5 Reasons why Mike Mizanin has what it takes...

Does the Miz have "IT?"

• Yes, he's a future star

• No, he's a reality TV reject

• I am not sure, haven't seen enough of him (cop out)

Results are only viewable after voting.
I kind of like the Miz. I think his mic skills are great. There is a reason he does guest commentary and Shelton doesn't. There is also a reason Shelton is in MitB and Miz isn't. Miz does leave something to desired in the ring, but if you deny that he's improving then you are either jealous, blind, or some weird jealous blind hybrid that only comes out when reality stars invade your favorite show. He is as good in the ring as JBL at this point. Punk is sloppy as hell, yet the IWC can't wait to slurp him.

To the guys who say they can't remember botched moves from Miz, I agree, but I can remember botched moves from CM Punk, some of which simply required him to fall at the right time, which he fails to do.

I guess it is good for Miz that most of the people hating on him type like they're writing a text message to their 10th grade gf..... Those are the guys that are jealous, and fall right into the gimmick, proving yet again you can take the mark to the board, but you can't make him think.

Gelgarin said
(a lot of us seem to think being worked is somehow negative, rep to anyone who can explain why) so people strive for another reason to dislike him.

That's because most of the IWC thinks they're too cool for school and can't suspend disbelief and write Raw recaps like they're a columnist. I have much more respect for posters who take a few key points for discussion. I DO NOT NEED a move by move analysis of a women's bikini contest post event beat down from an 18 year-old named IWANNALICKCENA in a message board. A lot of posters want to think they're insiders, or want to be insiders, so they talk about how much JBL's backstage politics influenced a match instead of someone getting beat down because the "bad guys" decided it would be a good time to beat him down. We get it, JBL soap rapes people and Orton shits in purses, but those two events are not the reasons that Jeff Hardy drops titles.

i think he has what it takes. he has been improving since he got here. theres no denying that and if you do then you just hate the kid personally. he has okay mic skills and his matches dont seem to have flaws like Punk's matches.

i see more matches where Punk and other wrestlers constently get their spots wrong. like last night with Punk and Columbo. Columbo was hit by Punk and Chuck was supposed to land on the corner in the buckle but was out of place and kinda looked weird trying to get i position for Punk.

i'm thinking a Miz and Moorison break up will happen in the near future and then they will fued and elevate themselves to the mid card status.

I always believe that it is rather telling that the people who accuse Mizanin of ‘having no charisma’, are the same people who will go to the walls to defend the mic skills of personality black holes such as… say… Shelton Benjamin.

Too true, I believe they call them smarks now. :p

I’d most likely attribute this to the unfortunately prevalent assumption that ‘how much you like someone’ directly correlates to there ability (both inside the ring and out of it),

Also true, but I like people for how people are inside and out the ring as well.

but if I really wanted to go Freudian regarding the situation I’d suggest that everyone here wants to nail their own mother;

:blink: :headscratch:

then add that I suspect the reason we of the IWC so vehemently denounce his ability is simply that his reality TV gimmick draws heat from us,

It does seem to draw heat which is good for him. Although I don't know why people don't think he skill in the ring.

but we of the IWC don’t like to admit that we’re being worked (a lot of us seem to think being worked is somehow negative, rep to anyone who can explain why) so people strive for another reason to dislike him.

Well, my opinion on why we don't liked to be worked is because we are too proud now the the WWE has supposedly become 'bad' and 'predictable'. We think that we know everything that is going on, but when we get tricked or are put into a certain situation where even though we think we know why we are booing someone, we are actually being put into it by the WWE. E.g. Cena and why we boo him.

Now, I’m British, and as such never saw any of this reality TV stuff and had never heard of The Miz until I first saw him working a match, so I suppose you could call me Mr. Objectivity (or at least you could if I had a different surname) regarding the issue;

I'm Australian and I can say the same for that objectivity thing.

and my conclusion regarding Mizanin is a solid “meh”.

He is a bit more then a "meh" but he is no ME'er.

Outside of the ring he’s good; strong charisma, solid delivery and a fantastic inherent ability to draw heat from the crowd just by standing still in a dark room.

Which is important for a good heel, you naturally find him annoying.

Inside of the ring… he’s ok. I don’t think I can actually conjure up a single memory of him doing anything particularly badly or particularly well; he’s solid.

Agreed, but I have seem a few good performances from him.

If I’m honest I don’t see him ever advancing above the midcard, floundering around the cruiserweight division when they inevitably bring it back or possibly packaged into another rushed tag team when they next decide to push Morrison. I’m quite open to the idea of him proving my wrong, but right now I don’t see it happening.

I think that upper mid card is the best for him, he will never get higher than that though. Maybe he will get lower ME again by getting the ECW title.

You are pretty much right though, he won't get too far in the business.

I've grown to like The Miz, when I look at him in the ring, he has greatly improved. He was basically a goof ball character when he started on Smackdown, and now you watch him fight Kane and not expect him to be destroyed. He never seems to botch anything and has some impressive moves to boot.

On the mic? He's good. Very good. The promo he cut on the ECW after Judgement Day was a good one. Excellent delivery, good acting.

He has a bright future.

This is a point of uncertainty for me. He has clearly improved immensely since teaming with John Morrison, and his mic skills have always been good and are only getting better.
I just don't think I like his look. The grunge thing or whatever he's going for just doesn't do it for me. I'm not saying he won't become a star with it, but I personally just don't see him going any further than midcard singles guy with his current look, if that far.

WOW, this thread got bumped!? It's been more than 2 months!

I hold to my original statement. Miz absolutely has what it takes. His in-ring product has improved, week in, week out. He holds a clean pinfall victory over CM Punk on National TV. He's got charisma, attitude, and he's working with someone who can help get him over. Despite the inevitable Marty Jannetty / Matt Hardy comparisons, I'd love to see this guy with US Gold one day.

Have people's perceptions of The Miz changed since I originally posted this???

I think the Miz has a bright future in the WWE. I am still looking foward to a future Miz and Morrison feud, however I think John Morrison will end up getting the better of that feud. The Miz is going to be a high mid carder to someone who in the future will be a ECW Champ. I see the Miz going to smack down while Morrison ends up on Raw in the near future. Miz is going to be a main stayer in the WWE for a while to come

I agree with your opening post. People need to give the Miz a break and look at what he can do, because like him or not, he's going to be big in the WWE one day. He has what it takes, znd everyone I know off of the forum loves him. I think the haters of him are the typical fan who likes complaining yet will never stop watching.

He neesd to be given more mic time. This would definitely give the doubters something to make them think twice, as I think on the mic he's strong and with the way his personality shines through what he does, he could easily work an audience, face or heel. I mean seriously, how many wrestlers have as much charisma as he does?

When he first came to the 'E, I hated "The Miz" Mike Mizanin. He was just a joke. He remained thus until he was drafted to ECW and in one match at Cyber Sunday, proved all the haters wrong - The Miz has what it takes to be a great worker. He won me over that day, and ever since, I've been a great fan of the Miz' work.

As much as I like MNMII, I think as long as he keeps teaming with Morrison, he will be overshadowed, so when the WWE decide to cut him loose, he's got a very bright future ahead of him if he keeps improving the way he has. And besides, who doesn't like the Dirt Sheet? Seriously.

Im still cant wait for a Morrison vs MIz feud its going to be the most underrated feud ever

I don't really understand how a feud that hasn't happened yet can be underrated. I agree both wrestlers are certainly underrated if that is what you meant, the duo usually doesn't get much reaction from the crowd.

As for Miz, I've always liked him since he's been on ECW (never watched him on Smackdown) but he was certainly taken to another level during his tag title run with Morrison. They are a team who can go head to head with a credible team like The Hardyz and have a good match, can't say that about the Edgeheads. For Miz i can see a United States or ECW title run sometime in the next year. I don't think he's ready for a World title yet, but one day he just might be.

Miz really isn't that bad to me. He plays the character that he has been given quite well in my eyes. If you watch the triple threat he, Morrison and Punk had for the ECW belt, it was Miz and Morrison that carried that match. As Morrison being a former champion his contributions were no suprise, but Miz impressed me in that match. He's got that odd charm to him that makes you care about him. His in ring work is solidifying quickly with a nice finisher in the Reality Check and a good moveset. He puts on passable matches with the charisma to burn. He and Morrison are a great young team that has a ton of potential which is rare for teams in today's era. I certainly think he's got what it takes and am slowly becoming something of a fan of his.

Its amazing how when he first debuted, people hated The Miz (me included). He was nothing more than a reality tv reject. His wrestling was below par and he really did have nothing going for him on Smackdown. But in 2007 he was drafted to ECW in the supplementary draft. He got a decent push and was gradually starting to improve in every way possible. It looked like he would be in a feud with John Morrison which seemed unusual as both were heels. Then a few weeks later out of nowhere, they win the WWE Tag Team belts on Smackdown. It was interesting and definately got my attention.

Since he was in a tag team with Morrison, he improved greatly every single week without fail. His single matches stood out to me and he proved he could put on decent 15 minute matches with superstars like C.M Punk and Kane. The tag team matches he was involved in with Morrison were almost always good and worth watching. They really do make a great team despite me wanting Morrison to turn face and feud with the Miz. He has charisma, decent mic skills and his moveset is unique but good. He has tons of potential and deserves to hold the United States Championship in the near future.

