5 Things That Need To Happen Tonight On Raw (1/26/16)

That N Word

Actively evolving
20121228_raw_rock_large2_l.0.jpg

It's that time yet again. It's The Road To WrestleMania and one thing we know is a huge return is expected. Now here are the five things that need to happen on the first Raw of the RTWM 32.

AJ Styles Explains To The World Who Is AJ Styles- Styles is a legend in TNA. But all I kept hearing today is "who was that AJ Styles dude?" He needs to explain his story and SHOULD be allowed to mention his time in TNA as that's a huge chunk of his career.

Chris Jericho Turns Heel-Since returning his babyface run has been crappy. He needs to team with Ambrose and attack him after and show his intentions of the IC Title.

Triple H vs. Roman Reigns /w/ Rock as ref- Triple H kicks off the show,Reigns comes out and wants his rematch and Rock returns to ref. In the main event, The Rock would Rock Bottom Reigns allowing Triple H to retain
This would set up Rock vs. HHH vs. Roman for the belt at Mania. It would make Mania and Romans moment even bigger and allows Rock to stay out the way of getting hurt.

Sami Zayn attacks Kevin Owens- Owens is in a match and Zayn runs down and attacks him mid-match with this continuing for weeks.

Cody Rhodes is back and challenges Goldust to WrestleMania- This one isn't a need its more of a want but with Cody saying "Stardust is no more" it should. Cody would come to the ring and challenge Goldust to a match for Mania that they would dedicate to their father Dusty.

What are your thoughts and what are your "5 Things. "

This should be re titled "5 things that wont happen tonight* Lol they will have a big return weather its rock or bryan, They will have a 5 minute match between nevelle and Aj styles and waste there time. We wont hear anything from sami zayn, The crowd will boo roman reigns, and triple h will kick off the show with a long boring promo of how he is the best there ever was. There now you dont even need to watch raw.

You and I should be new creative writers for them, but since we're not there's no chance that most (or any) of this occurs.

I have zero faith in WWE's writing/creative team doing anything that makes sense or is a little outside the box.

There were a dozen differnet directions Rumble could have gone and of course they chose the most obvious one that had been bantered about on social media for over a month.

20121228_raw_rock_large2_l.0.jpg

It's that time yet again. It's The Road To WrestleMania and one thing we know is a huge return is expected. Now here are the five things that need to happen on the first Raw of the RTWM 32.

AJ Styles Explains To The World Who Is AJ Styles- Styles is a legend in TNA. But all I kept hearing today is "who was that AJ Styles dude?" He needs to explain his story and SHOULD be allowed to mention his time in TNA as that's a huge chunk of his career.

Chris Jericho Turns Heel-Since returning his babyface run has been crappy. He needs to team with Ambrose and attack him after and show his intentions of the IC Title.

Triple H vs. Roman Reigns /w/ Rock as ref- Triple H kicks off the show,Reigns comes out and wants his rematch and Rock returns to ref. In the main event, The Rock would Rock Bottom Reigns allowing Triple H to retain
This would set up Rock vs. HHH vs. Roman for the belt at Mania. It would make Mania and Romans moment even bigger and allows Rock to stay out the way of getting hurt.

Sami Zayn attacks Kevin Owens- Owens is in a match and Zayn runs down and attacks him mid-match with this continuing for weeks.

Cody Rhodes is back and challenges Goldust to WrestleMania- This one isn't a need its more of a want but with Cody saying "Stardust is no more" it should. Cody would come to the ring and challenge Goldust to a match for Mania that they would dedicate to their father Dusty.

What are your thoughts and what are your "5 Things. "

I can see AJ getting some promo time and get cut off by someone who he then beats, maybe The Miz or something. But it won't be anything epic for him. Not yet at least.

Jericho's heel turn will be slow and be at or the RAW after Fastlane to set up Ambrose vs Jericho at Wrestlemania. Right now is too soon.

The Rock costing Reigns turns him heel? The crowd would explode for that. The Rock will not be involved in any match tonight if he even returns. His role at Wrestlemania will likely be minimal or he'd be guest ref for Triple H vs Reigns at Wrestlemania to try and get Reigns a bigger rub.

Zayn might be on RAW, but I don't see him interfering in a match of Owens. I see it the other way around.

Again, it's 69 days until Wrestlemania. They aren't setting any matches for Wrestlemania tonight. We have 4 weeks until that happens at and after Fastlane.

I do agree with some of this.

The Rock scenario however I do not agree with happening. If you've read recent reports you'd have learnt that he probably won't be wrestling a match at Mania therefore I can't see them throwing him into a Triple Threat match for the title. Also that would completely have the Dallas crowd firmly against Reigns, wanting any other outcome other than him winning the belt back. I'd say the returning superstar if it is Rock interrupts a HHH title ceremony starts getting beat down by LON and out comes Reigns for the save. Setting up HHH w/ Vince and Steph vs Roman Reigns w/ The Rock at Mania.

I like the Cody idea but Vince seems to be against having him and Goldust have a proper match on PPV. I think his probable reason is that it seems like a waste of a match to have on his big money matchcard, and as much as I would disagree with that, it is valid. I think maybe he just returns as Cody during a segment like Miz TV or something but who knows. I would LOVE a Kalisto vs Undashing Cody Rhodes feud similar to that of the one he had with
Mysterio.

