The evolution of "Evolution"

JoeFromTomsRiver

Championship Contender
Flair is going to be on RAW Monday Night and I think the end result is going to be a new member being introduced into Evolution.

Triple H will probably let on that he is happy to bring Flair back into the fold, only to turn on him and introduce Flair's replacement (who that should be is one of the more interesting topics on here recently).

This will give Evolution even more heel heat for dumping Flair, will give someone the rub of being the newest member of Evolution (being the man who took Flair's spot is a pretty good push) and will add a new element to the feud with the Shield. And with Batista taking time off soon, it will keep Evolution with 3 members.

It also gives Triple H a decent little catchphrase as he stands over a beaten Flair and holds up the arm of the newest member..."this is the Evolution...of Evolution".

Yeah, I could picture Triple H and Evolution turning on Flair with something reminiscent of the Triple H/Flair feud from 2005. Triple H was disgusted with Flair, as this broken and withered old man, so Triple H wanted to put to Flair out of his misery. Evolution destroys Flair in a beat down for more heat on Monday, and The Shield shows up for the save. Hopefully, there's no contact between the two, because they're doing a wonderful job of building the anticipation for the match at Extreme Rules.

Flair has no place in Evolution now. Flair's presence will bring cheers and "woooos" out of the live crowd, and they're supposed to be heels, so I can't see it working out.

I don't see Evolution adding any new members. I think their reunion is a limited-time engagement, because, as The Shield pointed out, they're really all out for themselves. I agree with The Shape. Flair's showing up to catch a beating. His appearance also has the added benefit of shutting up all those who've made an issue of Flair not being a part of the reunion from the get-go. They could've left him out altogether as far as I'm concerned, but should Evolution work him over and The Shield make the save, it'll be a very entertaining segment to watch.

I don't know based on the shape he is in, what kind of bumps WWE will allow Flair too take. I'm sure he'd be okay doing anything but I don't think WWE would let him do much physically. Which is a bummer cause I think it would be awesome to see Triple H welcome Ric Flair back home to Evolution. Have Batista and Orton hoist him up. Then smile give him the thumbs up only to slowly turn it to a thumbs down and have Batista drop flair. Turning on flair would give them great heat. It just fits with the theme of Evolution. Triple H can say with evolution comes extinction, and Flair, evolution has passed you by and you are extinct!

As for adding another member of Evolution, I was thinking the same thing the other day, and I want them to add a new young guy. The whole point of Evolution was to show the past, present, and future of the buisness. Originally Flair was the past, Triple H was the Present, and Orton/Batista were the future. Now, Triple H is the past, Orton/Batista are the present, so I think the need to add a new guy to represent the future.

anyone who thinks flair cant get over as a heel is insane, flair is one of the best talkers ever, better than orton or batista. all flair has to do is cut a promo and hes a heel again. no reason the dirtiest player in the game cant cheat to help evolution beat the shield, and cheating the shield would reinforce flair as heel

Are we sure Evolution are going to be the heels in this fued with The Shield ? The Shield have been heels since their inception.

Flair cant wrestle anymore, although during Evolution's heyday he mostly was a manager anyway, save for PPV win over HBK and helping elevate Batista by teaming with him and winning the tag titles.

He is extremely popular with fans, but he was just as popular back in Evolution's original run and managed to get way over as a heel.

It would be easy to establish a clear heel-face dynamic in the Evolution-Shield story by having the group beat down Flair and let The Shield make the save, even more so if Flair helped The Shield as their manager. It would also help Evolution get a better face response if Flair came back, if they wanted to make them the good guys & The Shield the bad guys.

Personally, I think The Shield could develop as good guys and have long term potential that Evolution may not have. It would be totally in keeping with both Flair's and HHH's characters if they faked an Evolution turn against Flair, alligning him with The Shield, who he would then sabotage to give Evolution the win. After all, Flair is 'The Dirtiest Player in The Game' and when The Shield meets Evolution they'll have to play 'The Game' HHH to win. In terms of originality this would be right up WWE'S alley as it's eerily similar to Flair-Sting circa 1995 and Flair-HBK circa 2003.

Are we sure Evolution are going to be the heels in this fued with The Shield ? The Shield have been heels since their inception.

What are you talking about? Evolution are the heels, the Shield are former-heels, currently babyfaces, who recently stood up for Daniel Bryan and picked a fight with the hated "Authority". The Shield were faces at Wrestlemania, before this feud even started, so saying they have been heels since their inception is wrong.

I don't know how you could perceive any gray area or what would lead you to ask "are we sure Evolution are going to be the heels in this feud with The Shield?".

Poor naitch we all see it coming,naitch is going to get his ass whipped by Evolution.. Hell trips felt that much in 2005,nine years later Evolution is really going to lay it into him.. I dont see Evolution adding a new member seeing as how after ER there most likely done.. Thats because Batista is taking time off to go promote his movie..

The Shield will make the save,save naitch and i think that Naitch corners the Shield at ER against Evolution.

Maybe Flair will just step down and introduce his replacement. Why do they have to turn on him? What would be cool though, if he ended up managing the new member for a while because in this way the feud with The Shield could stay three-on-three.

I wrote in another thread that the likely scenario would be Evolution welcoming Flair, then beating him up only for the SHIELD to come to his rescue.

As for how long Evolution will last; with the news that Batista is taking time off after ER, it doesn't make much sense to have the faction continue with Orton and a guy who is only a part-time wrestler. I had considered in the same thread maybe this is where Ambrose turns heel and goes on his own or is the newest Evolution member? I don't know. Or maybe even Sheamus turns, but that seems very far fetched.

Either way, I don't expect Flair to be involved in any storylines once RAW is over. Nor do I see it likely Evolution lasts past ER.

