A Changing of the Guard?

freaky107

Complete Awesomeness
First of all, I would like to mention that this is the first time I have visited this website in over a year, and I want to get back to posting regulary.

With that out of the way, I will get on with the topic; Is a changing of the guard due in WWE?

In other words, who do you think, if anyone, needs to step up and take the spotlight, and who needs to take a back seat for a while? Are there any current midcarders who deserve to be transitional World cahmps, or fully fledged main eventers? Are there any main eventers that should be dropped to the mid card?

It seems to me that this kind of thing is already taking place, a re-arranging of the card and it's linear booking. With people like The Miz being WWE champion and guys like Dolph Ziggler setting their sights on World Championship gold, and Cena ever so slightly stepping out of the spotlight, (although still a big part of the main event), is there anybody else who needs to step up or step down?

Well the people that need to step up have a lot to step up too! I mean HBK, Orton, Edge, Cena, Taker, HHH and so on...

So the people i am going with are these:

Christian: Seriously this dude needs a title match! Take the big one and carry the WWE for a while. We all know and believe that you can do it.

Ted Dibiase: This guy has loads of potential but he needs better mic skills and needs a lot of in ring work. Give him some chances against some high profile guys and let the best man win.

Kofi: Okay come on you flirted with the title once and never again! Get in there show your guts and do it.

Swagger: This guy went from champ to a dud in about 7 months. seriously get your act together and do something about that. WOW!!!!!

Chris Masters: Okay i love this guy, i loved him back when he was the masterpiece for real! But come on man, show your strength and stop looking like a pansy in the ring.

there are way more but i like those for now.

A lot of huge names in the WWE are either no longer with the company or probably won't be with the company very much longer. HBK & Batista are gone, The Undertaker's body is wearing out on him and he can't have much longer to go, Edge has said that he's gone after his current deal in WWE expires next year, I've heard similar talk about Rey Mysterio and his body is also starting to break down, Kane is almost 42 and it wouldn't surprise me to see him gone in a few years, The Big Show is still around but I see him being used primarily now to elevate younger talent as he's lost to Wade Barrett and I wouldn't be surprised to see him put over Ezekiel Jackson.

Off the top of my head, I think that Kofi Kingston is ready to move to the next level. Kingston's got the moves inside the ring, he has tons of action and his matches almost always feel fresh and just down right entertaining to watch. The few times he's talked on the mic, he's shown himself to be solid and I'm sure he can improve if given more opportunities.

I think that CM Punk is more than ready to be a consistent presence in the main event picture. Punk is one of the most overall entertaining pro wrestlers going today. He's great in the ring and the man's been solid gold on the mic for almost 2 years now. He's been a transitional World Champion on 3 occassions already and the guy's got the ability.

I'd have loved to see Christian elevated to the main event scene but I've come to accept that it's not gonna happen. Christian turned 37 this past October and while that's still young in the big picture of things but it doesn't tie in with the WWE's youth movement. Christian, in my opinion, had the talent in the ring and on the mic as well as tons of charisma but if he was going to be a main event player in the WWE, it would've happened by now.

Guys like Randy Orton & John Cena will always be main event level talent but I very much like the idea of them being more in the upper mid-card range. That's really where John Cena has been since this past summer and that looks to be where Randy Orton is going to be in his feud with CM Punk. They're still huge draws so they'll probably never be completely outside of the main event picture. The might not always be there exactly but they'll be lurking on the fringes. For instance, I highly doubt you'll ever see Orton or Orton in feuds for the United States Championship, even though I'd personally like to see it.

I wouldn't necessarily say that it is due. At least not yet, there's still a bit of time for some of the old guys to stick around. After all John Cena and Randy Orton still have years to come in the business, and sure that's only 2 of the old guards where as the rest probably has like 2-3 years at best. However, that is still more than enough to solidify the fact that we're not in a rush to make stars to take over from the old guard.

WWE has been doing pretty well at building guys like Sheamus, Wade Barrett, Dolph Ziggler and even John Morrison to the point where they would be considered somewhat ready to take over just in case, however it's not something that should be worried about until the time seems to truly be running out. And I doubt that guys like Triple H, Edge, Chris Jericho and even Kane doesn't have just a bit left to give up their sleeve. The Undertaker really seems to be the only one that is truly at a point where he could be considered to start giving up his spot at the top in WWE.

So, for now I'm gonna say no it's not time to change the guard. But it won't be very long until the time is due.

Well the man that needs to step up is John Morrison.In my oppinion John Morrison and The Miz are the two biggest up rising stars after Cena and Orton.They have everything that is necessary.Great workers,great talents and if the wwe keep pushing The Miz and give JoMo a push and they have a feud it will be great.Miz and JoMo can put a great match together and if Morrison improves his mic skills it will be awesome.And if that hapens after a whyle people will tallk about them the holl time.

Put it like this, Cena needs to take the biggest seat at the back of the bus. I'm tired of seeing his name plastered all over the main events, everywhere. I think these superstars need to step up to the mark a little more;

- Chris Masters, The guy has the potential to be one of the great heels the company has ever seen. Hell, now he could even be the biggest face.
- Kofi Kingston, His fued with Orton was legendary... but nobody acted upon it, so Kofi was left midcards again.
- Drew Mcintyre, Need i say more?
- Cody Rhodes, I would love to see Rhodes as a WHC in the near future, he just has to break free of midcard fueds and start barking with the bigger dogs.

There is a change among the top talent; I liken it to the 2003-05 mega shift in top talent

in 02 at the end of the attitude era: we had guys like Rock, BikerTaker, HHH, HBK, Angle and Austin in the main event; guys like Cena, JBL, Batista, Eddie and Benoit rose up to take their spots

by 2004/05: the Main Event talent was JBL, Cena, Batista, Orton (to an extent tho his first WHC reign flopped horribly), Edge, Eddie/Benoit (RIP) and guys like Orton, Mysterio, Kane, Jeff Hardy truly became main eventers; but here was the big problem: the other guys who were supposed to be Main Event at this time: Bobby Lashley, Kennedy, Brock Lesnar all left the company...this led to the frequent rematches in the Main Event and why we had Cena/Edge Cena/Orton and HHH/Orton and all that we saw...honestly it's a miracle that Cena/Batista only happened like 3-4 times during this time...

so yes: now in 2011 we're due for a changing of the guard; Cena and Orton will stay like HHH and Undertaker before them...and HBK/Batista/HHH/Edge/Kane/Undertaker will step aside and guys like Miz (sadly, I hate the guy), John Morrison, Sheamus, Ziggler, Barrett, Punk and others will step into the picture

It's just the cycle of the business; and we're seeing the next generation step in...and 4-5 years from now

We will see Cena, Orton, Barrett and Punk step aside...and someone completely new take over...probably someone we haven't even seen debut yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back