90's / 00's Region - #31 311 vs #34 White Zombie

311 vs White Zombie

• White Zombie

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone

2nd Round 90's / 00's Region Match

#31 311 vs #34 White Zombie

Please take into account the entire body of work of the artists, their mark on the music industry and/or society as a whole, their influence on other artists, lyrics, music, etc. If you have not already done so, please review the rules of the tournament and the Wrestlezone Forums. Have fun!

White Zombie take the title here. Im a huge fan of Rob Zombies solo work, something that led me to delve deeper into his past work. And I was impressed!

One of thier songs, Thunder Kiss 65, was also used as the ECW theme song for its tv run, and as this is a wrestling forum, should go in thier favour!

Somebody said earlier that "Thunderkiss 65" is the perfect ****-fucking anthem. Somehow that sums up that entire song perfectly.

White Zombie were amazing, and though some don't appreciate their early work, I personally love a good portion of it. "Dear or Alive" is almost a downright punk song and a few of their early EPs were gold in my opinion, stuff like Gods on Voodoo Mountain & Psycho-Head Blowout. Then you get to their TRULY best work, the magnum opus of La Sexorcisto and the nearly-as good Astro Creep. Truly great stuff.

311 is pretty good. "All Mixed Up" is a fantastic song, and an absolutely PERFECT party and summer-time anthem. They've had some other decently good songs like the mellow "Amber" and "I'll Be Here Awhile", but aside from those songs and "Down", I can't say any of their other work intrigues me. Though they did do a nice cover of the Cure's "Lovesong".

White Zombie takes this one easily for me though.

Somebody said earlier that "Thunderkiss 65" is the perfect ****-fucking anthem. Somehow that sums up that entire song perfectly.

*does the RVD point at self thingy*

Damn straight it is. good times :)

FUCK. These are two of my all time favorite bands. I have to go with Zombie though. 311 has some fine singles, but Zombie has some awesome ALBUMS. Both La Sexorcito and and Astro Creep are totally fucking EPIC. Groove metal at its absolute finest, you cant go wrong with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back