Jericho turning heel is nailed on! Can't see anything else but him vs Ambrose happening for the IC title at Mania. I think he will turn around Fast Lane though because there's too much time between now and Mania to build the feud.

AJ Styles is going to feud with Kevin Owens. I'm sure of that! I think he'll cut a promo and Owens will come out and they'll basically disagree over who is the better independent wrestler. Sami Zayn will be a midcarder for now whilst he finishes his NXT obligations and headlines the NXT Takeover special before Mania against Finn Balor I'm guessing.

Try explaining to the insurance company that Rock being in a triple threat match is totally safe. Unless literally not one offensive move is done on him, he is not going to be in a match. Why would Rock Rock Bottom HHH? How would that setup a triple threat match? That would setup a Rock vs Reigns match. Makes no sense. That is sort of a Vince Russo type swerve.

Who cares what Styles did in TNA? This isn't TNA. Casual fans have zero reason to care what he did in TNA. It won't help at all. Sting's time in WCW mattered. Sting's time in TNA didn't.

Jericho is fine as a face (just stop having him do New Day stuff). Only problem is there isn't an obvious opponent for him to face as a face. So doing a heel turn isn't the worst idea.

I'd rather have Zayn call Owens out or have Owens attack him. Having Zayn attack Owens is a heel type move.

They did Rhodes vs Goldust once, it bombed. Wouldn't be a bad preshow match however. But you would set that match, based solely on wanting to have a match for their father, two months in advance? That would not be a good idea.

I personally want to see if Zayn is now on the main roster or if that was a one off appearance, I'd love to see clarification of that tonight.

Definitely would like to see AJ get some promo time. I'd like to know where he stands heel or face and the direction he'll be heading in going forward. That's silly to say a lot of people don't know him considering the reaction he got last night.

Apart from that, I'll just enjoy the show and see how they build off Royal Rumble last night going forward.

Go back too my post earlier in this thread i was pretty much right about everything... LOL i hate wwe so much. Its such a shame. It really is. When will they start making sense again? "I'd like to think that maybe this company will be better after Vince McMahon is dead, but the fact is it's gonna get taken over by his idiotic daughter and his doofus son-in-law and the rest of his stupid family".

Go back too my post earlier in this thread i was pretty much right about everything... LOL i hate wwe so much. Its such a shame. It really is. When will they start making sense again? "I'd like to think that maybe this company will be better after Vince McMahon is dead, but the fact is it's gonna get taken over by his idiotic daughter and his doofus son-in-law and the rest of his stupid family".

LMAO!

Hey there CM Punk, how're you my man, my favourite, and the man on account of whose departure, the WWE have been sucking balls considering how they're adamant with Roman Reigns?

On a serious note, you were right about everything you said in your preceding post.

I hated the fact how they frequently undermined AJ Styles on Raw tonight(Cole and JBL) by condescendingly declaring "Welcome to the big leagues" . How fucking petty.

That is not petty. WWE is the biggest wrestling company in the world. No one is even close to them. They didn't belittle him. They kept saying by being successful in other promotions, he obviously has the tools to succeed, now lets see if he can. As the match went on, they kept getting more and more impressed by how he was faring against a big name like Jericho. Then when he won, they said it proves he belongs here. WWE would be dumb to say anywhere is on par with them. No one is on par with WWE.

This Raw really made me miss two hours. This would have been great if it was a two hour show. Instead it causes them to stretch out that opening promo every week and do filler. The only thing I really didn't like was how Reigns and HHH had zero interaction. But with one more PPV to go before Mania, I can forgive that.

You two just seem to hate anything WWE and love anything that appears to be "against" the man (man being WWE). Not criticizing you for that but I think you are wasting your time watching so much WWE. If you don't want to outright stop watching WWE forever, then take a few month break. I do that every once in awhile to prevent burnout. But you two just don't even seem to like anything they present unless they fool you into thinking someone actually is a rebel. If you don't like what you see now, you won't like it by next week. However you might like what they present in a few months.

Vince became a billionaire due to how he runs the WWE. That seems pretty successful to me. That line about the company being better after Vince was dead was approved and okayed by them for a reason. You two took the bait.

So none of this happened.

The closest you got was the smallest glimpse of a heel turn for Jericho but that's being generous.

I think from the reaction at the rumble, AJ styles is not an unknown. The strange thing is the lack of him hitting the Styles Clash. Tried it maybe 3-4 times in the rumble and never hit it against Y2J. Wonder why?

So none of this happened.

I think from the reaction at the rumble, AJ styles is not an unknown. The strange thing is the lack of him hitting the Styles Clash. Tried it maybe 3-4 times in the rumble and never hit it against Y2J. Wonder why?

I'm quite shocked they even teased it at all. I wouldn't be surprised if WWE are encouraging him to start using a new finishing move, after all the controversy there's been with the Styles Clash over the last couple of years, with the broken necks it's caused. Knowing how WWE like to band any move that could damage a neck, I think we'll probably see AJ winning alot of his matches with moves other than the Clash.

However, the fact they referred to it by name at the Royal Rumble makes me think we WILL see it at some point, even if it's just a special occasion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back