Status
Not open for further replies.

Cena's Little Helper

Mid-Card Championship Winner

90’s Region - 2nd Round - Frasier vs Roseanne

Frasier_Logo.JPG

VS

sev_02roseanne2_09-02-2005_t05d1vi.jpg

Note: Although Roseanne began airing in 1988, we have included it in this tournament’s 90’s region.

Rosanne is one of the most annoying shows in the history of mankind. Apart from John Goodman, it's just awful in every way imaginable. Such a bad show.

I was never a huge fan of Fraiser, but it's decent enough, and is apparently one of the "smartest" shows ever, whatever that means. And Kelsey Grammar is pretty cool. Fraiser moves on easily.

Besides John Goodman, I could never find the appeal of the show and Goodman alone is not going to make me vote for it over Frasier. Frasier had that kind of humor that you may not catch on at first, but after a while you start to get some of it and appreciate it. All the characters in Frasier were greater to me than the characters in Roseanne and Frasier was just better to me than Roseanne.

Bloody easy choice and I have been drinking, it was sherry with Niles, but I have been drinking and I am voting for Frasier. A show that was a spinoff, bringing the character of Frasier Crane to his own show, where he would scoop up emmys, for the same character, on three different character, a feat that has never been duplicated. From the story of a man moving to a new town, for a fresh start, to another man in love with a woman he cannot have, to Ross sleeping with everyone inbetween, and for Martin Crane, former cop, and now overseerer of his family. A terrific show, that is underrated, and underappreciated.

I never understood the love for Frasier. As I mentioned in the last round, my uncle was a huge fan of this show and I had to sit through it many times growing up. However, I could never get into. It's just not my type of shit, I guess.

Roseanne was another show I absolutely hated growing up. I was forced to sit through that with my mom, and man I just thought it was the stupidest, most boring thing ever. However, with its run on Nick @ Nite, I just put it on one night a year or so ago, and it drew me in and I really dug the show and a couple of the characters. Sure, there's still some shit about it that I just don't dig, which is why I most likely wouldn't vote for it against one of my favorites in the tournament, but against a piece of trash like Frasier? Roseanne definitely deserves to win here.

Another match-up of great shows here. I'll go with Frasier, since Roseanne has been recycled and turned into what most of the "family" shows are now. Frasier stood alone, and hasn't been redone. This show is among the greatest spin-offs of all time, and could go far in this tournament...

Roseanne was just annoying, as was said previously John Goodman was good, but I didn't enjoy anything else from that show. Frasier on the other hand was a classic spin off of one of my all time favorite sitcoms Cheers, and the fact that I enjoyed the witty humor and intelligent dialog, I gotta vote Frasier here.

Frasier isn't great, and the setup of the joke becomes obvious after about 5 minutes, which leaves 20 minutes of redundant time before the payoff at the end. 11 years of embarrassing misunderstanding was probably a little too much to be honest with you. However, I think Roseanne was never really of great appeal to me, and the woman herself was massively annoying, so I went with Frasier.

Definitely Frasier for me here. Great cast on that show, GREAT cast, and unlike Roseanne it was usually pretty funny. The only thing I liked about Roseanne was when Danielle Harris would guest star and that was only because I was (and still am) wildly in love with her.

Frasier for the win here. Great, great cast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back