AJ/Daniels... What's the Story?

disturbedbob

Dark Match Winner
On Impact these last few weeks Daniels has been speaking to AJ secretly about something. What do you think the story is behind these subtle promos? Where are they heading with this?

imo Daniels is asking Styles to team up with him again as they make a challenge to the tag champs....Beer Money. In the spirit of competition of course. Or will it be the end of Fortune?

Will this all end in the break up of Beer Money? As a result of Morgan's injury will both Storm and Roode qualify for the BFG series final 4 to continue a possible feud?

Answers on a postcard to...???

I think Daniels is asking for a rematch. Daniels didn't seem at peace when he lost to AJ and was damn sure close to knocking him out on his ass after the match but they hugged it out.

My guess is that Daniels wants AJ and him to go at it one more time. At first it was about Destination X, but now when Daniels is asking for another match it becomes a contest and it's personal. I think AJ will refuse to give Daniels what he wants, what's done is done, but Daniels will give AJ a reason to face him - he'll turn on him and Fourtune.

This sets up AJ Styles vs Christopher Daniels at Bound for Glory, which essentially means that AJ won't win the BFG Series, which is a bummer.

They love each other. One is a vampire, the other a werewolf. And they sparkles.

I hope to God it is this, but I think it's gonna be leading to yet another Daniels v AJ match at BFG.

on another note, I still dont understand why Samoa Joe was involved in the setting up of the first match and why he wasn't really bothered or involved in it again after AJ and Daniels decided to have a one on one... surely he has something to prove with that at the moment considering he's on a big fat 0 on the BFG series and was disrespected by these two.

I hope to God it is this, but I think it's gonna be leading to yet another Daniels v AJ match at BFG.

on another note, I still dont understand why Samoa Joe was involved in the setting up of the first match and why he wasn't really bothered or involved in it again after AJ and Daniels decided to have a one on one... surely he has something to prove with that at the moment considering he's on a big fat 0 on the BFG series and was disrespected by these two.
It's a part of the storyline where Joe is disrespected, forgotten, underestimated and beaten in every match he's in. This will lead to Joe snapping and going on a rampage, possibly being one of the four people in the BFG Series final. Morgan's gone so here's a spot for a big guy.

I think Daniels is asking for a rematch. Daniels didn't seem at peace when he lost to AJ and was damn sure close to knocking him out on his ass after the match but they hugged it out.

My guess is that Daniels wants AJ and him to go at it one more time. At first it was about Destination X, but now when Daniels is asking for another match it becomes a contest and it's personal. I think AJ will refuse to give Daniels what he wants, what's done is done, but Daniels will give AJ a reason to face him - he'll turn on him and Fourtune.

This sets up AJ Styles vs Christopher Daniels at Bound for Glory, which essentially means that AJ won't win the BFG Series, which is a bummer.

Yeh a rematch seems the most likely option. Whenever I see two guys get too blatantly friendly I figure a match (with probable heel turn added of course) is in the pipeline. I'm presuming it's Daniels who would go heel, so maybe AJ refuses to give him a rematch which leads to Daniels costing AJ a chance in the BFG series, of which Daniels isn't even a part of.

While it is a bit sad that it could mean AJ doesn't get to the finals, does he really need to? Guy's the face of TNA/IW anyway and has many accomplishments to his name already, so having someone else take his place isn't too big a deal really!

Yeh a rematch seems the most likely option. Whenever I see two guys get too blatantly friendly I figure a match (with probable heel turn added of course) is in the pipeline. I'm presuming it's Daniels who would go heel, so maybe AJ refuses to give him a rematch which leads to Daniels costing AJ a chance in the BFG series, of which Daniels isn't even a part of.

While it is a bit sad that it could mean AJ doesn't get to the finals, does he really need to? Guy's the face of TNA/IW anyway and has many accomplishments to his name already, so having someone else take his place isn't too big a deal really!
Wouldn't it be a big fucking swerve if AJ turns heel instead of Daniels? Just a playful thought.

And yeah, AJ doesn't need to win the BFG series. The general opinion among the IWC is that unless you're in the Main Event holding a belt you're being misused. Especially if your name is AJ Styles. I say as long as you're on the fucking show, involved in SOMETHING and having great matches there's zero reason for anyone to moan.

Sure, you can root for your guy to make it to the top (which I am), but shitting on TNA and blaming them for this and that and calling them names just because your favorite wrestler isn't wiping his ass with the roster is so silly.

I'm excited for a possible AJ/Daniels feud. I started watching in late late 2009 when they were feuding and it's the first thing that caught my attention. I wasn't watching as much as I am right now and I know I missed out on some awesome stuff so I'm hoping they'll deliver this time in a full fledged heel vs face scenario. Should be great.

Wouldn't it be a big fucking swerve if AJ turns heel instead of Daniels? Just a playful thought.

Swerve doesn't always equate to good. In fact, most times it doesn't. That would be an atrocious idea as the heel run of Styles was awful and basically rendered him irrelevant by the end of it. He was a freakin stooge in Immortal and the only thing to save him was Nash and Booker T's refusal to come back.

