Where Do Abyss and Joe Fit the Picture?

FitFinlay4Life

What's the craic?
Abyss and Samoa Joe have been missing from Impact in missing weeks but both had prominent positions in regards to the WHC and MVP at the times of their departure.

Samoa Joe had been getting positioned to be a strong candidate to usurp Magnus as WHC but kept getting screwed... in fact, looking back, maybe MVP WAS going out of his way to stack the odds against the Samoan Submission Machine because he favored taking on an EY or Magnus?

Abyss had also been positioned in the title picture and his relationships with EY and Magnus had been major storyline drivers. Whether he returns to feud with Magnus and Bram or, as was hinted prior to his current absence, to support Eric is the big question here. I wonder if Lashley's "Monsta" t-shirt from last week might raise the hackles of "the Monster"?

So what do y'all think my TNA brethren, how will these two potential TNA HoFers return?

Let me be the first to say I'm not a fan of EY being champion at all. I like the guy, he's funny, but I just can't see him as a world champion. In a fake sport, you need to make it believable. And with EY as champ, well it gets no more unbelievable then that. And do not compare this to Daniel Bryan. Bryan's move set and the fact he never had a gimmick as silly and dumb as EY once had makes it all the worse for EY. Now if Santino became WWE World champ then we can start talking about similarities.

The fact Samoa Joe didn't win the world title against Magnus really got under my skin. TNA is filled with top talent with Joe being one of the leaders. If he were to come back, turn on EY and become champion it'd be bittersweet but still sweet.

I'm struggling to think of a way for Abyss to be brought back to TNA to be honest. The amount of times he has left and returned is getting ridiculous now, and he seems less and less entertaining on every occasion. For me, the only way I really want to see him back on TV is with Father James Mitchell as his manager again. Why TNA ever got rid of Mitchell is beyond me, he's one of the best managers I've ever seen and perfect for Abyss. I know that isn't going to happen though.

For Joe, he needs to come back asap. I'd like to see MVP take the title off Eric Young (there's no way EY should be a long-term champion), and then Samoa Joe returns to challenge MVP for the gold. Joe should be the guy to beat MVP for the belt, he seemed to be getting back to his best over the last few months against Magnus so I'd definitely like to see him back in the main event picture on his return, to sort out his unfinished business with MVP who seemed to be stacking the deck against him.

I'm not a big fan of EY being Champion either, it looks as if the World Title is getting passed around to everyone.

Anderson, Willow Hardy, Kurt Angle, Bully Ray, Austin Aries, Samoa Joe, MVP, Bobby Roode, James Storm, Bobby Lashley, Abyss. TNA is stacked with main-event talent, maybe too much.

They've got Gunner, Magnus, ECIII, EY, who for me are a bit behind the guys above & then the rest.

Samoa Joe looks like he's just going through the motions when I watch him, if only we could see the Joe from a few years back.

Abyss, even though I put him as a main-event talent above, I think that's near it's end, he's still valuable but maybe not as a World Champ.

if MVP is fit for Slamiversey I would want him to Beat Eric Young Clean, then defend against Joe Clean win too.
Then more title defenses with interference from king or lashley, MVP will so built up, it will be so dam good when a face takes the belt back.
Bobby Roode is the man for it.

Abyss, I don't know maybe Tag Team with someone Willow ?
Could be quite a busy Tag Team division

Bromans
Menagierie
Sanada/Tigre Uno
The Wolves
Gunner/Mr Anderson
Willow/Abyss ?

overkill ?

Joe is hugely over, and great in the ring. He will be a top draw again when he comes back.

Abyss on the other hand has not been over with fans since his with James Mitchell. He is only good in hardcore matches really, and with the new no blood policy, there really is no way of putting on the types of matches he is best at. He will be kept for awhile, but eventually, he will be released to make room for a more marketable and usable talent.

They both seem to have been absorbed into the latest faction feud. MVP has formed Beat down clan and they have claimed the x division belt. James Storm has formed the revolution and holds the tag belts. If the formula is the same as previous factions both groups will be after the others belts. The only thing i cant see is if the HWC belt will be claimed by either, as it stands Lashly has it and has broken links to MVP I cant see him joining James Storm and there is limited options in both groups to take HWC and they overlap with tag belt holders and potential holders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back