AJ Styles Returns in Chicago, but is he Heel or Face?

AJ returned and saved a face from a beating at the hands of two heels before turning on the face. This is not a heel turn its a transition into the often forgotten tweener alignment, Styles has no allies.

Personally I'm pleased with the initial outcome, it freshens up AJ's character which has been stale for years now. For the first time since the Prince AJ days I've actual interests in him rather than his wrestling.

And the person he was speaking to last week was an Ohio Valley Wrestling guy of the name Randy Royal, just to kill that topic later than it should have been.

AJ returned and saved a face from a beating at the hands of two heels before turning on the face. This is not a heel turn its a transition into the often forgotten tweener alignment, Styles has no allies.

^^ this. Honestly if/when we hear AJ speak again I think it might been when/if Aces&8s try to recruit him, with Dixie/Hogan/Sting trying to get him to stay with TNA. If that happens I think his promo will go along the lines of "I told you I'm sick of doing what other people want me to do, I'm sick of always looking out for others, I'm out for myself now and you can take your biker gang, and your wrestling promotion and shove them up your ass."

At least thats how I would like to see it go down. Would be nice to see the more serious side of AJ that isn't always playing some straight up good guy or horrible heel. Hopefully they will book this right, I have faith that AJ can make it work from a character perspective.

Its pretty obvious after this week's IMPACT that AJ is playing the "Sting" role in TNA with Aces & Eights playing the "nWo" role.....

AJ, like Sting, left TNA after getting scrutinized and felt that his company turned their back on him, a rebel heel group took over in his absence, he returns as a tweener dressed in the colors/look of the heel group and shows no affiliation to either side while the heels try to recruit him. Eventually he will come to save the company from the heel faction at the major PPV (Bound for Glory) in a heavily hyped event against Bully Ray ala Sting vs Hogan Starrcade 1997...

From a storyline perspective it all fits and although a revision of the original Sting/nWo storyline it could work great if done correctly. Im all for it and excited to see both storys develop.

AJ was awesome as a heel tonight. He gave no hint of joining aces and eights, he didn't speak to Tenay, and last but not least he didn't give the fans what they wanted with the brawl with Storm. This is a different type of character for AJ, his heel runs in the past have been cookie cutter cocky heel characters. This time around he seems to be more of a grown man character telling his rivals to mind their business and pissing all over TNA. AJ had a rather lackluster 2012 (although his tag team with Kurt Angle was great). I'm just wondering where AJ goes from here, with Aces and Eights holding every title in the promotion AJ goes one of two ways. He either turns face and fights off Aces and Eights or he stands back and lets Aces and Eights run its course. Both of these ideas seem bad to me for the same reason, this character is to good to waste. With the 4 pay per view format feuds will last a lot longer and I just cant think of any other route for AJ. Where might TNA go with this?

This Picture http://ow.ly/i/1JtQx#284Y that Bully Ray uploaded to his twitter page last night of Aces&8s Crew before his Wedding to Brooke , I can name all but 1 of them in the picture...they are...

Front left to right: Brian Kendrick, Wes Brisco, Mike Knox, DLo Brown, Taz, Devon, Ken Anderson, AJ Styles.

Middle Left to right: The Guy against the wall behind Brisco I have no clue who that is, Jessie Gooderz{Tara's BF,OVW Wrestling Talent wearing wolly hat face mask behind Knox}, Jason Wayne{OVW Talent wearing Blue Mask}, Bully Ray, Crimson{white skull mask blue baseball cap}, Gallows.

Black left to right: the one directly behind Bully Ray is the only dude I don't recognise.

The ONLY Aces&8s Member missing from the photo is ''Garrett Bischoff''

This Picture http://ow.ly/i/1JtQx#284Y that Bully Ray uploaded to his twitter page last night of Aces&8s Crew before his Wedding to Brooke , I can name all but 1 of them in the picture...they are...

Front left to right: Brian Kendrick, Wes Brisco, Mike Knox, DLo Brown, Taz, Devon, Ken Anderson, AJ Styles.

Middle Left to right: The Guy against the wall behind Brisco I have no clue who that is, Jessie Gooderz{Tara's BF,OVW Wrestling Talent wearing wolly hat face mask behind Knox}, Jason Wayne{OVW Talent wearing Blue Mask}, Bully Ray, Crimson{white skull mask blue baseball cap}, Gallows.

Black left to right: the one directly behind Bully Ray is the only dude I don't recognise.

The ONLY Aces&8s Member missing from the photo is ''Garrett Bischoff''

The guy next to Anderson is no way Styles. That's just wishful thinking on your part, imo. If anything, that's Bischoff.

Plus, How on earth can you tell that the guy behind Devon with the cap & white skull mask is Crimson?! Random guess?

Front on the right looks like Bishcoff. There is a few unamed members, not sure about crimson being involved but would love to see him return. I will be very suprised if they are anything other than fillers. Lets face it the reveals have mostly been unsuprising, nicely executed at times tho.

As for AJ he seems hacked off with conforming to TNA I cant see him rushing to join another group to conform to them. I think the most likely character for him is an unpredictable loner possibly using the threat of joining one side against the other to get what he wants. I like the idea of him facing bully ray at a PPV he has ring skills so with a touch of dirty tactics (essential against a & 8) he could take it.

Not sure about brian kendrick either the guy in the photo looks too big built in the arms compared to last time we saw him

Well AJ has already returned and smacked around some people nobody would expect...how long before he starts wearing all black and standing in the rafters every week? MAybe a really long build-up over about a year and then never pay it off.

Who knows...might just work this time.

Am a huge AJ Styles fan. Not great on the stick but has shown he can manage, and has given us absolutely fantastic matches. The man's athleticism will always impress me. To put a man like Samoa Joe in a Torture Rack in the middle of a 15-minute slugfest is a feat few men could pull off. But I digress... Not sold to his new gimmick. To be fair, they have given us very little. At this point, he's a drunk confused bum. Not really anyone would get behind so I'm waiting and I hope we see a new improved, albeit bad, version of AJ. The man needed a reboot, this may be it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back