AJ Styles Promises "Wake Up Call" for Dixie Carter Next Week

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
918_19b2674528b4d5fa396dcc8c20062871_m.jpg

After winning the BFG series in phenomenal fashion, Styles grabbed a mic to thank the St. Louis crowd and the TNA fans for helping him achieve what he said he'd accomplish. There was a caveat, though, where he essentially called out Dixie Carter (or appeared to) criticizing her affinity for Twitter and her failure to reach out to him after his promo a few weeks ago where he spoke to wanting to be "the guy" for TNA again.

Long story short, he promised her a "wake up call" next week — what will it be?

I'm not really sure what he's going to say.
There's the obvious idea that he could say that his contract is coming up and he's going to win the title and walk out of the company with it. That just seems too obvious though so I feel strongly it won't be that.
I just can't figure out what else there would be to say.

I can't figure out what AJ has to say. It's no secret that he's "stepping up" as the go to guy once again. Slash brought up a good point about AJ's contract coming up, but I doubt he would threaten to take the strap with him if he isn't gonna re-sign.

I love how before they were pushing Magnus as the new face and future of the company but the min they relies that aj was going to leave they push to the top and f*** everyone else

I love how before they were pushing Magnus as the new face and future of the company but the min they relies that aj was going to leave they push to the top and f*** everyone else
Here's what professional wrestling writing does. When it works, it's often called a "swerve", although people have become too familiar with the drunk-driving swerves we've seen recently, as opposed to the stunt-driving swerves we've seen in years past. (That's a general statement, not TNA specific.)

You lead people to think in one direction, and then you act in another direction which makes sense given the staging.

No one gives a shit about Magnus. Some people think they do, but not one person would care for more than a week if he never appeared on TNA again. That's not a knock on him directly, professional wrestling is full of guys like that. It's tough filling two hours of programming when you can only offer a half hour of entertainment. But you lead people to think he's the next big thing. You make him performer #4 in a knock-off iteration of a good stable from long ago. That way, when someone beats him, he doesn't just beat some schmuck. He beats a guy that was going to be the next big thing!

Ric Flair did this throughout his career. He'd make stars out of people that were completely beneath him, because you don't get famous by beating nobodies.

As far as AJ Styles goes, hopefully the CM Punk 2011 storyline works out for TNA, because biker wars sure as hell didn't.

I like this idea!

But I wanna see it play out a bit differently. Next week, AJ comes out to give Dixie her wake up call, only to have Dixie come out & switch it all back to him, where she threatens to fire AJ before he even gets his title shot. It could make for something kinda interesting as we head into a big PPV, seeing how AJ tiptoes around obstacles.

Eh, I can't say that I'm all that thrilled at the prospect of Dixie Carter being a major focal point in a storyline featuring AJ Styles. The last time it happened, we were subjected to the unmitigated horror that was the Claire Lynch storyline. Dixie is most definitely a milf of the highest caliber, but the only time she's really been able to contribute to anything is when she doesn't get on the mic and plays the damsel in distress. When it comes to looking afraid while crying, she can be pretty damn good but that's about as far as it goes.

The prospect of Styles getting more time on the mic, while not spectacular, is necessary for the build to BFG. If Dixie Carter comes out there next week, however, Styles will be out there with someone that's worse on the mic than he is. This is just my opinion, but I think they need to have Bully Ray in the ring during Styles' promos going forward into BFG. Ray is able to carry his own weight on the mic and carry Styles enough to make up for what Styles lacks. Plus, with Ray as the top heel in the company, he'll be there to sort of bounce things back & forth.

As for what Styles will say, I think it'll be some sort of anti-management rant from Styles. I've little doubt that he'll bring up the contract situation and go on some sort of rant about how he's the best thing that's ever happened to TNA, that Dixie should be ashamed for allowing wrestlers like him to either not be under contract or be released from their contracts, how he's the one whose been loyal to TNA above all others, etc.

Styles will complain to Dixie about how big names have been brought into the company instead of good wrestlers. He'll threaten to not have a contract. Dixie will come out and tell him that he would be nowhere without her.

Surprise surprise, Rayne and Jack have it exactly right as per usual. This will definitely be a case of Styles channeling his inner CM Punk, suggesting he is going to win the title at BFG and then leave the company with belt in hand due to his contractual situation. Pretty much all kayfabe with a hint of reality as he probably hasn't renewed his contract yet and he may well be frustrated about that. Styles will suggest that he has been disrespected by the company and now he is going to make them pay for it. It may work, if may not but like everything else in pro wrestling, it's all been done before.

