AJ Styles Returns in Chicago, but is he Heel or Face?

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
This tweet was shown on IMPACT tonight after the footage of TNA surprising AJ with cameras again (this time standing next to a biker in a cut — hmm...):

@AJStylesOrg:
Enough! @ImpactWrestling you came to my house uninvited. I am coming to Chicago... uninvited!

We've been waiting for a while now to see what's happening with him, and it looks like we'll get our answer (or at least a glimpse of it) next week, live from Chicago when TNA kicks off IMPACT Live on the road.

Gotta say – I'm pretty excited to see how they handle this. Aces and Eights? Red Herring? What say ye?

I say bring it, AJ. Anything to save me from this monotony that is A&8's. I feel gipped after watching Impact tonight, so this hopefully can make up a little bit. But I am interested in what AJ has to say.

I think of it this way, unless he's going to be the "Leader" of the A&8's it doesn't mean shit. What is he going to do while coming back that he hasn't done yet? I love AJ Styles, but like I stated, I don't see him coming back and being a "heel." TNA has tried it before and they bombed it. AJ Styles coming back as just a member of A&8's will do absolutely NOTHING for him or his "absence" except make it a long vacation.

When the camera crew filmed aj styles talking with someone, the someone looked like and aces and 8 member. The guy was definitely a biker and if you looked close enough it looked identical to the ones aces and 8's wear. I thought at first glance it was mr anderson.

[QUOTE="The OverNight Celebrity" Roger Ruiz;4362093]I think of it this way, unless he's going to be the "Leader" of the A&8's it doesn't mean shit. What is he going to do while coming back that he hasn't done yet? I love AJ Styles, but like I stated, I don't see him coming back and being a "heel." TNA has tried it before and they bombed it. AJ Styles coming back as just a member of A&8's will do absolutely NOTHING for him or his "absence" except make it a long vacation.[/QUOTE]

I have no idea why this misinformation perpetuates. Part of me thinks it's just because TNA is such a burned brand that people love to point out the flaws of, but AJ Styles as a heel never bombed. What "bombed" was trying to make him AJ Styles, the Ric Flair incarnation, which was the second major heel turn of his career. That gimmick didn't get over, but AJ Styles as a heel absolutely did when he was doing great work as Prince AJ during the Christian Coalition/Angle Alliance days.

That said, Styles would make for a fine Aces and Eights leader, even if the shock of revealing him is lessened due to the footage TNA has been showing the last two years. Far better than most of the other options being tossed around, including Bully Ray IMO (based simply on the fact that Bully Ray would end up going head-to-head with Hogan as a result of the turn, and there's just no way I can see Hogan/Ray concluding this feud in the ring).

Styles, on the flip side, would end up in the ring with Sting, which as we've seen in the past, is a money match-up for the company.

I have no idea why this misinformation perpetuates. Part of me thinks it's just because TNA is such a burned brand that people love to point out the flaws of, but AJ Styles as a heel never bombed. What "bombed" was trying to make him AJ Styles, the Ric Flair incarnation, which was the second major heel turn of his career. That gimmick didn't get over, but AJ Styles as a heel absolutely did when he was doing great work as Prince AJ during the Christian Coalition/Angle Alliance days.

On a side note, I don't belittle TNA, as I am a big supporter of TNA and have been since R-Truth was Ron Killings and Ken Shamrock was wrestling for the NWA Title. But, back to the topic;

Was he really a heel more than stooge? He played second banana to Jeff Jarrett and all more so was an afterthought to the story of Jarrett vs. Angle. While he was an adequate "Lil Naitch", I think, again the storyline outshined him, propelling Bobby Roode and James Storm to main eventers, while AJ, again fought Daniels and Kazarian.

I think I worded the phrase, "bombed" wrong, it wasn't so much that it bombed, more than it wasn't given the chance to flourish.

It would make sense coming on the heels of one of their 4 PPVs to have AJ return as the leader of Aces and Eights. At least it would be a relevant reveal instead of D-Von, Mike Knox, Festus, Baby Bischoff, Wes Brisco (who is easily somehow worse on the mic then the Great Khali), and D'Lo Brown.

I mean all of the above are stiffs in my opinion. Mr. Anderson was a nice addition but I think they just needed something for him to do.

At least if AJ's the President, that saves us from some more 15 minutes Jeff Jarrett promos or even worse...more Bischoff.

I still feel like Double J and EB will be tied to Aces and Eights in some capacity. Perhaps the "higher power" they mentioned. It's been a long time since either were on TV.

