Status
Not open for further replies.

Cena's Little Helper

Mid-Card Championship Winner
70's Region - Last of the Summer Wine vs The Jeffersons

78238.jpg

VS

img_124372_the_jeffersons.jpg

It has to be The Jeffersons here. It's a classic show, and could make anyone laugh. The theme is a classic, and George and Wheezy are one of the iconic couples in TV history. Simply put, this show could go very far...

Easy decision here. One of the funniest shows on TV during this time and very cutting edge. Confronting issues at the fore front of their time with racism and satire. Norman Lear is a genius. He's probably got about six or seven sitcoms in this tourney. No one can say that. He just knew how to push the buttons of Americana during this time, and the Jeffersons did that.

Last Of The Summer Wine, I have actually seen The Jeffersons, once, I wasn't impressed. Last Of The Summer Wine is actually quite amusing if you watch it. I'd never expect it to win this match, Americans won't have heard of it and most of the British will dismiss it because their Grandad likes it.

This one is going to be my representative of the seventies. It started in a time where race was a very polarizing issue, and gave African Americans a positive image on American Television, something blacks had never had before. This show was witty as Hell, made all the more funny by Sherman Hemsley. He is possibly my favorite character ever on television bar none. And catchy themes? Not only is it catchy, rappers still use it on hooks and R&B songs to this day.

In short, not only hilarious, but a step in the right direction towards Civil Rights. Have to go with The Jeffersons

Last of The Summer Wine, without a shadow of a doubt.

Truly, it was one of the best comedies to come out Britain in that decade and I am completely sure that if some of the Americans gave it a good watch, this match would be going a very different way. As it is, I don't expect it to progress angainst a show that is extremely popular. My knowledge of The Jefferson's is very small but the small parts of it I have seen has been quite witty. However, I would rather watch Last Of The Summer Wine and that is what I am judging this by. It is comedy gold and the characters were so solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back