Looks like Orton's time at the top of the WWE ferris wheel might be over to make room for other guys.

As for how long Evolution will last; with the news that Batista is taking time off after ER, it doesn't make much sense to have the faction continue with Orton and a guy who is only a part-time wrestler.

Which makes it more of a possibility that a new member would take Batista's spot so it's still a 3 man group.

As for this idea that Evolution is "ending" after ER, the plans are for Triple H to face Reigns at Summerslam. So is Triple H going to feud with the Shield up till then on his own? Why would he kick Orton to the curb and go it alone?

Orton and a new member could line across from Rollins and Ambrose while Triple H focuses on Reigns.

If a new member doesn't take Flair's "spot" on Monday Night, look for the new member debut at ER when he helps Evolution win the match.

As for this idea that Evolution is "ending" after ER, the plans are for Triple H to face Reigns at Summerslam. So is Triple H going to feud with the Shield up till then on his own? Why would he kick Orton to the curb and go it alone?

Triple H is never alone anymore. It's pretty clear that he has most of the rudos on the roster at his beck and call. If Evolution loses at ER, what reason would Trips have to stick with Orton and Batista? They'll have failed in stopping Bryan and The Shield in consecutive pay-per-views. We can already assume that Batista will be out the picture for a while, and Orton and Hunter have had some tense moments since they made nice after SummerSlam. Seth Rollins pointed out how they're all just looking out for themselves at the end of the day, and seeing as how this reunion was borne out of necessity rather than friendship, I think he's right. Evolution doesn't have a strong foundation.

Evolution could certainly add a new member, but I don't see it. It's just as likely that Triple H just gets new flunkies altogether. He's not going to wrestle on a regular basis, so in order to keep him tethered to The Shield, the feud could simply transition from The Shield vs. Evolution to The Shield vs. The Authority. We'll see in a week, and either way there's potential for entertaining TV. Personally, I wouldn't put any money down on Evolution sticking together, much less recruiting, unless I was privy to the plan moving forward.

What people are not thinking is that the WWE(well mostly HHH) is playing chess with the audience and us as watchers. Yes Rich Flair is coming back to Monday night raw so we can see the full set of Evolution because that's what some fans want to see. its a 7/10 chance that flair will be Jumped by his former stable mates for Shield to make jump to save him. It gives more cheers for the the Sheild and more heat on Evolution. Now that heat will get Evolution a win at Extreme Rules, and sets up a rematch for the Shield to get Over at Payback. Which now when it comes to Dave is leaving they are gonna take him out with a "injury". A Roman Reigns Spear a triple Power Bomb Etc....

Now this commotion of a newest member seeing as HHH is head of NXT and its only him and Randy this new kid will have a be a force and will most likely get debuted on raw unless they push the issue have Dave's injury durring the match and they bring out the new kid to carry on the match. I like Jason Jordan he has the Look that Evolution is looking for or they could call up big Mason Ryan who has been pretty good as of late and he is a Dave Clone in Size and foot work. Who ever they bring up will get a good rub that could get him a US title run at the very least...which would set up Dean and Roman at the Money and the Back ladder match.

This is Simple Chess in motion other than the newest member the writing is on the wall...we know this will elavate the Shield and then once they break apart(like we know they will this this year) its gonna create A top Baby Face in Reigns and New top Heel in Ambrose and a new CM Punk in Seth Rollins

Triple H is never alone anymore. It's pretty clear that he has most of the rudos on the roster at his beck and call. If Evolution loses at ER, what reason would Trips have to stick with Orton and Batista? They'll have failed in stopping Bryan and The Shield in consecutive pay-per-views. We can already assume that Batista will be out the picture for a while, and Orton and Hunter have had some tense moments since they made nice after SummerSlam. Seth Rollins pointed out how they're all just looking out for themselves at the end of the day, and seeing as how this reunion was borne out of necessity rather than friendship, I think he's right. Evolution doesn't have a strong foundation.

Evolution could certainly add a new member, but I don't see it. It's just as likely that Triple H just gets new flunkies altogether. He's not going to wrestle on a regular basis, so in order to keep him tethered to The Shield, the feud could simply transition from The Shield vs. Evolution to The Shield vs. The Authority. We'll see in a week, and either way there's potential for entertaining TV. Personally, I wouldn't put any money down on Evolution sticking together, much less recruiting, unless I was privy to the plan moving forward.

Whilst a replacement member isn't exactly out of the equation, I agree with the Butcher above...who hit the nail on the head in his Rollins reference...

As some may remember, just before Evolution unofficially reformed, the night after WM, HHH basically said to Orton and Batista, that the 3 of them together were unstoppable. As said in the above quote; HHH is still the Main Authority figure and has virtually the entire roster at his beck and call. If Evolution loses(which I think they will since Batista is leaving), then I expect the group to disband as it would have gone past its usefullness, in terms of being 'unstoppable', and HHH will just move on to someone else to destroy Bryan and the Shield.

Although it might screw with the Heel/Face scenario.

What if Flair is delivering a promo about the reunited evolution to then suddenly be interupted by S-H-I-E-L-D and they surround the ring. It would make the Shield come across more as the heels but gives a different dimension to the feud

I fantasy booked this before I knew Flair was even coming to Raw. This makes perfect sense for Flair to promo against HHH and the reunited Evolution. He'll go on and on about how HE made Evolution, and how he can't believe they didn't involve him in reuniting it. Enter Evolution 2.0, they promo about Flair being old and washed up. Enter the Shield, they save Flair.

Extreme Rules, Flair turns on the Shield for a Dusty Finish and that allows everyone to remain in their respective program until after Payback or MitB, whichever is first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back