A tale of heartache and history.

FromTheSouth

You don't want it with me.
Well, I am, once again, newly single. Six months with the girl, three months of it's being intense, and it's over. Irreconcilable differences would be the way the divorce papers would read. I decided today that a change is always a good thing, so I shaved my beard. That wasn't enough for me though. I've missed a couple of you and thought nothing of the rest, but I feel like I owe you all my story.

Every mod, when they leave the staff, seems to post their history somewhere in these forums, and this place shall be the canvas on which I paint my portrait.

I started on these forums after The Online Onslaught closed. I used that site mostly for flaming, but rose to a bit of a position of prominence in a debate over whether tombstoning Vickie Guerrero should be considered an endorsement of violence against women. My argument was that Vickie was a fully empowered woman making her own decisions. Well, anyway, the forums closed, I never got to finish the debate. In the wake of that disappointment, I searched for a new forum, and the first one to pop us was WZ. I decided to give it a try.

On my first night, CM infracted me twice for spamming on posts that would not even generate a second glance from the mods under the current rules. I then decided that reading the rules would be a better idea than flaming the staff to hell. As time progressed I made some e-friends. The first people I conversed with were KB, Becca, and TM. The first people I looked up to were IC and Shocky. I grew to view these forums as one big fucked family and got sucked into all the side drama, bickering, and intelligent discourse that this site offers. I feel that my first big splash was in the original incarnation of the WZ Debate League. I debated KB over some bullshit, think I won and suddenly, people took notice.

After this, I went through a barfly phase. NorCal and I began to be friends in his thread. NorCal was the first poster on this site that reminded me of me, an alpha male with little emotion, no filter, and a love of vagina. Over time, a couple of other posters, notably Gunnz, Brahma, IC and D-Man joined that group.

Almost from the beginning I was sucked into Chit Chat (now the Cigar Lounge.) My long, rambling, right wing posts garnered me some attention. It was as if I was a new voice. This is also where I met my first nemesis, Mr. Eko. At first I hated him. His leftist views made me sick. My fascism made him want to murder me. We flamed the shit out of each other. And, this was not flaming like when everyone calls Zero the fifteenth an idiot. These were death wishes. Well, X disappeared and by that time, I had conquered Chit Chat. Beyond Becca, who was the mod, that was my section. I created the action, made the threads, and destroyed anyone who debated me. Soon after, X came back, and for whatever reason, hatred turned to respect. After that, we found common ground in our love of illicit narcotics, and became friends. He is still someone who I value greatly as a voice of reason in my reactionary mind.

This is also about the time that MSNgate happened. For those of you who don't know, TM tried to start a cabal of posters who would rep each other over and over in the hopes that our increased rep would make us mods. I thought this was a terrible idea, but I liked the rep, so I kept quiet. If there was a way to look back, I was getting rep 10 to 1 in relation to how I was giving it to the group. This is how rep got so inflated and why I got 25,000 rep points in two years, and why it takes you guys 12 posts to get 25 points.

Not surprisingly, the shit hit the fan, and sides had to be chosen. There has been much debate over time about how the plan got leaked to the staff, but I can explain it. I was in line for the Chit Chat (Cigar Lounge) mod spot. In an effort to prove my worthiness, I increased my posting volume and dedication to the site. In the interest of maintaining the credibility of the site, I spilled the beans. There was an idea of what was going, but I did, in fact divulge the plot. It was a ludicrous idea in the first place, and frankly, I was annoyed by the way shit posts were getting repped in the bar room, and my well thought out posts about ending the brandsplit weren't getting noticed. At this point, I had had enough, and when KB asked me if I knew anything, I cried like the patsy in a bad mob movie.

Soon after that, I released this gem of a post:

Exile me from the IWC

That post was enough to win over the admins, and then I was modded.

To be continued.....

FTS, buddy, I'm sorry to hear it man. I know you were always there for me in my time of need, bud. You need me for anything, please let me know. I'm sorry to hear it man, and am always to chat if you need it.

Also, I'm interested to see the history to come, man

And now I know the rest of the story. This should be interesting.

Also, sorry about the girl, man :( Hope things get better.

Riveting stuff, FTS. No lie. It is rare that I actually read through an entire post but, yours always get my attention. I am very interested in what comes next. And, FTS, sorry about the personal life problems, I offer my E-ear to anything that needs to be said.

On my first night, CM infracted me twice for spamming on posts that would not even generate a second glance from the mods under the current rules.

Can you possibly elaborate on this? Like, what the rules were back then.

OK, well, I am not going to vent my girl problems on here. Thanks though. The time as mod is far more riveting. Wait until we get to my take on Sid.

OK, well, I am not going to vent my girl problems on here. Thanks though. The time as mod is far more riveting. Wait until we get to my take on Sid.

Oooh..... I can't wait for that. wil we get boardroom dialogues?

I hope that you either have positive things to say about me or nothing at all.

And I've seen some of the Board Room dialogues. They're...intense. :lmao:

We should make a documentary on all of the WZ posters, such as FTS, IC, Becca, Doc, NorCal, and the likes.

I am very curious about the Sid stuff actually. I also wonder if there will be any mention of our first interaction, if you remember that at all, because I do.

My memoirs would be...interesting...

But never mind that shit, this is FTS' time.

FTS, I have only been a member for a little while, but before I joined I was on here a lot. I've read some of your old posts and I think you're really good. Welcome back.

My memoir would be like that of a crack****e who dies. Very gross, many stories of sex, drug abuse, and life on the streets. Just kidding, could you imagine?
On a more serious note, I'm sorry to hear that FTS.

FTS! Good to see you back, just not on the premise of a breakup. Either way I'm glad to see you back and I will tell you that you were one of the first people (that I can recall) that gave me a nudge as in liking me as a poster and that meant a lot to me and I appreciate it deeply. Can't wait for the rest of the memoirs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back