White Zombie vs Hootie and the Blowfish

• White Zombie

• Hootie and the Blowfish

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
1st Round 90's Region Match

White Zombie vs Hootie and the Blowfish

Please take into account the entire body of work of the artists, their mark on the music industry and/or society as a whole, their influence on other artists, lyrics, music, etc. If you have not already done so, please review the rules of the tournament and the Wrestlezone Forums. Have fun!

Hootie and the Blowfish could quite possibly be the single worst band to ever record music. I mean that with total and utter honesty. They are that terrible.

Why did people like this band? Why? What was wrong with record-buying consumers in 95 or 96 or whenever they hit it big? Thank god I was like 10 at the time and didn't buy albums.

White Zombie on the other hand, were awesome. Maybe it's because I'm a big Rob Zombie fan (not so much his music, though his first solo album was fucking gold, but more for his filmmaking), but I love these guys. Just trashy groove metal at it's absolute finest, these guys were the real pioneers of groove metal.

White Zombie easily take this. If anyone votes for Hootie & the Blowfish, God will be kicking you in the balls when and if you get Heaven.

This match up is like the late Friday the 13th films.

White Zombie is Jason Voorhees, undead and with machete. Can't be shot, can't be cut, can't be harmed. Hooties is a blonde having sex in a barn.

It won't last long, and it won't be close. I expect some screaming, some panting, some topless shots, and then finally blood and silence.

Poor Hootie NEVER stood a chance.

White Zombie easily. These guys were awesome. They had some awesome groove metal, and really brought some good music to the table. Hootie and the Blowfish just suck.

xfearbefore said:
these guys were the real pioneers of groove metal.
I have to disagree, seeing as how even Rob Zombie himself credits Pantera for pioneering Groove Metal.

Reactions: Ptd
Fuck Hootie and the Blowfish, absolutely terrible abysmal band. With that being said White Zombie was pretty decent back in the day. I don't enjoy them as much as I enjoy Pantera or Sepultura, but Zombie had some good hits and are easily better than Hootie and the blowfish

Hell fucking yes. White Zombie (and Roberto Zombie, to a lesser extent) are the ultimate bringers of ****-fucking music. "thunderkiss 65" may be the greatest **** fucking anthem of all time LOL.

They are also responisble for one of the great "get pumped the fuck up and hurt something" anthems with "devilman" which goes hard 110%. White Zombie/Rob Zombie are one of my all time favorite bands, and should absolutely STOMP hootster and the blowpops. who responsible for some horrendous radio shit.

White Zombie was a great band, no doubt about it,should go very far in this tournament. For those who are puttin down hootie and the blowfish.......just because they were shoved down the throat of the average mid-90's radio listener dosent mean they are trash.If Atlantic would have slowly put out these songs(instead they shoved 4 singles out for quick money)these guys could have been pop-rock icons for many more years.Very good songwriters, just to much at one time.

I voted Hootie and the Blowfish. Cracked Rear View was the first album I ever owned, and it still rocks 14 years later. All I hear is "Hootie sucks," all they do now is cover rap songs at free concerts. Whatever. They rule and are a classic mid nineties band. If Kid Rock is being competitive, however, then it's obvious that this tournament is dominated by a demographic who doesn't know good music.

I voted Hootie and the Blowfish. Cracked Rear View was the first album I ever owned, and it still rocks 14 years later. All I hear is "Hootie sucks," all they do now is cover rap songs at free concerts. Whatever. They rule and are a classic mid nineties band. If Kid Rock is being competitive, however, then it's obvious that this tournament is dominated by a demographic who doesn't know good music.

ROFLMAO

Really? Really? You're going to insult the vast majority, probably around 90%, of rock and roll listeners by stating that we don't know good music, when you're praising HOOTIE AND THE BLOWFISH?!

ROFLMAO

I just died from laughter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back