Abyss as an invincible force.

bcg60

Dark Match Winner
ProWrestling.net is reporting that TNA is in the process of changing the Abyss character on TV. It's being said that during the course of his program with Hulk Hogan, Abyss' character will lose a lot of the neurotic aspects of his character and eventually emerge as an invincible force in TNA.

About time, he looks like a god damn tank, and he should be treated as one. I, for one am overjoyed at the thought of Abyss as what he was with James Mitchell.

Maybe an Abyss and Samoa Joe tag team is in the works, with the whole Eric Bischoff being pissed off @ Joe for not showing "Samoan pride".

I'd love to see the tag team, maybe with a feud against Dr.Stevie and Raven, ending in a Ravens House of Fun match.

What do you think?

Abyss is getting the push that I thought Matt Morgan would get. Hogan likes the big strong guys, and Morgan seems like the prototypical guy. However, Hogan might see something in Abyss that others don't. Abyss has the size, no doubt, but Abyss also is known as Abyss, a character, something that Hogan thrives in.. A guy like Morgan or Hernandez are simply muscle at this point.

I'm a big fan of the Super Heavyweights, so Abyss getting a push would be amazing. I enjoyed the evil Mankind/Monster Abyss, but if he's going to get the Hogan push, I'm all for it.

I think that the problem with this is that the TNA fanbase is built up more on the Smarks and IWC that more than likely will shit all over this. Not saying that it can't work, or that it won't work, I just doubt that it will.

If it proves to work, and it makes TNA a better product, I'd be all for it. As much as I dislike TNA, I want to see it succeed.

Interesting... I'm intrigued to see where TNA goes with Abyss if they're going in this direction. It was said earlier, I also thought Matt Morgan would be the one put in this role but I'm not complaining. Abyss's character severely needed some serious revamping and this is the perfect direction to go.

I'm all for this as well. I loved Abyss when he truly was a "monster". If pushed correctly and they turn his character back into the monster that we all use to love and enjoy, or even something damn near close to that, then Abyss is going to be a force to be reckoned within TNA.

Abyss also is known as Abyss, a character, something that Hogan thrives in

This is also another reason why I'm all for this. Wrestlers having character seems to be a lost art. Abyss has had a character this whole time, and is why I enjoy watching Abyss. Abyss deserves this "over-haul" and push.

Hopefully, we will be seeing a lot more of the TNA roster developing some character.

I'm looking forward to this, I loved Abyss during the early years of TNA, he was always such a great force to be reckoned with. I can't wait to see if they bring him back that way, I really didn't like the Abyss we all saw last year and such, the wimpy type that nearly anyone could beat, and always got upset.

Although what I don't like is the whole invincible force thing, is that why Hogan is helping him, so he can be more like Hogan, same what Ric is doing with AJ Styles.

But other then that I like the idea and can't wait for the invincible Abyss to return!

my only concern here is that this means Abyss becomes TNA's Hulkamania...I'm all for giving him the character he deserves (he has been one of the hardest working men in TNA for a long time, doing whatever he is asked), but if they make him an unstoppable force, it will be hard to drop the character and/or allow for others (Pope, Wolfe, Morgan, ect.) to get into the title picture. No doubt Hogan will want to throw the strap on Abyss and be his "coach"...will be interesting to see how this plays out leading up to the March 8th. Live match with Hogan and Flair (as reported on Wrestlezone)

How weird, it seems as if Hogan can't own the show so he is going to push someone to do it as his representative. I hope he isn't given a monopoly on the TNA World Heavyweight Title as people on here will explode! haha

I am thankful he is becoming a monster again because the past year has just been a big wimp in a mask. Like Eric Young with long hair seriously. He is a joke considering what he came from to where he ended up. Unlike Kane who modified his mask and eventually took it off to communicate his character better, Abyss turned into a little girl.

This is a long time coming and as with everything almost in TNA is the start of something awesome.

