey Eric, WCW is dead.

heres an idea...give it a shot before you bash it..because im sure if this was an idea from vince..most of the comments would be..seems like a bad idea but ill give it a try.

TBH Ill give it a try, ill watch a few weeks of it and if I like it then I have another show to watch and if I dont then atleast I know that I didnt like it and will stop watching it.

Yeah, I'd give it a go. You never know it might be pretty entertaining. And, hell, It can't be much worse than impact.

Its a decent idea

If its done right.

you can have
Bands and Motorcross on during the day and at night Wrestling.

Oh it's about motocross?
thought it was about wheel chair wrestling or something before i read a few posts.
But it sounds like a horrible idea, with virtually no chance of being a success.

I'm not sure I'll make time to watch this, unless some TNA stars appear on there then I might. But this can only be positive for TNA whatever happens (more TV time, deeper roster etc).

When I first read that this All Wheels Wrestling was sort of owned by TNA (haven't seen anything concrete) I immediately thought it was a great chance for them to use it as a sort of developmental territory. Any guys that are not quite ready for iMPACT! or have just been signed could go down there to brush up their skills.

Will be interesting to see what comes of this.

wow the things people think up to take more money from us. Why cant wrestling just be wrestling?

but then again if this came to chicago im sure my dumbass would go also.

:banghead: For satan's sake give it a try before you bash the idea. Road/Hog Wild was a good PPV idea when WCW did it. I don't think its going to be the same thing, but a quick race between matches isn't so bad is it? Give it a try and if it flops then it flops, but if its good then its good.

A new promotion, All Wheels Wrestling, which would combine motorcross racing and professional wrestling, will be taping what I assume to be a pilot at the Impact Wrestling Zone in Orlando, Florida (aka Soundstage 21) at Universal Studios.
The official release reads:

It sounds odd as hell but it seems more like a X-Division style format of wrestling but with the motorcycle gimmick as the image of the show.

Sounds to me, If this is actually going to go into serious production. We might be seeing another TNA brand which explains the UFC leaving Spike situation.

ummm... I want to know how many monkeys it took to come up with this. :wtf:

No idea what to make of this but I find the idea somewhat interesting at least as far as seeing one show. Anything beyond that might be overkill but who knows until you see it. X-games = cool, prowrestling = not cool. It is probably tough to merge the two but I am not going to knock someone trying before I see what they come up with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back