And yeah, AJ doesn't need to win the BFG series. The general opinion among the IWC is that unless you're in the Main Event holding a belt you're being misused. Especially if your name is AJ Styles. I say as long as you're on the fucking show, involved in SOMETHING and having great matches there's zero reason for anyone to moan.

You said later in this post that you only started watching TNA in late 2009, right? Well, at that time, AJ Styles was champion. He got the title for the first time in years, having been put over by Sting at Bound For Glory in an ultimate sign of respect. This was the time to make AJ the absolute face of TNA. He had been there forever, the fans love him, he's good looking and charismatic, so naturally when Hogan and Bischoff sign, they take a big, steamy dump all over the years of work put into AJ Styles. You can say that him being on the show means he's not being misused, but I call bullshit. This is a guy peopled wanted to get behind, but in 18 months he went from THE babyface champion on the roster to heel champion that was a Flair clone, to lead wrestler of a cool heel group that couldn't beat some washed up, fat, ECW hacks, to lackey for Immortal in the midcard, to turning on Immortal and looking awesome for like, a day, to now simply another guy there. You say AJ is your favorite? You think this is a good role for him? I disagree. Now, I do agree that he doesn't have to win the BFG series, but it would be nice. Thing is, if he does win and then wins at BFG over Angle or something, well.........THEY DID THAT ALREADY! It would be hard to put him over as the top guy when it was already done and he was shit on after that. So it would be nice, but why waste their time. I don't think winning it will help repair him at this point.

Sure, you can root for your guy to make it to the top (which I am), but shitting on TNA and blaming them for this and that and calling them names just because your favorite wrestler isn't wiping his ass with the roster is so silly.

Again, he was already at the top. Hell, he was the fucking tip top of the mountain until this "new regime". You can say all you want about who to blame and who not to blame, but if anyone got the shit treatment more in this new regime, I'd like to know who? AJ Styles shouldn't need to be put over as the company's top face because it already happened and it was done in spectacular fashion. I highly recommend watching BFG 2009. That was his shining moment and the one that should have propelled him into being the top star of the company for a long time. Now, it's simply a forgotten moment. It's a shame, really. So yea, you can continue to defend management all you like, but I don't know why you do. The treatment of your favorite wrestler has been terrible and you'd know that if you saw how he was treated BEFORE this new regime came in.

I'm excited for a possible AJ/Daniels feud. I started watching in late late 2009 when they were feuding and it's the first thing that caught my attention. I wasn't watching as much as I am right now and I know I missed out on some awesome stuff so I'm hoping they'll deliver this time in a full fledged heel vs face scenario. Should be great.

Except that the late 2009 feud meant something. AJ was champ and Daniels felt that his career didn't match up (he was right). Now though, their careers are at the same place. Both are in Fortune and both are basically irrelevant in the bigger picture. At that time, Daniels had every right to be jealous of AJ but now? No reason whatsoever. That's why I'm not excited about an AJ/Daniels feud. I know the matches would be good, because how could they not be, but why should I care about a feud? Now, if AJ was in the final 4 match and Daniels screwed him there and used the fact that he wasn't in the series as reasoning, then MAYBE I could get behind it. Face it though, Styles is just another guy these days and not the golden boy he was when you first started watching. Those were good times and I wish you had seen more of them. If you had, maybe then you'd understand some of the gripes people have with this new regime, mainly that someone like Styles, who was considered the biggest star and was put over to be the guy in the best way possible, has been devalued quite a bit in 18 or so months.

JJYanks121 - Sorry but I can't agree with what you're saying. I've been watching TNA since BFG 08 and AJ has always been my favourite. But since the new regime has taken over there's literally a dozen guys that I would now consider as favourites. Surely that's better for me as a fan? Rather than just having one guy to get behind, I have now have plenty of wrestlers I can root for.

Look at WWE for instance, if you're not a John Cena fan you're petty much stuffed. I wouldn't like for TNA to be like that. What if you're not an AJ Styles fan? At least with the way TNA is now, you have plenty of other guys to get behind and become a fan of. For me that works better. Giving the fans a choice of who to get behind, rather than choosing for them.

I think it's definitely Daniels asking for his rematch, as someone else said he didn't look too happy after AJ beat him. I can see this leading to a rematch and then AJ wins the match again and then Daniels attacks him leading to yet another Daniels Vs AJ feud. I hope this doesn't happen because we've seen it before and it wasn't that good then but I can see it happening.

ive been wondering about this sense impact this week when basically daniels screws aj out of beating devon (still dont get why devon is in the BFG series :banghead:) but ill be surprised if christopher daniels doesnt turn heel and screw fortune against immortal at hardcore justice...i just hope IF he turns heel he doesnt join immortal it seems every heel male in that company is either part of immortal currently or has been in immortal at some point (minus hernadez's child molester looking side kick :lol:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back