90's Region - 311 vs The Mighty Mighty Bosstones

Discussion in 'Music Tournament (2008)' started by IrishCanadian25, Apr 18, 2008.

?

311 vs The Mighty Mighty Bosstones

1. 311

2. Mighty Mighty Bosstones

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. IrishCanadian25

IrishCanadian25 Going on 10 years with WrestleZone

1st Round 90's Match

311 vs The Mighty Mighty Bosstones

Please take into account the entire body of work of the artists, their mark on the music industry and/or society as a whole, their influence on other artists, lyrics, music, etc. If you have not already done so, please review the rules of the tournament and the Wrestlezone Forums. Have fun!​

2. X

X RIP Sgt. Michael Paranzino / RIP CM

311 has a couple of great songs, and they put on a great live show. One of the funnest concerts I've ever been to, and I'm not even a big 311 fan at all.

That being said, they don't hold a candle to the Mighty Mighty Bosstones in my book. One of the first third-wave ska-punk bands in the 90s, their hit "The Impression That I Get" was all over every radio all the time 24/7. And for good reason too considering how very very catchy of a song it is.

MMB are the last true two-tone ska band in existance today. Gotta show them some love here.

3. IrishCanadian25

IrishCanadian25 Going on 10 years with WrestleZone

WE AGREE!

The Bosstones are a fun, upbeat band that got HUGE when, inexplicably, ska helped make swing music popular again. MMBT was a big part of that. And "The Impression That I Get" wasn't even the best song on the album! Numbered Days was fantastic, an updated ska version of the deep Skid Row song "18 and Life." Lyrics: