Live vs The Roots

• Live

• The Roots

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
1st Round 90's Region Match

Live vs The Roots

Please take into account the entire body of work of the artists, their mark on the music industry and/or society as a whole, their influence on other artists, lyrics, music, etc. If you have not already done so, please review the rules of the tournament and the Wrestlezone Forums. Have fun!​

I hate Live. Absolutely hate them. I'm sure IC25 is going to skin me alive for saying it, but I find them to be one of the most overrated, bland, generic, and utterly unlistenable bands to come out of the 90s alternative rock scene. Seriously.

That by default kind of hands this to the Roots already, but I actually am a huge Roots fan so it all works out. Though I'm not sure why exactly the Roots are in this thing; not exactly a "rock" band per se. More of a hip hop band. The only one to actually play their instruments as well. Though I guess "Seed" is a rock song really. A funk one at that.

The Roots all the way; if you've lost hope in today's rap scene, just listen to some of the fire that Black Thought spits; he's easily Top 5 rapper alive right now.

The Roots - Seed 2.0
[youtube]lqi5P4gAvSY[/youtube]

The Roots - The Web
[youtube]Sap6ROBFilc[/youtube]

The Roots - Guns Are Drawn
[youtube]a8LJDyFmdFo[/youtube]

The Roots - Don't Say Nuthin'
[youtube]loapEq2FWJY[/youtube]

Other songs to check out: Double Trouble, Game Theory, The Next Movement, Star/Pointro, Water, Thought @ Work

The Roots all the way. Even though they're not quite rock.

<skins XFear Alive>

Live is one of the most innovative, clever, and lyrically deep bands of the 1990's. The album Throwing Copper is not only one of the best of the 90's but among the best all time, because of the range of topics, challenges, and emotions they cover. Whether it was as simple as the song Waitress discussing the human condition and the need to occassionally overlook differences and help your fellow human (replaces XFears skin - come on baby leave some change behind...) or the sick song White, Discussion.

Live created songs from Secret Samadhi from paintings and sculptures from various art museums. They are deep, introspective songs.

The Roots don't touch Live. Not even close.

I haven't much from either band, if fact I haven't heard of The Roots at all. I've only heard a few songs by Live, with "Lightning Crashes" being my favorite. From sampling the stuff that Xfear gave of Roots all I can say is meh, not really my style. Since I really don't know all that much about either of these bands I'll go with personal choice and vote for Live.

Live is one of my favorite bands of all time. Throwing Copper was one of the first albums I ever owned, and it is one of those albums that can be listened to straight through without wanting to skip a track. Beautiful vocals mixed with a harder sound usually always makes for a good musical contribution.

One good album vs The Legendary Roots? Roots are innovators, pioneers in the Hip Hop genre, and are still doing amazing things today. Live were hardly even relevent at their peak, and sure as hell aren't still relevent today.

The Legendary Roots take this.

Reactions: X
The Roots are the shit. They are as good as Hip-Hop gets. The lyrics, flow, production and live instrumentation along with masterfully created jazzy, funky beats makes this band stand above the rest in their genre.

Illadelph Halflife is a masterpiece. It's perfect. No Live album comes close at all.

Edit: Goddamn poll is closed. Those results made me cry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back