Bruce Springsteen vs Queensryche

• Bruce Springsteen

• Queensryche

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone

4th Round 80's Region Match

#37 Bruce Springsteen vs #12 Queensryche

Please take into account the entire body of work of the artists, their mark on the music industry and/or society as a whole, their influence on other artists, lyrics, music, etc. If you have not already done so, please review the rules of the tournament and the Wrestlezone Forums. Have fun! PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU VOTE FOR THE BAND YOU INTEND TO VOTE FOR! MOVING FORWARD, IF YOU CLICK THE WRONG BAND, YOUR VOTE WILL HAVE TO STAND!

Springsteen sucks. He's so overrated, it makes my skin crawl. I have said it before, and I will say it now - he sings like Jim Ross on Valium. My problem with Springsteen is my same problem with Johnny Cash - the mumbling drives me insane.

Outside of Glory Days, I despise Bruce's crappy middle-class working hero excuse for music. He's been doing the same handful of songs for most of his career and though he's put on an impressive live show, I cannot look at him as a great musician.

Queensryche, on the other hand, put together the greatest concept album since The Wall and Tommy with "Operation: Mindcrime." They hit so many HUGE political issues with songs such as "Empire," "Spreading the Disease," and "Sign of the Times." They are a huge multi-national act. I get it - they haven't sold what "The Boss" has sold, but that's because most of Middle America doesn't posses the depth of thought to follow the music Queensryche has created.

For the love of all that is holy, I implore you. Vote Queensryche over Bruce, then go vote for Dream Theatre over Weezer. Otherwise, the terrorists win.

dude. lay off bruce. the man has been a huge success just by being himself. there is no act. what you see is what you get. its all real on and off stage.

P.S. even though im from philly, i now live in New Jersey so this:

IrishCanadian25 said:
Springsteen sucks. He's so overrated, it makes my skin crawl. I have said it before, and I will say it now - he sings like Jim Ross on Valium. My problem with Springsteen is my same problem with Johnny Cash - the mumbling drives me insane.

Outside of Glory Days, I despise Bruce's crappy middle-class working hero excuse for music. He's been doing the same handful of songs for most of his career and though he's put on an impressive live show, I cannot look at him as a great musician.
is sacreligious

dude. lay off bruce.

dude. no. :)

the man has been a huge success just by being himself. there is no act. what you see is what you get. its all real on and off stage.

That's fine, I am cool with that. Mind you, I am not making any judgements of him as a person. In fact, as a person I really like the guy. He's selfless and hard working - I get it. I am just saying that his music makes we want to leap off the Empire State Building and hope to catch my eyelid on a rusty nail.

P.S. even though im from philly, i now live in New Jersey so this: is sacreligious

Check out the profile, there, slugger. Northern New Jersey. Born and raised as a matter of fact. Since you're a new name, I will refer you to a post I made last round when Bruce Springsteen amazingly knocked off Motley Crue:

Springsteen sounds whacked up on Valium for half his songs. It's like Jim Ross sings the blues. I get it, Bruce - working class hero, bullshit bullshit bullshit. If I EVER need a New Jerseyan to wave the Middle Class flag, I'll go see Bon Jovi. In the meantime, the Boss can kiss my ass.

Queensryche is so much better than Bruce it's laughable, but until at least the next round, it appears I am fighting a losing batter. I don't care. I'd rather go down with the ship than listen to Thunder Road.

fisrt of all. dont bring of bon jovi. he is the lead singer of the most over rated band ever in my opinion. secondly, bruce is amazing because he is almost like sugar. you listen to his music and really dont know y, but u just like it. bruce just makes people feel good. like sugar. in fact, im looking at an autograohed picture of bruce hanging on my wall as im typing this. ive never even seen hiim live and i can tell you its not all about the blue-color thing. sure born in the usa and glory days is like that, but alot of his music is dark and meaningfull. example: the river is about a 19 year old guy that gets a 17 year old pregnant and has to marry her. nebraska is about a guy that went on a killing spree and is sentenced to death. does that sound like blue collar to you?

ive never even seen hiim live and i can tell you its not all about the blue-color thing. sure born in the usa and glory days is like that, but alot of his music is dark and meaningfull. example: the river is about a 19 year old guy that gets a 17 year old pregnant and has to marry her. nebraska is about a guy that went on a killing spree and is sentenced to death. does that sound like blue collar to you?

The only reason why I've voted for Springsteen these last few rounds is strictly because I think he's a musical powerhouse. If you polled 10 average people, and asked them if they knew Springsteen, they'd all say yes. If you polled those same 10, I'd be surprised if 2 people even knew who they were. That doesn't change the fact that Bruce is horrendously overrated. A great deal of his songs have something to do with New Jersey. He's got the blue collar getup, and he loves Asbury Park, which is ridiculous, because he probably lives in a mansion nowhere near Asbury Park. Another great deal of his songs wax poetic about the past.

It doesn't matter that some of his songs have a darker atmosphere. All of his big singles have had that light poppy feel.

Bruce has had a bit of an easy run in this tournament. Hopefully that all changes next round.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back