Would Dixie Carter sell TNA if it can't meet her standards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayhem

Pre-Show Stalwart
TNA President Dixie Carter stated on Impact in front of the roster that TNA needs to "swing for the fences" and become the number 1 wrestling company and "it's our time" yet TNAs ratings are lagging at just a 1.1 again for this week.

TNA have a lot of established names on their roster for a company just 7 years old but is she serious? The WWE sells out arenas weekly for shows all across the country and scores huge crowds. WWEs marketing is amazing and their roster is utilized more appropriately for shows.

Most of the established names in TNA are either past their prime, can't cope with the schedule of WWE or have no where else to wrestle after leaving WWE.

TNA holds their shows in universal studios every Impact gaining no money for them with small crowds and their ppv buyrates and attendances are mediocre. With one show surely TNA cannot compete with the machine that the WWE is like Carter says.

If she can't achieve this soon do you think she would call it a day if TNA could not meet her standards and sell her stake?

In a word, Yes.

I wouldn't expect it in the short term but I wouldn't be hugely surprised if she did. She's not loyal to wrestling; she's loyal to money. If it ever turns into a situation where they are actually losing money all around then without a doubt. Jarrett would try to buy it back and Vince would outbid him and then we'd be right back where we started.

I'm not sure that there's anyone who would buy TNA in its current structure. There are some assets, but not much.

The brand--"Tits 'N' Ass Wrestling" is close to worthless in the US. There is some name recognition for "TNA" and "Impact", and maybe some value to the "TNA" name overseas. Change the name to "Impact" and you keep most of the recognition. Value it and all TNA trademarks at $1M.
US cable spot--valuable, but continuing the Thursday night Spike TV slot would have to be negotiated by a new owner, I believe. $8M/year in revenue for three years. $24M.
Talent Roster--mostly disposable, frankly. If the only contracts in WCW worth buying were Chavo Guerrero and Lash Larue or whoever, then I'd say everyone in TNA except for Angle, Styles and Joe are easily replaceable, interchangeable parts. Call it $3M, $1M each for the big three.
Tape Library. $1M, probably an overestimate. TNA has mined all the easily available gold here.

So $5M in value, plus $24M from Spike. Would anyone drop close to $30M to own this turkey if the Hogan experiment fails?

Well first off Dixie Carter needs to get her head screwed back on because TNA can bring in Hulk Hogan all they want but theres a reason WWE didn't want Hogan, and when WWE doesn't want someone you know somethings up. You look at WWE and Vince McMahon and all he cares about is the Money. So if Vince himself doesn't think that The Hulkser can make him a significant amount of money then Vince is probably right.

Now on to the subject, will Dixie sell TNA, the obvious answer is eventually, but the real question is how soon is eventually. I think that even Dixie knows that TNA wont be competing with WWE for a while, the only way they could possibly catch up to WWE in the next 3-4 years is if Vince dies and Big Dick Johnson owns WWE. Dixie has to realize that TNA doesn't have the money available, the TV time, the amount of shows, or the roster to compete with WWE.

Now with that said, I think Dixie could sell TNA within the next 3 years if TNA doesn't at least start to catch up to WWE, but it'll be more beneficial if she holds on for another 5-6 years then see were its at.

So if Dixie wants improvement in the next 3 years look for TNA to be sold no doubt, if she has patients, then its a toss up.

I believe if TNA were to somehow stop turning a profit, she would indeed sell her stake in the company. There is no way TNA is going to compete with the WWE right now. If they keep going how they are, they will produce a better product to an extent, but will continue to hardly turn a profit.

Essentially for TNA to compete with WWE they need to start leaving the Impact Zone on a weekly basis. Even if they were to not leave the Impact Zone, they still should start charging admission to see their shows.

Either way, I think before she could sell her stake in the company , Panda Energy or whatever the company is, would pull out. Either way I think TNA will continue to progress so I don't see this happening any time soon.

wcw sold for 1.2 million...tna isnt worth shit. i hate to say that but it is true. alot of the roster is unhappy, even more of them just suck (the british guys, nash, steiner, deaner, etc.)

the women might be salvaged. assuming vince is the buyer, which i cant even imagine another scenario, he would ruin them in three months.

the only talents he would probably keep are kurt, joe, daniels, aj and he would try to get sting and with the pg rating, i dont see why sting would resist anymore. tna has become everything sting said he didnt like about wwe. scantily clad women, profanity, heck they even have wrestlers named suicide and homicide. vince might keep a few others around but they wouldnt be top stars, if ever. for example aj would get teamed with evan bourne or something and be stuck in mid card forever.

if the time comes where tna needs to be sold, the carters will take whatever they can get, im sure of that, and it wont be much. the library is the only thing i could see vince having interest in since he wants more and more of everything to eventually create his own wwe tv channel.

just my 2 cents...

The brand--"Tits 'N' Ass Wrestling" is close to worthless in the US.

I've long had a theory regarding this as to why the women get the highest ratings in a TNA show.

