AJ Lee Possibly Returning For Evolution?

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
A few weeks ago Stephanie McMahon announced that WWE will be holding its first ever all women’s pay-per-view in October, and it will be called Evolution.

Former WWE Superstars such as Trish Stratus and Lita will be appearing at Evolution, and Vince McMahon is reportedly hoping to book another big name for the event.

Joe Peisich recently claimed on Barnburner’s Fired Up podcast that Vince McMahon reached out to AJ Lee and contacted her about a possible return (via Ringside News).

“Vince McMahon picked up the phone and he reached out to AJ Lee about returning at the Evolution pay-per-view. AJ has not confirmed or denied that. Sources tell me they’re closing in on a deal with AJ Lee.”

AJ Lee recently dominated a poll posted by WWE asking who fans want to see at Evolution.

However, it remains to be seen if she will end up returning.

Now, that's interesting...

I always likes AJ and I'd be really excited to see her back in a WWE ring. Honestly, I don't think it would ever lead to anything more permanent but it would be very entertaining regardless. You have to wonder who they would think about pairing her up with for Evolution. Someone like Ember Moon or Asuka would be really good choices for my money.

It remains to be seen whether AJ would be up for returning, especially with everything that happened with her husband. Good on Vince for trying to make amends, even if it is for his own gain and that of his product. I guess it does show that he'll put his pride behind him if it's good for business.

I remember reading something about how heartbroken Vince was when AJ Told him about her retirement. For some weird reason, she grew on him as a person and a performer so i'm not surprise to hear that he call her personally mostly because of the respect he had for her as a performer.

Now does this mean that she would be willing to do at less a appearance on the show, that'S another story. The thing is, she pretty told the world that she can't wrestle anymore because of her back issues but if she would be willing to come back, i could see her in another role like a special guest referee for either one of the title matches or for the finals of the MYC.

Also, i read that she might be in the video games this year since they are using the 18 second mania match for the daniel bryan showcase so if she's in the game, i wouldn't be surprise to see her at evolution and even more as a inductee in the hall of fame in the near future.

This interests me a lot more than her husband getting back in the ring.

AJ has always been one of my favorites and I was a bit bummed when she left. If she were to come back it would most definitely get me more interested in the event than I am already. However with the hate-on Punk has had for everything WWE since he left i don't see AJ doing this simply because it would cause to much shit at home. I'd love to be wrong but I don't think I am in this regard.

It'd be cool to see her again even if it's just for one night. I have no idea how Punk would react, you'd think he'd want his wife to do what she wanted without any sort of pressure or resentment from him but, then again, he's also the guy that basically tossed Colt Cabana out into the cold due to Cabana attending a WWE show to visit friends.

Maybe there's a side to CM Punk that we don't know about...I mean, there'd have to be as I just don't see otherwise how AJ could just walk away from what she'd professed to anyone who'd listen was her dream.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back