Culture Club vs Bruce Springsteen

• Culture Club

• Bruce Springsteen

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone

80's Region 2nd Round Match

#28 Culture Club vs #37 Bruce Springsteen

Please take into account the entire body of work of the artists, their mark on the music industry and/or society as a whole, their influence on other artists, lyrics, music, etc. If you have not already done so, please review the rules of the tournament and the Wrestlezone Forums. Have fun!

I'm voting against the seeding on this one. Culture Club were Ok. Boy George carried them and they were good enough musically. The thing is, the Boss is a music icon. His influence wins this. Remember one of the U2 albums I mentioned, The Joshua Tree? Springsteen influenced. Born in the USA had 7 tracks (how many bands manage that now) reach the Top 10.

Culture Club...Karma Chameleon and Do You Really Want to Hurt Me...decent songs, but not as influential as Bruce Springsteen

I also would like to challenge the seeding on this one. With that said I gotta go with The Boss. Not only is he one of my favorites of this era he is in my top 15 all time. With hits such as Badlands, Born to Run, Born In The USA, and the very poignant Devils and Dust he should have this round won. Now Im not saying that Culture Club is not a good band because they are. Its just IMO they dont stand a chance when they are up against Springsteen.

Yeah, this is one of those situations where I got the seeding wrong. Should probably be the other way around. I hope it wasn't my disdain for "The Boss" that effected his spot, but he should have been far higher. I probably missed his name at first and then was too tired to redo everything, so I stuck him in there.

But, as usual, you are all doing a fine job of making sure it gets corrected. Since the brackets are set, the seeding makes little different at this point, anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back