Live vs Audioslave

• Live

• Audioslave

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone

2nd Round 90's / 00's Region Match

#9 Live vs # 56 Audioslave

Please take into account the entire body of work of the artists, their mark on the music industry and/or society as a whole, their influence on other artists, lyrics, music, etc. If you have not already done so, please review the rules of the tournament and the Wrestlezone Forums. Have fun!

For this match to be anything less than a blowout - nay - a shutout for Live would be a sham. Live is one of the greatest bands of the last 20 years, and the sheer power, depth, and energy of "Throwing Copper" in and of itself should propel Live past the last remains of Chris Cornell's OTHER side project.

Live's Throwing Copper rivals Ten in terms of overall quality and depth of music. The lyrics in Throwing Copper are powerful and take on a range of important issues. Live still makes quality music today, though admittedly they've lost the edginess. At least they HAD edginess to start with.

Fans, don't allow a short-lived side project like Audioslave to defeat a mainstay in the alternative rock genre like "Live." It would be an embarassment to music.

I find it odd that not ONE of the 8 Audioslave supporters has bothers to post their reasons for their vote. Let's examine WHY Live should KILL Audioslave.

1. Throwing Copper has sold over 8 million copies ALONE. Audioslave inched above 3 million.

2. Audioslave released 3 albums total, the last two no where near the success of the first one. Live has released 8 albums, 4 of which are certified at least 1x Platinum.

3. Live is still together, still touring, still with their original lineup. Audioslave broke up and ran home because their second and third albums flopped miserably.

4. Live had more hit singles off "Throwing Copper" (5 - Selling the Drama, I Alone, Lightning Crashes, All Over You, White, Discussion) than Audioslave has total (4 - Cochise, Like a Stone, Be Yourself, Original Fire). Live's first album, Mental Jewelry, produced three singles, including "Pain Lies on the Riverside."

If you have never heard their cover of Johnny Cash's "I Walk the Line," then you need to:

[youtube]9_daJjRrv0A[/youtube]

And the classic track (and cover band favorite) All Over You:

[youtube]DXF7lFZxKQo[/youtube]

Seriously people, vote for Live in this thing. They are one of the best bands of the 90's and they deserve far more credit and dignity than to go out losing to a short-term side project like Audioslave.

OMG. I dont even know how this one is close. I fell in love with Live the first time I heard Lightning Crashes. Then Live solidified my love when they covered Johnny Cash's I Walk The Line. It might be the best remake of a song ever. Audioslave couldnt hold a candle let alone wash the jockstrap of Live. My vote goes to Live on this one. Hands Down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back