In reality, though, they better lock up his contract and soon because kayfabe and storyline aside, if he ends up leaving TNA, I think that would be catastrophic to the company, especially if he heads to WWE.

I don't know what he will say but this sure seems like it will be a rip off of the famous CM Punk "shoot" . As if that comes as a surprise since TNA rips off a lot of material.

The show didn't leave me wanting to see more next week so it may just be a cliffhanger that will deliver nothing more than another whiny speech from Styles where he struggles to remember his next lines and convey the appropriate emotion.

Then again this may be leading to something bigger. It may be time for Dixie to play the heel. She's been terrible as an on-screen character so far in her TNA tenure. A heel role would fit her perfectly since folks don't seem to like her anyway. If this is where she is going they should keep her out of the ring. Let her do promos and have discussions from a skybox. This way she establishes she is better than the rest. It also would look awful to have anyone berate an 80 pound older woman to her face.

Any chance they tie her to Bully Ray and A's and 8's? Good grief, could that make sense? I'm gonna stop now.

I have a weird feeling this is going to be almost like WWE and Cm Punk. There are contract disputes and AJ saying Bound for Glory is the last night before his contract runs out. He wins the title without a new contract just like Punk did.

I'm guessing this is just a retake of his worked shoot from two weeks ago because he made such a mess of it the first time. He was supposed to be white hot coming off that but in reality most were confused by what he was saying.

This is Take Two, so more of the same really

There's 2 way that i could see this gets a good outcoming.

First one is the obvious one where he wins at bfg and then leaves he company with the title and after that styles leaves for an extended period just like punk should have done( at least until the following ppv which is 3 months later).

Then from what i've read from the spoilers, dixie goes heel and i'd love her to go further into a potential heel persona where she mentions that this is his last chance. If he can't save tna from the aces and eights his tna career is over because they won't offer styles an extention so now the savior becomes the guy who has to save himself. I was even thinking that she could hire or joined force with bad influence because of their history with styles and it would give them a well deserved push too. Not the easiest way to play it, but it leaves the most potentials outcome if you ask me.

I don't know what he will say but this sure seems like it will be a rip off of the famous CM Punk "shoot" . As if that comes as a surprise since TNA rips off a lot of material.

Yeah, and Randy Orton spray painting Dean Malenko....errr....Dirt Bryan wasn't a rip off of The NWO. Everything in wrestling today is a rehash, or remake of previous angles. Get over it.

Yeah, and Randy Orton spray painting Dean Malenko....errr....Dirt Bryan wasn't a rip off of The NWO. Everything in wrestling today is a rehash, or remake of previous angles. Get over it.

Some people do not praise TNA. Get over it.

Besides, to rehash a simple thing from like 15+ years ago such as spray painting someones chest is far different than a complete remake (rip off) of an angle that just happened like 2 years ago. I can have my opinion. Get over it. I am not a fan of AJ or this angle he is working. Get over it.

I was always told that if you use another person's Idea then you have to give it a new twist that will offer something different. And I think it could happen with a few of the awesome ideas presented already.

Let AJ give his CM Punk Speech and call her out. As one poster said, Have Dixie Respond from a press box . Let her crap all over him. Tell him how its her money and if she chooses to throw it away she can and his career with it. Let her let AJ know he can walk right now because no one will want him and he's only a star in TNA. She can say, " I made you, I can break you. If CT wanted you, you would be there...hmmm. Looks like you are here with me. " Something of that nature.

Let Bully take up for Dixie and play the angle from there. Give the fans another side of Ms. Carter ' The Rich Bitch ' . AJ leaves and he does indy shows and ultimately begs to come back to TNA. Setting up a payoff at another major payoff.

It's a simple storyline but wouldn't feel like CM Punk so much. I have more ways this could work but this is off my head.

WWE wrestler, even if that's not the same as what an indy wrestler looks like. But Ohno should've known what he what he was getting into when he signed for WWE, Punk and Bryan both would've told them that not looking the part can hold you back. But the difference is that Punk and Bryan always had the body shape of athletes while Ohno has a bit of, ahem, jiggle going on.

If it's the CM Punk storyline, I hope TNA call up Shane Douglas to help them book it. Shane had a killer idea on how to book the Summer Of Punk II.

His idea was Punk taking the belt with him to indy shows, Mexico, Japan and Cena showing up at the same events to try and retrieve the belt from him. This would go on for months until Wrestlemania when Punk would return to defend the belt against Cena on the grandest stage. Well actually Shane didn't mention the bit about Punk returning to defend the title against Cena at Wrestlemania, but it would've made sense to blow off the angle there. This is how I'd love to see TNA book their version of the Punk storyline, with AJ in the Punk role, another TNA wrestler in the Cena role, and Lockdown as the PPV where AJ returns to defend the title against the TNA wrestler that's been chasing him around for the belt. Would be fucking huge.

