Alice Cooper vs The Eagles

• Alice Cooper

• The Eagles

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone

2nd Round 70's Region Match

#14 Alice Cooper vs #19 The Eagles

Please take into account the entire body of work of the artists, their mark on the music industry and/or society as a whole, their influence on other artists, lyrics, music, etc. If you have not already done so, please review the rules of the tournament and the Wrestlezone Forums. Have fun!

It's 4-3 Cooper right now, and I truly do like and appreciate Alice Cooper. But I voted The Eagles in this match-up, because they have one of the most impressive histories in rock. The Eagles put out amazing music members such as Glen Frey, Don Henley, and Joe Walsh who ALL went on to successful solo careers.

They only put out 7 studio albums, but MAN what a 7!

Self-titled debut went Platinum 1x.
Desperado went Platinum 2x.
On The Border went Platinum 3x.
One of These Nights went platinum 4x.
Hotel California went platinum 16x.
The Long Run went platinum 8x.
2007's Long Road out of Eden went platinum 7x.

Eagles Live went platinum 7x.
Hell Freezes Over went platinum 8x.

Talk about SOLID. Talk about CONSISTENT! That doesn't even count their first Greatest Hits album, which went platinum 29 times!!!

Everyone, put The Eagles over Alice Cooper. Don't make mecome back and list their singles and hits - I'll get Carpel Tunnel halfway through.

The Eagles should take this in my opinion. Ok, they're the usual loud rock that it is proven wrestling fans like. But as IC25 has pointed out, the Eagles have a ridiculously impressive resume. The fact that Long Road out of Eden went 7x platinum very quickly is a sign of how enduring they are, more so since almost 30 years had past since the last studio album was released. How many bands have the ability to retain fans for that long?

Maybe I'm biased because I've had 'New Kid in Town' stuck in my head for the last week, but the list of best known songs of the Eagles (Hotel California, Tequila Sunrise, Desperado, New Kid in Town, Lying Eyes etc), are far more known to the general public than Alice Cooper, who the most of the population will name 'School's out' and then struggle to name any more.
I'm not detracting from the man's work, but the Eagles deserve to upset the seeding here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back