A plan for Raw, Smackdown, and NXT

Heartbreak_Kid_707

Championship Contender
Okay, this is gonna sound sstupid but with the ever changing roster. Here's how I would set it up.

Raw starts off with VKM on one side of stage, HHH and Steph on the other side. Then surprise music hits and Shane come out. Then call out to every wrestler they have on payroll from all 3 shows. Then do a fair draft. Start with a clean slate.

Do the same with the announcing team.

VKM takes his picks to Raw, HHH to Nxt, and Stephen to smackdown..

Risky but I bet it would get rating!!!!

Yea sorry bout that. Everybody claims their tired of the same matches. So shake it all up. Let vKM run rawwww, HHH run nxt, a and Shane on smackdown.

Let every single wresssslter be a free agent. Vince a pick, HHH a pick, and Shane a pick...keep going in line till their lol gone. Shake up hole system. Whoever you pick wrestles on your show only.

it a network special. Help any?

What about ongoing story lines? For example Roman Reigns now being the number one contender and what if he gets put on Smackdown and Rollins stays on RAW? Same with factions like New Day and the Wyatts. What if they all get picked for different shows?

God forbid, what if someone like Baron Corbin is put on RAW and Cesaro on NXT? You haven't really thought this out very well. There will be no brand split which is what you are trying to suggest. NXT is the other brand and it's a development roster. You can't have someone like Cena or Orton going to NXT and Big Cass and Enzio taking their places on the main roster.

What about ongoing story lines?

Yes, that's the big problem with this idea. While I admit that starting completely over is compelling in some ways, a large part of the audience would probably hate the idea......just as they hate most everything WWE tries, even as they clamor for new ideas......and WWE's fear might be that many of them will turn off to the product even before giving the new system a chance.

Also, since there is no longer a brand split, the notion of drafting even just a few people at a time has lost it's luster. We see the same performers on Smackdown as we do on Raw.......and NXT is a different concept altogether, one they should be loathe to shake up too much..

I would like the idea if NXT wasn't a developmental brand. Anyway, I think Raw should center around WWEWHC/US belts and Smackdown should center around the IC belt. Both brands carry should have Divas and Tag belts. In other words, Rollins should be the main event mostly while Del Rio should still hold the open challenges on Raw. On Smackdown, Owens should be the main event and defending his belt on the show as well.

It'd pop ratings for a while and there's a possibility that it could catch on. The single biggest problem, in my opinion anyhow, is that Vince McMahon makes THE final creative calls for the main roster and it's become an unofficial consensus among a good deal of fans, writers, wrestlers and various insiders that Vince is behind the times and out of touch with the mind set of modern fans. That's quite possibly THE chief reason NXT's praises continue to be sung from sea to shining sea; there are others, of course, but I think that's by far the biggest one.

The only way some sort of draft works is if those who're placed in charge of each brand have the authority to make the final creative decisions. I simply don't see that happening because Vince McMahon is too much of a control freak; he feels he has to micromanage everything that goes on and freaks out if anything happens that doesn't fit with his master plan even if it's an accident that's not really even anyone's fault.

As for NXT, there are several reasons why it works ranging from consistently logical, easy to identify with booking, great wrestling, interesting wrestlers, etc. However, it's also genuinely a separate brand from the main roster and the primary reason why it's separate is because Vince doesn't make the final creative calls; now he could if he wanted to, but he doesn't as he's allowed WWE's developmental program to be Triple H's baby. Hence, NXT has a different atmosphere in that many view it as what WWE ultimately could be with Triple H having the final creative authority. I don't know for sure, nobody could unless it actually happened, but I for one have seen nothing take place in NXT that can't be duplicated on the main roster. The moment you take NXT and put it in Vince's hands, however, it stops being the NXT people have come to love and becomes another extension of Vince McMahon's authority; you can bet there'd be a good deal of changes in the NXT format, particularly there'd be a good deal more of the "sports entertainment" aspect and Vince's sometimes illogical booking choices where he changes his mind right smack in the middle of things without giving a damn how continuity is affected.

