• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Possible feud between Samoa Joe and Abyss (Feud suggestion)

GenMe

GenMe
Ok so i was just reading the Abyss thread that they are possibly looking at making him unstoppable with a new gimmick. So this got me thinking. Last week, they kidnapped Samoa Joe. And we all think that Eric was behind that. Then in the same week, Hogan gives Abyss the (power) of the ring. Doesn't this feel a little weird?

Is it possible that maybe Joe will also return with an unstoppable gimmick: A tank that can't be taken down. And he might be "brainwashed" by Eric. We all know that Hogan will be Abyss's mentor. Will Eric be Joe's mentor? And will they have a story line between Joe and Abyss? Could it be a major feud in the making?

This could happen: While Eric is cutting a promo Abyss comes out and he starts going off on Eric He beat the shit out of him, until we hear Joe's theme song. He comes out with a new looks and he gets in the ring to save Eric. Joe starts beating the shit out of Abyss. He leave him on the floor bleeding. Eric gets up and he say's TNA, say hello to the New Joe.

What do you think? Will this be a good feud?

Could this actually happen?

Also i don't read spoilers, so I really don't know what might be going on in the next weeks for TNA..

Good to know i'm not the only one thinking this kind of storyline. Because i sense there will be some kind of power struggle between Eric and Hogan. So they might do this unstoppable force against immovable object type of storyline. Don't know what's going to happen but i'm hoping something like this.

Funny you should start this thread, I posted something similar in the "abyss as an invincible force" thread...at least the idea of Joe vs. Abyss somewhere down the line in a "franchise vs. franchise" type match. I thought the exact same thing...Abyss being an "invincible force", and Joe with his previous streak. It seems like those two are turning back into their old selves again, which could inevitably lead back to a major feud. Possibly the main-event for BFG 2010.

I didn't think about Joe possibly being mentored by Eric, that adds a whole extra stipulation to the equation. Obviously Eric (his on-screen character, at least) has his hand in the storyline for both guys. Good thread topic.

Where do you think AJ and Flair fit in here? A possible three-way dance? This could be a really cool idea, or it could fail miserably, but all in all I'd like to see it go down.

Yeah, I really like the idea.

It seems they're going the path of having Abyss mentored by Hogan, and Joe by Bischoff. I fully expect them to reveal it was Bischoff's guys who kidnapped Joe in the parking lot. The rationale will be that Joe can't conrol his temper and costs himself matches as result, and Bischoff wants to show him "tough love."

So the direction they need to go is this. I know it's been done before, but you have Joe with Eric in his corner, and Abyss with Hogan in his corner. They're already teasing the Hogan/Bischoff split, so why not? Bischoff and Hogan have both shown they can bring out the best in guys, as long as they stay out of the ring with them.

Samoa Joe was once a "invincible force" within TNA, as his long winning streak shows, until he lost to Angle. Even in his title reign, theyve done a great job of burying ne of the best performers in their company.

So set up a match for "control of the company", with Abyss and Joe being the representatives of the two men. I think it could make for a great feud, a good match, and could help restore credibility to two men who sorely need it.

After all, it can't get much worse for either in their present state, can it? When the last time you heard the "Joe is gonna killl you chants?" They used to be present every time the guy hit the ring. Now, they're barely noticeable. So they can now create two unstobable forces through this feud, and both characters, win or loss, should come out looking the better due to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back