Your casual viewer flips through the channels, sees "TNA Wrestling" come up, women wrestling on screen, goes "great, Tits 'N' Ass Wrestling" watches the match then after a while realises it's actually mainly men, and tunes out again.

Well, wrestling isn't set up the way it used to be as all of us here know. Considering the fact that TNA doesn't have generations of fans behind it like WCW did and doesn't have something of a dynasty like WCW did, TNA has done well. As far as TNA's current ratings go, they're in line with what the company has done over the past few years, typically in the 1.0-1.2 area on average, but TNA just isn't growing at the type of rate that I believe Dixie Carter would like it to.

I think that a lot of people, Dixie Carter included, felt that TNA Impact would have been drawing in the 2s by now at least and a lot of expectations have been dashed. If Dixie Carter wants for TNA to even have a shot at becoming the #1 wrestling organization out there, then she's going to have to be willing to stick around for the long haul I think. It's extremely, extremely unlikely that TNA is going to have the growth to fully take on the WWE as a serious competitor anytime within the next few years at least.

If a decision is ever reached to sell TNA if it doesn't meet expectations, however, it'll probably come from Dixie Carter's father rather than herself. Dixie Carter isn't a wrestling person. She doesn't have the passion, love or the knowledge of wrestling and I won't be surprised if the Carters do try to sell TNA off to someone. In terms of equity, probably the TNA video library is the most valuable assett the company has at this point.

Well, wrestling isn't set up the way it used to be as all of us here know. Considering the fact that TNA doesn't have generations of fans behind it like WCW did and doesn't have something of a dynasty like WCW did, TNA has done well. As far as TNA's current ratings go, they're in line with what the company has done over the past few years, typically in the 1.0-1.2 area on average, but TNA just isn't growing at the type of rate that I believe Dixie Carter would like it to.

I think that a lot of people, Dixie Carter included, felt that TNA Impact would have been drawing in the 2s by now at least and a lot of expectations have been dashed. If Dixie Carter wants for TNA to even have a shot at becoming the #1 wrestling organization out there, then she's going to have to be willing to stick around for the long haul I think. It's extremely, extremely unlikely that TNA is going to have the growth to fully take on the WWE as a serious competitor anytime within the next few years at least.

If a decision is ever reached to sell TNA if it doesn't meet expectations, however, it'll probably come from Dixie Carter's father rather than herself. Dixie Carter isn't a wrestling person. She doesn't have the passion, love or the knowledge of wrestling and I won't be surprised if the Carters do try to sell TNA off to someone. In terms of equity, probably the TNA video library is the most valuable assett the company has at this point.

I disagree about it being the father's decision to do it. I would assume that even if TNA isn't excelling it is probably at least breaking even so he wouldn't really have any reason to worry about it. Dixie's dad bought the company for her, kinda like a new pony; he wouldn't take away the pony unless she decided to ditch it. Now I do feel that if she thought she wasn't going to be at least a great big success, yeah she'd just decide to sell it and move onto another project her dad could buy.

The way I figure it the dad probably cares pretty little either way, with having a multi-million dollar company in Panda Energy.

I disagree about it being the father's decision to do it.

Robert Carter, Dixie's father, is the one that purchased TNA after being persuaded to do so by Dixie herself. TNA's initial financial backer, HealthSouth, had to withdraw since it was being investigated for accounting irregularities. Most of TNA's executives are former executives with Panda Energy International, of which Robert Carter is the founder, chairman and CEO. Now, Dixie is the figurehead of the company, but her father is the one that owns it. Or, rather, owns about 72% of it. So far as I know, he hasn't just turned over his shares of the company to her. Should he choose to sell his shares of the company, he can do so.

I would assume that even if TNA isn't excelling it is probably at least breaking even so he wouldn't really have any reason to worry about it. Dixie's dad bought the company for her, kinda like a new pony; he wouldn't take away the pony unless she decided to ditch it.

That would depend upon how much it might be costing him to keep the pony fed. If he's pumping money into the company, he's eventually going to want to see a return on his investment.

Meet her standards? She's running the damn thing! She sets the standards. If TNA doesn't meet her standards, then she hasn't lived up to her own standards and is a hypocrite.

If she cannot make this company successful, become Ted Turner. Hire people who know a lot about wrestling and booking, and sit in your office and sign checks and get reports. Stay away from creative.

Selling the company? Well, who'd buy it? Companies like AOL have shown they have no interest in wrestling. And, who else out there has both the money and the love and experience to give the company their all? If she sold it to Vince, it would be raped, plundered, gouged, and finally buried in the same graves as WCW and ECW. Perhaps someone, like Bicshoff, might buy it if the price were cheap. Maybe a rich retired wrestler, yeah, I know that sounds weird, will buy it.

Ultimately, I would be sad to see TNA go down. I've really gotten into it in the past few months, and actually look more forward to Impact then Raw. I like the young guys like Morgan, who I think is great, and have been impressed with guys like Scot Steiner, who really has stepped up and pushed his body to the limit.

It seems a lot of TNA's failings are due to poor management. In the end, if Dixie has to sell or shut down, the only one to blame is the person in the mirror.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back