I first noticed his skills and become somewhat of a fan of his last year. This was the same time when people disliked him, but he was slowly getting recognized for his efforts. Its great to know I'm not the only one who thinks the Miz has potential and has improved greatly from when he debuted on Smackdown in 2006.

I personally want to see him stay heel and feud with a face John Morrison on ECW in the near future. While Morrison will hopefully get his main event push, the Miz can be a contender and could possibly even win the U.S title as I think he suits that title very well. The Miz does indeed have what it takes.

The Miz is one of the most entertaining and charismatic guys in WWE right now, and he continues to improve and improve every single day. How can some of you not respect him? Yeah, he sucked at first, but the guy has come so long since those Tough Enough and "Hoo-Rah" days.

His tag team with Morrison has been beyond awesome. They brought back some entertainment value to WWE's very lackluster tag team division. And even before the partnership started with Morrison, I was highly enjoying the 'Ladies Man' version of Miz when he had the entire Exposé girls with him and was making Balls Mahoney his bitch every week. That feud had some serious potential if WWE gave it the time of day. Miz is such a great heel. How can you not just hate the guy's character? He has that frat/jock like quality that's hard to find in a lot of WWE's talent, and he's so damn obnoxious. He sort of reminds me of a modern-day Biff Tannen from “Back to the Future”, one of the greatest cinema villains of all time, in my opinion.

People want to ride Santino's nuts all day long, but I guarantee that if Miz were to get the sort of mic time and storyline opportunities Santino has gotten this past year, he would've done just as well, if not tons better. And unlike Santino, Miz can also at least put on a solid technical contest when called upon. I enjoyed every single one of his matches against Punk, and he's shown week in and week out during his partnership with Morrison that he can deliver whenever called upon.

Moreover, the guy has the passion and work ethic for the business like John Cena. How can you not respect that? He could've easily just coaxed his way through the company just to keep a job because of his name value, but instead... he worked his ass off and has become a very valuable and entertaining aspect to WWE's roster. Miz is a HUGE part of the future's company. I see him as a World Champion some day. I really do.

What makes The Miz good in my opinion is his attitude, his backstage attitude I mean.

It all comes down to what HHH said about younger guys not wanting to improve, Miz is not in that category, he came into this business and he sucked quite frankly. . . but unlike a lot of other talented individuals he worked to get better, he loves the business (has openly stated he always wanted to be a wrestler) and he has over time has created a good gimmick, a solid wrestler and is one half of a damn good tag team.

This for me is why Shelton was jobbing on ECW while The Miz was in the title picture and was given a run with the tag team titles. This is why he'll be performing well for years to come.

I love the Miz right now (it's a shame ECW's only on at 1am fridaynight/sat morning where i live), and I'm sure that Morrison will be the one to feud with Hardy once he's ECW champion, but I would love to see the Miz as the ECW champion instead. He's got a great gimmick, buckets full of Charisma, and one half of one of the best tag teams in awhile. I think he will always be a great middle card contender for years to come, maybe even get some worldtitle feuds in the future (not seeing him becoming a worldchamp yet thou). As much as I want them to stay a tagteam for a while, I see them going their seperate ways within a few months. I think jealousy for the ECW title will get to them and they'll feud over it, probably have some great matches. Both wrestlers will have futures in the company for years to come, that's for sure.

It's funny how being booked somewhat properly and given time to shine can make people look differently at a wrestler. When Miz first transfered to ECW, so many people hated him, said he sucked, and that he never improved. The thing was he never got the chance to improve. On smackdown during the end of his stay he usually jobbed to Hardy, Benoit, Vito, Boogeyman, ect. He was booked to be made to look like a punk, and everyone hated. Then him and morrison got the belts and he had time to improve, and for his character to grow people are starting to see that he'd "not that bad". He has charisma and in WWE thats all you need. As long as Miz keeps getting the opporunity he will be a very good midcard for the WWE.

I used to think the miz was just crap but recently I've come to realize he's actually pretty good. Hes not a huge guy who relies on power. He can be athletic and he has good mic skills. Miz definately has room for improvement but because of his mic skills and always improving wrestling skills he'll be moving up the ranks eventually

Mike Mizanin is a wrestler who is the hardest worker on ECW and perhaps in WWE history (with number one hardest worker being John Cena).

Lets face it when the Miz debuted the IWC and the fans called him many unproper things, including me. But despite the fact that the Miz knew we hated his guts and thought that he couldnt wrestle, he proved us wrong.