I only hope he doesn't do to Abyss what he did to Evad (Dave) Sullivan. That was by far an embarrassment that Hogan should have been ashamed of for ever suggesting.

Just as a refresher, listen to the theme. Sullivan came out to this for a couple months, but eventually broke from associating with Hogan and the lyrics were taken out (thank goodness). You may notice how similar it is to Owen Hart's, as well.

[YOUTUBE]ypHEk1YKldU[/YOUTUBE]

I want to see Abyss go back to being a Heel and the monster he used to be. I only hope that this thing with Hogan gives him the "confidence" he needs to become a monster again, but that he also takes it to the next level by reminding himself of what he was and turning Heel.

At this point, maybe TNA would consider bringing James Mitchell back to guide the career of Abyss. Those two together were a wonderful pair that complimented each other. I feel that this is the Abyss everyone wants to see. I would also give the man a new theme, as this one is just too comical for a character like that (assuming he becomes a monster, again).

Well I hope that this new gimmick won't turn Abyss' character more "over the top" and "cartoonish" than it already is. Abyss has been the '98-'02 Kane of TNA: A little kid trapped inside a big man's body, the lovable giant teddy bear...MY GOD I was so sick of that.

If him becoming this "Invincible Force" is going to turn Abyss into "The Monster" Abyss when he was with James Mitchell, so be it. I'm all in.

By the way, bring James Mitchell back!!

This should be good. I envy for the old Abyss, the monster Abyss, the scary SOB he once was.

The Hogan/Abyss segment to me was kinda like Hogan saying "Hey brother! No more of this wussy, scaredy cat stuff!" By telling him to stop being a Coward and all that stuff he was really saying "Bring back the badass SOB you once were, TNA needs that, they need the Old Abyss, brother!"

Hopefully thats where it goes. I wouldnt want him to be in a tag team or continue that Fued with Raven and Richards any longer.

bcg60: I thought the same thing you did when I initially read that post, which was that the Samoa Joe kidnapping might somehow play a role in the new direction Abyss will be taking...but I thought about it differently.

Obviously, TNA is going to give Abyss a "monster" (haha) push. If you sideline Joe while this is going on, it sets up a great idea for a feud when Joe returns. If Joe also reverts to the "invincible force" HE once was, we could be seeing the seeds being planted for a "franchise vs. franchise"-type match for BFG 2010.

Whether or not Joe will play a role in Abyss' "rebirth", I can't wait to see Abyss be a bad-ass again. Like many others in the IWC, I loved the old monster with James Mitchell...and I'm not very impressed by the medicated, "stable" Chris Parks wearing a mask with Foley's flannel.

Like others have posted, I'd love to see Mitchell come back to manage Abyss again. We all remember that Mitchell played the part perfectly, and hopefully the TNA creative team will remember that as well.

Maybe after Hogan takes Abyss under his wing, he could turn on Hogan after a while by aligning himself with Mitchell Again. That angle would work fantastically with Hogan as a face or a heel. I can see it now, Mitchell trying to lure him back for weeks (or months!)...the audience would eat that shit up with a spoon, and would keep fans captivated as to who Abyss will turn to.

This is good for Abyss its about time that he starts to get a major push again, This is the Abyss that have wanted to see since a long as time. And hopefully he turn heel again and destroyeds the living shit out of Eric and all his guys, I just cant wait until this thurdays to see what will happend. I just want to see a new and improve Abyss.and hopefully he starts feuding with more great stars in TNA, Maybe with Jeff Hardy again.

I think this push could be exactly what Abyss needs. His character has been a little annoying recently, and I'm all for this change at the moment since it's being said that he will lose the neurotic aspects of his character. Seeing him as an invincible force could be pretty cool. He could be main eventing full time and this push just might get him there because being TNA's "the invincible force" sounds a lot more believable as a world title contender than the strange character has has been for over a year now. I just hope they don't mess up with this and try to turn him into something he's not, like that whole situation of Styles slowly turning into a clone of Flair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back