I think the Aces and Eighst Angle should have been better I mean get 3 past enemies of Hogan and have them in the Aces and Eights to give us the motive why they attacked Sting and Hogan! Have Sid Vicious,GOLDBERG,BATISTA and Vampiro be in it would be a helluva a lot better than ex wwe jobbers PLEEEEEEEEZ Having AJ Styles heel again will decrease viewerships and it won t work as it didn t work when he was heel with Ric Flair

Have Sid Vicious,GOLDBERG,BATISTA and Vampiro

:disappointed:

Yeah, cause people complaining about how TNA isn't pushing young guys and is focusing on "old forgotten" wrestlers is so much better.

Having AJ Styles heel again will decrease viewerships and it won t work as it didn t work when he was heel with Ric Flair

In the early days of TNA when it was being supported by fans as an alternative to WWE AJ Styles featured as a heel, so that makes your point invalid. The Flair/Styles partnership was stupid but TNA have used AJ as an effective heel in the past, for instance when he was a member of Team Angle and the Christian Coalition.

They've made every Ace's and 8's reveal shady or hard to figure out, this is making it too obvious, like their trying to swerve audiences. AJ does seem to be acting more like a heel but more-so like a heel that doesn't care than anything else. I don't think he'll join Ace's and 8's or be revealed as a member but this gives him an opportunity to effectively return.

well, when i saw the tweet and the video of him "at home" i quickly thought Aces and Eights as the guy looked like he was wearing Aces and Eights gear, now will he be in it, who knows, but it would be a huge step in the right direction if he and/or Bully is in it, but i am now questioning if either will unless they join like Anderson did or are the real VP while D-Lo is a decoy VP. i dont see him being the President. i think it makes the most sense for that to be Jeff Jarrett and i dont mind and didnt mind it. however, i did mind D-Lo. my wish was that the president would be someone wanting power in TNA while the VP was the guy he wanted to push as his champion, but there's no way they should or would make D-Lo a champion which is why i didnt like his reveal.

I think AJ, (as well as Morgan and Roode) were simply red herrings, to make the Angle reveal more mysterious...

I doubt AJ'll be part of A&8s, but who knows...

I'd love the Higher Power to be Dixie Carter... In that Situation, AJ in the group could be cool.

the guy stood with AJ Styles in last nights Impact Wrestling ''AJ Styles Update'' was 100% wearing a Aces&8's waist coat.

although its NOT Confirmed as of yet, the guy stood with AJ in the update on him last night, looked like OVW Talent ''Randy Royal'', but like I say its NOT Confirmed, its JUST MY GUESS.

Can't upload the pic for some reason...

The guy AJ is talking to is NOT, wearing an Aces and Eights vest.

In the centre, where the A&8 logo is, (The picture of the cards, The 'Dead Man's Hand') This guy has some kind of yellow-ish gold writing or picture. Different shape, colour and plcement.

It's similar, but most logo's in that style are...

There was an issue 10 years ago or so here in the UK because of the similarity between the Black Label Society logo and the Satan's Slaves Motorbike Club, to the extent a Manchester gig was cancelled.. Hell, if you had filmed AJ with someone wearing a BLS Shirt for that short piece, it'd look like Aces and Eights...

At first I thought AJ was definitely in the group with what we saw last week. But now I'm unsure. He won't be leader, why would he be coversing with a gang member on the street if he was leader? It would seem like he's trying to get in the group....or to destroy it!

Nevertheless this has me intrigued. Styles looks horrible now, obviously he has grown out his beard and hair for this angle which makes it more authentic. Just wonder if he'll wrestle this way.

I wonder if the biker was anyone important. It kinda looked to me like Crimson! What do you think IDR?

When AJ does return next week I think your see Aces and Eights try and recruit him into the group, With sting also trying to do the same thing. I would like to see this go on for a couple of weeks before AJ has to finally make a choice about who's side he is on. Either way it will just be nice to have AJ back on Impact and hopefully this will lead to him getting a shot at the TNA title again.

Can't upload the pic for some reason...

The guy AJ is talking to is NOT, wearing an Aces and Eights vest.

In the centre, where the A&8 logo is, (The picture of the cards, The 'Dead Man's Hand') This guy has some kind of yellow-ish gold writing or picture. Different shape, colour and plcement.

It's similar, but most logo's in that style are...

There was an issue 10 years ago or so here in the UK because of the similarity between the Black Label Society logo and the Satan's Slaves Motorbike Club, to the extent a Manchester gig was cancelled.. Hell, if you had filmed AJ with someone wearing a BLS Shirt for that short piece, it'd look like Aces and Eights...

when the car pulls around and stops you see the Aces&8's Back & white Top Logo on the back of the Jacket, you see the playing cards on one side of the waist coat like the playing cards on the back of the Aces&8's Jacket used on TV, there appears to be some sort of red logo also on the back of the jacket which you see for a split section , there also is a red logo on one side of the front of the waist coat.
but its 100% deffo a Aces&8's Jacket /waist coat that the guy stood with AJ is wearing.

