Abyss is going Red and Yellow. You watch...

This is just my opinion of the story. What there doin is the old "Secret Ingredient" storyline. Hogan tells Abyss that the ring has "special powers" and it boosts his esteem. Later tells him that its just a regular ring and that he had the "special powers all along, bringing back the feared and dominating abyss. ahh the good ol' days.

Jebus

i dont think that is where they are headed with abyss... least i really hope not... esp given the way they ragged on Jay Lethal for using macho's gimmick (and at least he's great at it). Abyss has potential but he needs to be like old school Kane... no talking and leave it all in the ring... he needs a mouthpiece like james mitchell again... i don't see why a wrestler having a mouthpiece is such a bad thing these days, it brought so many guys to levels they would have never been otherwise. This whole superpower thing is stupid

If TNA is trying to turn Abyss into an "Unstoppable Force", then it's like WWE trying to make Kane the biggest, baddest monster around. It just isn't believable in my opinion to have a Monster character destroy people for a while and make it like he can't be stopped until the hero arises to defeat him, then have him be beaten by guys smaller than him. It makes the character seem weak and not "Unstoppable".

Sadly, Abyss has been beat down so many times before it's not even funny. He had a passable feud with Mitchell and Mesias, had a forgettable team-up with Matt Morgan, had an OK feud with Stevie Richards, and then dons the "Michael Meyers" jacket and acts like a ******ed child AKA Eugene. Now he's being Allied with Hulk? OK. There are plenty of people that deserve a Hogan rub and why Abyss got it I don't know. Now Hogan gives Abyss his HoF ring? To what avail?!

If he turns into a "mini-Hulk", then I hope (and am sure) it will be for a very short time. Trying to revive him as the "Unstoppable Abyss" is ridiculous as stated above, and this feud that may happen with Styles, while it may be deemed passable, could tumble downhill and crash.

OK I have sat here and listened to the masses so here is my two cents on what has been said so far.

First Joe is an outstanding wrestler while his shape isn't all that desirable have you ever seen a close to 300 pounder fly like Joe has? Have you ever watched Joe and AJ get it on? There is a reason why his matches are always on the best of DVDs, and its not cause someone carried his ass through the match, and yes while his gimmick is stale his contributions are undeniable in TNA...

As Far as TNA goes with Abyss There are a number of directions they can go with the Abyss gimmick right now and that is what they are trying to do is make you guess where they are going from here it makes you want to tune in its the same thing with Jarrett flipping burgers and put Foley in a suit there making you tune in to figure it out, there making us type what are they going to do with Abyss, as long as your talking about it they know they are doing their job.

Abyss is honestly going to get another new look which would make him go from the Monster look to the Asylum look to the Foley look to ????? maybe he will go backwards and go back to his original look or maybe they will change the mask, honestly I could see them putting Abyss in all Red not neccessarily Red and Yellow like maybe an All Red Jumpsuit thing with Abyss written in yellow if they went that way. I don't see the mask coming off or they would've done it already when Bischoff had the chance and then have Abyss coward down to everyone and then have Hogan step up to rebuild him.

Really we won't know until the time comes but I definitely say that hopefully Hogan/Bischoff and Russo don't disappoint.

Well, he already looks like a foley tribute act anyway, but I hope not. Hed become TNA's version of Eugene, if he does that then itd prove hogan is a mark for himself and Abyss would most likely start using a bit of Hogans moveset.
Abyss(/'Creative') needs to:
a)lose some weight
b)not be neurotic with more badarse aspects
c)get his own look

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo