90s Region - 2nd Round - Kenan & Kel vs Seinfeld

Keenan & Kel vs Seinfeld

• Keenan & Kel

• Seinfeld

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want someone in here to give me in great detail what was so great about Keenan and Kel. That's it. Just a few details on why this show is soooo good and goes over a sitcom that many critics call the best sitcom in TV history. Because all I'm hearing is that it was awesome when I was a kid. Not why it was awesome.

I want someone in here to give me in great detail what was so great about Keenan and Kel. That's it. Just a few details on why this show is soooo good and goes over a sitcom that many critics call the best sitcom in TV history. Because all I'm hearing is that it was awesome when I was a kid. Not why it was awesome.

Allow me.

Keenan and Kel was a fantastic show for many reasons, a few of which are listed below:

The two funniest guys from All That were the stars.... "WHYYYYYY!?".... "Aw, here it goes!".... Orange Soda.... The cool transitions between scenes.... Epic level of randomness.... Storylines you could relate to.... Cool intro.... Everyone wishing they could get away with treating their boss the way Keenan treat Chris.... great supporting cast.... one of the best shows from its time.... NONE of the episodes were bad.

Those reasons (and any I might have left out) are why it's so great. Keenan and Kel was a great show and it should win this round because it was better than Seinfeld. I couldn't care less if critics call it the best ever, my opinion matters more to me since I am the one voting. I like Keenan and Kel more.

I hope that shed some light on how good it is other than "it was good when we were kids".

I'm an idiot. I accidentally voted for Seinfeld when I meant to vote for Kenan and Kel. Seinfeld has always been pretty meh to me except for the soup nazi episode, I've never really gotten into Seinfeld. Kenan and Kel meanwhile entertained the hell out of me when I was a kid, so a lot of entertainment even 10-13 years is still worth a lot more to me than minimal entertainment nowadays.

I'll turn that around on you. I haven't heard anything about why Seinfeld is great. I just heard that it was a big deal when they reunited on Curb Your Enthusiasm, which sounds like a reason to vote for that show not this one, and that anyone who votes for K&K doesn't appreciate good TV.

Jesus. Keenan and Kel is a kids' show, and not even that good of one. It is here on the merit of nostalgia, which is unfair. Seinfeld is totally shit though, so I went with Keenan and Kel, for no other reason than the fact that it isn't as shit as Seinfeld and that telling people that they were ******ed for thinking that Kenan/Kel/both died in a car crash was a staple amusement of being 13.

I can go on about what makes Seinfeld what it is... one of the most revered TV shows in history.

1) Originality. The show's concept was highly unusual for the early 90's. The show had no point to it. No goal in mind, no hidden concept. It was a show about everyday life. Or a show about nothing. The writing was true to life, and the actions of some of the characters are realistic. In most sitcoms, you'll find a sense of theatrics when things happen. Not with Seinfeld. Anything you seen on there could happen in real life.

2) It's an underdog story. Many think that Seinfeld was always where it is now. Not the case. The first season only lasted 9 episodes due to it being a mid-season replacement show. The ratings weren't that good and some of the acting wasn't up to par either. The second season is where it got some of its legs under it, but it was still struggling. It wasn't until the third season that Seinfeld hit its stride as a great TV show. Many shows are good from day one. Seinfeld wasn't. Yet, it went on to be the most critically acclaimed show in TV history.

4) It's place in popular culture. The sayings, the characters, the lines are all apart of pop culture to this day. I still use "Yada, Yada, Yada", "Giddyup", "It's not you, it's me", and other random lines from the show. "Mimbo" is my fave. Male bimbo. lol. Even though some may not like the show, it's still respected as a well-written, sensible show. Most don't get the humor. And that's fine.

But to say that it's inferior to a Nickelodeon show that was nostalgic as a kid is absurd. But it IS a popularity contest. And that's fine. But know that Seinfeld should move on, and if it does... it'll beat any show in the tourney. Past and present.

I don't see how Seinfeld can loose, one of the greatest series of all time against some kids show I've never heard of. I guess people just can't understand the humour. Though I'm going to guess allot of people who voted against Seinfeld probably watched the Soup Nazi and some other random episode and judge the series on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back