Ok, so there is a little discrepancy about the logo of the person talking to AJ. Suppose some of us are right, some are wrong... Are we seeing NWO 2.0? I hope not. Is this shaping up to be another biker gang, like with AJ, Crimson, Etc. teaming up to create a "wolf pack" type group, or another biker gang of sorts to feud with A&8's? Maybe the logo is similar but another biker gang they are setting the tone for now, like that could be revealed shortly. Maybe AJ is recruiting his own group and when he comes back he is going to declare his intentions and have a couple guys wheel out with him on bikes or something. Just an idea

Ok, so there is a little discrepancy about the logo of the person talking to AJ. Suppose some of us are right, some are wrong... Are we seeing NWO 2.0? I hope not. Is this shaping up to be another biker gang, like with AJ, Crimson, Etc. teaming up to create a "wolf pack" type group, or another biker gang of sorts to feud with A&8's? Maybe the logo is similar but another biker gang they are setting the tone for now, like that could be revealed shortly. Maybe AJ is recruiting his own group and when he comes back he is going to declare his intentions and have a couple guys wheel out with him on bikes or something. Just an idea

It's neat idea and it did cross my mind that AJ was actually recruiting for another gang that he would lead... but I think the problem is who else would you put in that gang? and I don't think AJ would have his gang be bikers.

Just seems too blatant for me.

TNA have kept the identities of Aces and Eights secret in various ways. The VP and the guy in charge particularly, going to the extent of using a few different people/voices to protect those identities.

Add to that Robbie Roode's non-appearances recently, Morgan's reappearance, the initial distrust of James Storm, The fact a lot of people suspect Ray, Jarrett, Bischoff... Add this to AJ's change of character and you have a lot of possibilities.

WHY would you go to all that trouble, just to show footage of AJ stood with a guy in a blatant A&8's top???

Now, an appearance with *A* biker, a nondescript, generic biker would be a good teaser. A possibility that could work several ways. AJ appearing with a A&8's guy has one, maybe two possible options...

Given all the attention paid to the secrecy, why make it SOOO obvious?

Now with Bully as the new champ and head of aces and eights it really does look like AJ is gearing up his own group to clash with them. I am thinking Crimson, but I am not sure who else will be in their with him. I doubt that they will bring the pope back to pick up with his feud with d-von but it is possible. I really don't know who else, if they will absorb some of the sting crew from lockdown or if it will be a separate thing all together. They are teasing AJ off being all secretive and getting the cameras out of the way. I don't know but it may be a showdown, culminating with AJ vs Bully for the title at Bound for Glory. It all seems to start to be coming together... Then again maybe I am way off

I'm looking forward to seeing AJ back, it's going to be interesting to see how they play this. The logical story is AJ in a Crow Sting vs NWO style angle culminating in AJ vs Bully for the title at BFG, however last year the nailed on plan for BFG seemed to be Roode vs Storm and neither of them were in the title match come the PPV.

the guy AJ Styles was talking to in the latest''AJ Styles Update'' from 7th March Impact Wrestling Episode is Luke Gallows you can tell this by the beard that Luke is sporting the Lethal LockDown PPV Autograph Signing Pictures on his twitter page TNA Twitter Page .

a lot of us think Aces&8's red herrings are... Bully Ray/AJ Styles/ Ken Anderson & Luke Gallows have been planted in ''Aces&8's on Hulk Hogans request''' to try and beat them at their game.

the guy AJ Styles was talking to in the latest''AJ Styles Update'' from 7th March Impact Wrestling Episode is Luke Gallows you can tell this by the beard that Luke is sporting the Lethal LockDown PPV Autograph Signing Pictures on his twitter page TNA Twitter Page .

The guy AJ was talking to was a fraction of the size of Gallows. AJ is standing right next to him and the size difference is negligible, if it was Gallows he would've towered over AJ, there is like over six inches and a hundred pounds of size difference.

The idea of AJ playing the Sting versus NWO style savior for TNA is quite possible and logical, and fits with AJ's past as TNA's lead defender in these types of situations, while having his change of personality even fits to giving it a Crow Sting style feel. I can't fault anyone for working under assumptions that relate to this theory.

As for this...
a lot of us think Aces&8's red herrings are... Bully Ray/AJ Styles/ Ken Anderson & Luke Gallows have been planted in ''Aces&8's on Hulk Hogans request''' to try and beat them at their game.
I don't know who the "lot" of you are, but that theory is ridiculous, especially as it pertains to Bully Ray.

So as promised, AJ did in fact return to TNA tonight at the live IMPACT from Chicago, but he was far from the AJ we knew. No smiles, long(er) hair, unkept beard, leather jacket, hoodie and a sucker-punch-like clothesline for James Storm after he ran Bad Influence out of the ring.

Definitely not the same Phenomenal One we've come to love, but the attack on Storm was quite interesting. Is AJ face? Heel? Neither?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back