AJ Lee Gone From WWE

omg, Meltzer really bought into Vince swerving him. Monday night raw was the hottest property in cable tv at the time. and they're going to change the name, change the roster? yeah right stupid! the fact that they booked wcw- branded house shows doesn't prove anything.

omg, Meltzer really bought into Vince swerving him. Monday night raw was the hottest property in cable tv at the time. and they're going to change the name, change the roster? yeah right stupid! the fact that they booked wcw- branded house shows doesn't prove anything.
Aside from the fact that it was indeed considered? Yeah, it proves nothing.

Indeed. My biggest issue with an Invasion: we had just covered the Monday Night Wars. Why would I buy WCW as a real threat now?

After last week, its pretty clear a certain someone isn't over it yet.

True. I said from the start that Sting loses because it was build as WCW vs WWE feud. And Vince always wanted to use talents and rubs they had from WCW but never really considered putting aside "Monday Night Wars" and putting WCW at higher level. Why should he? He won and wanted to make clear that all people knew that even 15 years later.

Killjoy, we don't know why they booked wcw branded house shows, it could've been for any number of reasons like some form of marketing ploy to increase attendance in the south.

fact of the matter is that it was just not a realistic scenario to replace the roster and change the name.

and for Meltzer to blame it all on Dunn is naive!

Meltzer is reporting WWE has signed AJ Styles and they didn't want two AJ's in the same company.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back