• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Alberto Del Rio Is WAY Over - With The Cricket Demographic

Uncle Sam

Rear Naked Bloke
His name is Alberto Del Rio. He won the Royal Rumble. He was preceded by some musicians and his own ring announcer. He drove into the arena in some expensive car. He's not from where you are. He doesn't like Justin Bieber. He probably supports universal healthcare, the bastard maniac. He broke a guitar over the world champion's arm and then he put him in an arm bar. He winks. And yet not a single fuck was given that day.

But you-- you already knew that.

It seems ADR could forcefully cockslap small children on the way to the ring and you would still be able to hear the fat lady in the cheap seats farting. And, uh, that's about all I have on that one. So, in summary, here's a list of points to consider when responding:

• Alberto Del Rio isn't over.

Ummm, wrong?

I usually enjoy your insight Sam, but this, this is just wrong.

he gets the most heat (aside from Vickie) every week on Smackdown. A ton of heat. When his music hits, when the little Mighty Mouse guy starts saying things we don't understand, when he gets out of the car, and when he says his catch phrase. He gets booed out of the building. They didn't just make him win for nothing. he gets a lot of heat and will continue so on the Road to WM, you'll see.

I haven't watched SmackDown much lately. When I do, I don't trust my ears. I've been told countless times not to trust a reaction unless it's live. I'll make a point to this week, just to test that out.

The last two times Alberto Del Rio has appeared live - i.e. winning the Royal Rumble and parading around on Raw after winning the Rumble - his reaction has been mediocre. Rey Mysterio got more heel heat when he hit Diesel with a 619.

I haven't watched SmackDown much lately. When I do, I don't trust my ears. I've been told countless times not to trust a reaction unless it's live. I'll make a point to this week, just to test that out.

The last two times Alberto Del Rio has appeared live - i.e. winning the Royal Rumble and parading around on Raw after winning the Rumble - his reaction has been mediocre. Rey Mysterio got more heel heat when he hit Diesel with a 619.

I'm going to Smackdown tonight, I'll update you once I get home but i am fully expecting a lot of heat from the NY crowd, myself included.

When you're in a crowd, it can often sound louder than it comes off on television. I'm going to ignore everything you have to say on the matter.

Surely it didn't help that:

A: The band sounded horrible live. Maybe has something to do with purchasing guitars from Jeff Jarrett.

B: Everyone and everything beyond Alberto and Ricardo were missing cues and tripping up. The production team, the announcers, and even Miz.

Alberto Del Rio's heat fluctuates, and while that's still not ideal, it's a lot better than getting the type of reaction he got last night on a consistent basis. I think the ridiculousness of that celebration was one thing that killed his momentum. It would have been much better if he came out just him without a dopey band to distract the audience from booing him. The segment was silly and fun, but heels aren't supposed to be silly and fun.

Furthermore, that crowd sucked. That's not an excuse for not drawing good heel heat, especially if you just won the Rumble, but it definitely helps explain what happened.

If Alberto Del Rio just came out all by his lonesome (with Ricardo Rodriguez of course) and spoke down to the audience and cut the comedy segment with Miz, I think it would have been a lot better. We all knew he was going to pick Edge, the thing with Miz was totally unnecessary. Edge should have come out to get the crowd popped, and then Del Rio would have gotten the proper heat after he hit Edge with the guitar and armbar.

That was one of the more piss poor crowds at a Raw in a long time.

Also, don't trust taped shows. Cannon pops are some bullshit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back