Queen vs Aerosmith

• Queen

• Aerosmith

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone

70's Region Final Four Match #1

#2 Queen vs #3 Aerosmith

Please take into account the entire body of work of the artists, their mark on the music industry and/or society as a whole, their influence on other artists, lyrics, music, etc. If you have not already done so, please review the rules of the tournament and the Wrestlezone Forums. Have fun! PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU VOTE FOR THE BAND YOU INTEND TO VOTE FOR! MOVING FORWARD, IF YOU CLICK THE WRONG BAND, YOUR VOTE WILL HAVE TO STAND!

Polls will be open for 7 days. You don't need to vote right away - let's see some debate on these two bands before you all vote the winner in!

Aerosmith are almost only remembered for Walk This Way. Be it the original or the Run-D M.C. Your average Joe could probably only name that song. Oh and the awful Armageddon song.

After Walk This Way was released Aerosmith did nothing of note. That was until a couple of rappers started using the WTW tune, then they did the collaboration. After that Aerosmith went back to doing nothing of note again.

Aerosmith are only known for Walk This Way? HUH? Dream On? Sweet Emotion? Back in the Saddle? Their remake of Come Together? Dude looks like a Lady? Janie's Got a Gun? Love in an Elevator? Mama Kin? Rag Doll? Aerosmith has a TON of music played on every Classic Rock station on the radio.

With that being said, I still voted for Queen. Queen is perhaps, the most instantly recognizable band on Earth. You hear two or three guitar chords, and even if you have never heard the song before, you know its Queen. Freddie Mercury may be the greatest frontman of all time, and Brian May's guitar skills are absolutely brilliant.

Aerosmith are only known for Walk This Way? HUH? Dream On? Sweet Emotion? Back in the Saddle? Their remake of Come Together? Dude looks like a Lady? Janie's Got a Gun? Love in an Elevator? Mama Kin? Rag Doll? Aerosmith has a TON of music played on every Classic Rock station on the radio.

I know not of most of these songs. Y'know why? Because like you said. they're on Classic Rock radio stations. Not mainstream ones. Queen would be on classic rock stations. But they're popular and good enough to have their songs featured on regular stations as well.

Ok so I have heard of a couple of those songs. But those songs are of the same quality as Fat Bottomed Girls. Ok song. But nothing compared to Bohemian Rhapsody and others.

Folks, I love Aerosmith. I really do. But they have NO RIGHT going over the Greatest Band in the history of Rock Music in the regional semifinals.

Queen is a significantly better band musically. Aerosmith, as amazning as they are, never really got past Blues Rock. Don't get me wrong - nobody did Blues Rock better than Aerosmith (not even the Stones) and the influence they've had on music is fine.

But Queen didn't have a genre - they were EVERY GENRE! They were so musically talented and versatile, they could create fusions of genres (see: Opera Rock) or do a genre for a song of two before moving on (see: Stone Cold Crazy - Thrash Metal, Crazy Little Thing Called Love - Rockabilly, We Will Rock You / We Are the Champions - Arena Rock.)

Folks, if you still have a vote left, vote for Queen. They should, in fact, be winning this entire tournament. They have sold out HUGE venues in the US, UK, Canada, etc. Few rock bands match their total album sales. Their Greatest Hits read like a who's who or a what's what of great rock music. And if you need a list of great songs:

Under Pressure, I Want It All, Radio Ga Ga, Tie Your Mother Down, Bohemian Rhapsody, A Kind of Magic, the entire Highlander Soundtrack (incl. Princes of the Universe and Who Wants to Live Forever), Flash Gordon (cheesy classic awesome!), I Want to Break Free, One Vision, Play the Game, Seven Seas of Rhye, Dragon Attack, Ogre Battle, You're My Best Friend, Somebody to Love...I can keep going!

VOTE FOR QUEEN! NOW! DO IT NOW!

Folks, I love Aerosmith. I really do. But they have NO RIGHT going over the Greatest Band in the history of Rock Music in the regional semifinals.

Queen is a significantly better band musically. Aerosmith, as amazning as they are, never really got past Blues Rock. Don't get me wrong - nobody did Blues Rock better than Aerosmith (not even the Stones) and the influence they've had on music is fine.

But Queen didn't have a genre - they were EVERY GENRE! They were so musically talented and versatile, they could create fusions of genres (see: Opera Rock) or do a genre for a song of two before moving on (see: Stone Cold Crazy - Thrash Metal, Crazy Little Thing Called Love - Rockabilly, We Will Rock You / We Are the Champions - Arena Rock.)

Folks, if you still have a vote left, vote for Queen. They should, in fact, be winning this entire tournament. They have sold out HUGE venues in the US, UK, Canada, etc. Few rock bands match their total album sales. Their Greatest Hits read like a who's who or a what's what of great rock music. And if you need a list of great songs:

Under Pressure, I Want It All, Radio Ga Ga, Tie Your Mother Down, Bohemian Rhapsody, A Kind of Magic, the entire Highlander Soundtrack (incl. Princes of the Universe and Who Wants to Live Forever), Flash Gordon (cheesy classic awesome!), I Want to Break Free, One Vision, Play the Game, Seven Seas of Rhye, Dragon Attack, Ogre Battle, You're My Best Friend, Somebody to Love...I can keep going!

I have to second IC on this one, Queen is just plain better than Aerosmith, and deserve far more to advance, I'm glad this is such a close round and all but seriously can anyone give one good reason why Aerosmith deserves to move on more than Queen?...No didn't think so

Queen easily. Aerosmith are decent, but let's be honest. They've had some hits but they're not iconic. Ask a person on the street to name five Aerosmith songs, you'll get 'Don't wanna miss a thing', 'Walk this Way'. Then they'll hmmm and ha and maybe force out 'Janie's got a gun', 'Love in an Elevator' and maybe 'Dude looks like a Lady'. With Queen they'll be on 5 before they want to stop, they appeal to so many and yet avoid the label of being generic...because they were innovative and changed to keep their stuff fresh.

Aerosmith - Rock Legends in the loud guitar sense of the world
Queen - Rock Legends in the So Damn Good sense

While I think Aerosmith isn't getting enough credit by some, I did vote for Queen. Queen is simply one of those special musical acts that come around once or twice in a generation. A world without Queen would feel somehow...lesser. I have stated in other threads that I think realistically, the finals should be between the Beatles and Elvis Presley, as I believe they are by far the two most historically significant musical acts of all time, but, if Queen makes it into the finals, I am not gonna be heartbroken to see them win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back