Yea sorry bout that. Everybody claims their tired of the same matches. So shake it all up. Let vKM run rawwww, HHH run nxt, a and Shane on smackdown.

Let every single wresssslter be a free agent. Vince a pick, HHH a pick, and Shane a pick...keep going in line till their lol gone. Shake up hole system. Whoever you pick wrestles on your show only.

it a network special. Help any?

I agree that a draft would do a nice rating. But what then? You now have smaller rosters for Raw and SD and have decreased the amount of top talent on those shows. You have less time to fill per roster since but if you are looking for more variety you are only going to get it by dipping deeper in you roster and putting Zack Ryder, Fandango, and Adam Rose in matches more often. That is not what I call a solution.

Plus now you stretch your creative staff to write a whole discontinuous show. Isn't creative stretched enough as it is? The brands are fine as it is.

Plus now that NXT is getting a third of the top talent it means it completely loses its identity.

And will you be able to fill televised houses if you strip out more talent?

And don't forget, Shane may not want to come back.

And does Vince want to represent a brand? He barely shows up as it is nowadays.

I'm sure if this made sense for WWE they would be doing it.

I think Smackdown as a weekly TV show just ran it's course and this is time to move on, RAW is 3 hours and this is enough to showcase whatever WWE wants to.
The draft will not work until John Cena will be drafted to Smackdown, which i highly doubt.

NXT involved in a draft just won't work. The whole concept of NXT revolves around building future stars and veterans who have never been in WWE like Samoa Joe, Finn Balor, Hideo, Owens, etc.

I do think a Raw and Smackdown draft can work. Maybe not at the moment, but in the near future. Bring back the world title, women's title, and world tag team titles (the belts from the late 80's till 2001 were the best design). The current roster has a very stacked mid card and a lot of guys not anything big like Ziggler, Rusev, Barrett, Swagger, even Fandango can play a bigger role lol. A lot of top guys like Ambrose weren't even on the last PPV.

They have enough talent to fill two tag team and diva's divisions. What are the Primetime Players and Lucha Dragons doing besides jobbing. Both teams can carry gold. Sheamus and Barrett are teaming, the Usos are coming back, Rowan and Harper are together again, Los Matodores are getting new characters (again). Rhyno and Corbin can either team again or chase the IC or US titles when they get called up. So many possibilities to give pushes and build talent with two rosters. As far as women, Becky, Sasha, and Natalya are currently lost in the mix. I know they're not losing popularity any time soon, but they're ready to be featured, instead they are taking a backseat to Charlotte, Paige, and Nikki. What happens when Baylee and Asuka get called up? Two rosters will help give more opportunities for these performers to shine.

As far as main-eventers, longer and drawn out feuds can help until midcard guys are ready. I'm sure guys like Owens, Cesaro, Ziggler, Rusev can all challenge for a world title if given the push and direction character wise. Imagine Champion Rollins vs. Ziggler feud on Smackdown for the big gold belt next year or Wyatt vs Balor (Demon version) for the WWE title on Raw. Samoa Joe can easily challenge for a world title when he joins the main roster. Even Bubba Ray proved he can carry a main event feud.

There may have to be a throwaway match on Raw featuring Smackdown stars as filler considering Raw will still have 3 hours. With the network, they can have 3 Raw and 3 Smackdown PPVs. 6 big PPVs: Rumble, WM, Money in the Bank, Summer Slam, Survivor series, and maybe a returning King of the Ring with a tournament featuring both rosters and a finals match between a Raw and Smackdown superstar. Have it at the end of the year.

But this is all fantasy talk. Having two rosters or not, it's creative and Vince that really have to get the ball rolling. They have the resources, roster size, and people waiting for an opportunity. There's just too much complacency and just plain last writing and story telling these days. So much talent with little to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back