But I'm honestly expecting this "Wake Up Call" will be something else, so I'm not getting my hopes up.

I'm guessing this is just a retake of his worked shoot from two weeks ago because he made such a mess of it the first time. He was supposed to be white hot coming off that but in reality most were confused by what he was saying.

This is Take Two, so more of the same really

This.

Aside from them possibly weaving in AJ's contract status, I assume that this is just away to further focus on and clarify the same kinds of issues that AJ brought up in his recent worked shoot promo. It will be more of the same with AJ rebuking Dixie for catering the product to flavors of the month and other failed expenditures and moments of misplaced focus(things like Hardy, Hogan/Bischoff, MMA stars, etc. though I doubt he will mention any specifically, but rather allude to them).

Though I'm reluctant to compare this to Punk's original "pipebomb promo" if by comparing the two people are likening it to the fact that AJ's voice may be used to express some of the IWC's pet criticisms of the product- then, from that perspective, yes they may share the same overall agenda even if the particular issues being cited are far different. Though what I don't see happening is AJ threatening to walk with the belt.

As for this...

This shows you don't understand the story being told. Since last winter when AJ lost the right to battle for the WHC until BFG this year, all the roads have been built to lead us to the main event that we are going to get at BFG. This has been the long term plan all along.

Magnus' showing in the series was never designed to set him up as the title challenger at the company's biggest event. It was merely executed as a way to establish his footing as a future star that can, and eventually will, see success at the main event level.

Right. This is totally a rip off of CM Punk's shoot. Except every single element of Punk's shoot is not repeated here, aside from the "shoot" part, which isn't even that shocking. Is it a rip off, or is it just a shoot? Not every shoot following Punk is based on his, ya know. If AJ goes on to say how he wants to leave with the belt then yeah - there's your rip off. Right now? Just AJ shootin'.

As far as what he'll say - I don't give a fuck. I am confused. If you wanna be "The Gah", if you wanna be "The gah that TNAy relahs on", then why the hell would you trash its owner? It seems like AJ's about to bury TNA, which in other instances would be alright, but not when you've claimed you wanna be the face of that company.

I can't say what will happen but if he spins it in a direction where he loves TNA, but wants Dixie and Hogan out of it in order for it to prosper then it will work. Then the problem is Dixie and what she's done to TNA, not TNA itself. AJ wants to "cleanse" TNA and rid it of Dixie. Then it's fine.

Either way, it's better than the usual "Ah will win the TNA World Tahtle and yew won't". Dude's got an edge now and this is a good way to show it. Plus, TNA's dirty laundry is always a fun topic.

Question though: what happens when a prominent wrestler like AJ Styles says things the IWC has been saying for AGES, and the crowd doesn't pop AT ALL? Usually, when something resonates with the crowd they cheer. When a wrestler mentions the town they're in, they cheer. It's their town. When a wrestler trashes the rival football team - they cheer. They feel the same way about it as the wrestler does.

But when AJ was shooting, most fans seemed kind of confused. This is not a delivery issue. AJ's words are strong enough to make SOMEONE react. You know, it's like they didn't know what he was talking about.

I'm thinking there are more casual fans in that audience that TNA thinks. They do pop for Hogan like crazy, and if TNA assumes all these people are on the Internet, they should be booing him out of the building and in turn cheering what AJ says.

Is this whole gimmick gonna be a reminder of how insignificant the IWC is, even on TNA's scale?

I kinda hope so.

This is how I'd love to see TNA book their version of the Punk storyline, with AJ in the Punk role, another TNA wrestler in the Cena role, and Lockdown as the PPV where AJ returns to defend the title against the TNA wrestler that's been chasing him around for the belt. Would be fucking huge.

Oh now that would be amazing the feud between the two wrestlers transcending companies and going round the world but the question is WHO do you think could be in the Cena role? I think it would have to be either Aries or Magnus.

The majority of the IWC are idiots, so it doesn't surprise me that this is being compared to the CM Punk storyline. The problem is, TNA has been doing stuff like this for years. The sports entertainment vs. traditional wrestling feud between Russo and the NWA traditionalist way back in the beginning. Main Event Mafia vs. The Originals, and Fortune vs. Immortal were all done before the CM Punk deal.

Sounds a little bit like a continuation of the Matt Morgan storyline where he was pissed with TNA & blaming Hogan for everything taht went wrong. Perhaps it is just that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back