Status
Not open for further replies.

Cena's Little Helper

Mid-Card Championship Winner

70's Region - 2nd Round The Jeffersons vs Three’s Company

the-jeffersons-tv-s04.jpg

VS

threes-company.jpg

As much as I love the Jeffersons, I LOOOOOVED Three's Company. John Ritter is one of my favorite comedic actors in television. He made physical comedy not seem that ridiculous. He also was able to pull of the 'confused sexual innuendo' writing that was done for the show. Chrissy and Janet were also vital parts of the show, and it didn't even miss a beat once Suzanne Somers was gone. Just a great overall show and goes over a very worthy foe in the Jeffersons.

Admittedly, I've only seen a few episodes of the Jeffersons. Despite watching a mere couple episodes, I concluded that it didn't appeal to me. I'm sure the show has its own merits, but I have to go with the show that enthralled me from childhood.

How can anybody not be deeply entertained by this show? The show was thoroughly fun, from the delightful characters to the amusing situations they would get themselves into. Jack Tripper is one of the most entertaining characters I've ever seen. His charisma is easily tangible.

To be fair, I'll give the show one fault, and that flaw is that the show gets repetitive; a lot of comparable situations happen.

Three's company is a warm, cordial show that will trap you effortlessly. It may be my bias, but I'm voting for the show that I proudly touted in my sig: Three's Company.

I voted for Three's Company because it was one of the first sitcoms I ever watched, and it's STILL great! It managed to keep using the same formula for several years with it remaining funny the whole time. Someone misunderstands something, and then that misunderstanding snowballs for the whole episode. A lot of shows mess up when trying to use that, but Three's Company did it successfully for many years. As for the Jeffersons.... I didn't like it that much.

Damn I wanted to be Jack Ritter. The Jeffersons was a great show, but it simply can not compete with Three's Company. That show is still among the best things on TV...

The cast was great, the script/storylines were great, and who didn't go through puberty wishing they were as lucky as Jack?

Three's Company is by far and away my favorite show ever. My love for John Ritter has no bounds, and this is the show that started it for me. Thebest misunderstandings, the best laughs, the best everything including the cast. From the Ropers to Mr. fucking Furley.

Threes Company had it all, and as decent, and I use that word loosely. As decent as The Jeffersons were, there is no way that it can match up to John Ritter. See, the show doesnt have a name anymore. It's just fucking John Ritter.

I never really got the appeal of the Jeffersons. I'm sure it was funny in its day, but aside from being amused by Sherman Hemsley's facial expressions, nothing about the show ever really stood out to me. Well, apart from the theme song.

Three's Company on the other hand I've always enjoyed, it's pure 70s innocent fun at it's best, though it was a bit risque during it's time. John Ritter was always fun, the women were hot as hell, and Mr. Furley was the greatest neighbor character of all time probably. Gets my vote here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back