Aerosmith vs The Eagles

• Aerosmith

• The Eagles

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone

4th Round 70's Region Match

#3 Aerosmith vs #19 The Eagles

Please take into account the entire body of work of the artists, their mark on the music industry and/or society as a whole, their influence on other artists, lyrics, music, etc. If you have not already done so, please review the rules of the tournament and the Wrestlezone Forums. Have fun! PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU VOTE FOR THE BAND YOU INTEND TO VOTE FOR! MOVING FORWARD, IF YOU CLICK THE WRONG BAND, YOUR VOTE WILL HAVE TO STAND!

Going with Aerosmith. While I think the Eagles are more influential and important to music overall, I don't really consider them to be rock so much as -rock/country/folk.

Going with Aerosmith. While I think the Eagles are more influential and important to music overall, I don't really consider them to be rock so much as -rock/country/folk.

music doesn't have to blow out an eardrum to be classed as rock.

As for the Eagles vs Aerosmith... I'm torn because I really like both bands. Both have put out a number of truely iconic songs and would both deserve to go further. That being said, I think the Eagles marginally take it on the grounds that they have been probably the most successful mainstream country rock group around. Aerosmith against any other band than Eagles would take my vote on this

Don't get me wrong, I love the Eagles...but, generally, if its a band that my local country station plays, they aren't rock to me. If this were a general music tournament, I probably would have gone with the Eagles over Aerosmith...but, I dunno if they are as "rock" as Aerosmith is.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Eagles...but, generally, if its a band that my local country station plays, they aren't rock to me. If this were a general music tournament, I probably would have gone with the Eagles over Aerosmith...but, I dunno if they are as "rock" as Aerosmith is.

I think The Eagles are just as much Rock as anyone else is. They're just a different genre of rock.

The Eagles are more southern-rock, akin to .38 Special, Skynard, Edwin McCain, etc. But damn sure rock. Plenty of guitar work, bass, great vocals.

Aerosmith are more blues rock, like The Stones. Maybe a touch harder, but not much.

I still go with Aerosmith based on sheer body of work. Both bands had a breakup, but Eagles lost more time.

I went with Aerosmith here. I'm a fan of both bands, but after thinking about it, I can name probably 3 or four times more Aerosmith songs than I can Eagles songs. Don't get me wrong the Eagles are great, but it seems like their time passed a good while ago. Aerosmith still puts out songs on occasion, and it seems like you hear their stuff more often. Both bands are great, and the Eagles may be more influential, Steven Tyler is one of the true icons of rock to me. The Eagles go down here, but in a contest that shouldn't have either band lose.

I saw a weird fact about Aerosmith the other day. They are the first and only band to ever be inducted into the Hall of Fame and have a #1 single at the same time! That in itself is enough to show how influential and long-lasting these guys are. That is amazing and they for sure get my vote here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back