By improving on every ECW show with training and hard work. The Miz is ten times better than his former self, he has improved his ring work by using powerfull moves and improved his mic skills by cutting promo's as a single's and tag team wrestler.

But the thing is that the IWC always talk about how the Miz improved when he was put together with Morrison, and that is wrong and unfair towards the Miz's work ethic.

The Miz was improving even before Hennigan became Morrison, he didnt care about the critism from inside and outside the ring and proved us wrong by working hard. And there is one thing that the Miz has done better than Morrison, and that is to create more heel heat.

To all of the people who still say that the Miz sucks should open their eyes and watch ECW when the Miz is on. He is a great performer who can wrestle better than most overrated superstars, like Rey Mysterio.

I think that at some point in his career when the Miz has learned all he can, that the Miz will have a gimmick change and become a great WHC.

I 100% agree with IC25 here, the miz, is amazing...hes going to be great..ive even got a 6th for everyone :D hes a manbearpig, half man, half bear, half pig!! (okay, so i tried to add laughter in my post since all i wanted to say, was i agree, good work IC25.) miz = the future of our business :)

Okay just to be clear I was one of the 38% who at the time voted that the Miz was a joke, but after a good run as the other half of the WWE Tag Team Champions I want to take back my vote!

The Miz has proven to that there are indeed 4 reasons he can exist and thrive in the WWE. Here are the 4 I have come up with since watching him.

1. Bankable as a Heel- People hate him and that is a fact. They like hating him and he almost seems to feed off this when he isn't trying to be too funny.

2. He has mic skills- can't be a heel without a good voice. He speaks they listen! They listen they boo!

3. His wrestling skills have improved since becoming a tag wrestler and I dare say he could be a viable contender to the ECW title.

4. The Dirt Sheet...humorous, mostly sarcastic!

The WWE needs a few more solid all around people.

Miz has earned my respect and obviously a few others. He may never hold the WWE or World Championship, but he can hold your attention as a mid carder singles wrestler or a tag team half.

For all of you "Miz" haters out there, I'm here to show you the err of your ways. I not only feel that Mike Mizanin deserves the benefit of your doubts, but that he is also a top young start in ECW / SD and has a future with a lot of gold in it.

Sigh. Have we not had this exact same conversation and speculation about the likes of Owen Hart, The British Bulldog, The Junkyard Dog, Tito Santana, and a host of others who historically fit this mold? I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to crash your Miz party with some of my own mischievous wisdom to help you see the light my brother.

1. Mike Mizanin has a good look.

Actually no. He looks like th average Joe. He looks like the high school wrestler next door or that kid on the football team who played back up QB. You know the guy I'm talkin about. Not really athletic, but not fat either. Just kind looks like he has a high metabolism rather than really working out. Pretty much sums up Tha Miz.

2. Mike Mizanin is strong on the mic.

Once again you are sadly mistaken my friend. Miz in only as strong as Morrison on the mic. And by that I don't mean that he has equal level quality. I mean that he really only seems able to play off of Morrison. have you ever seen him all by himself? Oh god, I used to wish that they would cut his mic or his lips off. Either or would have been good for me. But it only goes to show you how some people are made. Miz is not a loner Dotty or a Rebel.

3. Mike Mizanin is over with the fans.

He's got Xpac heat. Well not quite that low, but he gets cheap heat. i've seen people the verge of cheering for him due to who he is mouthing off to only for him to take the cheap road to get back his heat. Therefore it's not natural heat. Not something that he can sustain as a single entity.

4. Mike Mizanin has performed in big spots.

Not sure what big spots you are talking about but he has jobbed more than anything. If you are talking about his match with Punk, then you must mean the one where he lost. The one that critics dogged left and right as being crudely awful. Doesn't sound "big spot" quality to me my friend.

5. Mike Mizanin is starting out like all of the greats.

Yeah. All of the great second tier stars. The IC champs, the tag team champs, and the guys who came "this" close to winning the big gold, only for the champ to pull it out at the end. It's called being a bridesmaid and not a bride. Morrison can be a bride. Miz, has to be a bridesmaid, or a flower girl, or something supporting. No white dress for this virgin here I'm afraid.

Face it, wrestling fans. You're looking at a part of the future.

He may be a part of the future, and I won't argue with you on that point. But he won't be as big a part of the future as you believe. He just may get stuck in the Jeff Hardy roll. I mean seriously, do you think they will EVER let Hardy hold the title in anything other than a transitional or an emergency situation? Me neither. And neither will Tha Miz.

2 years ago I though the Miz was balls.And two years on...I still think hes balls.Yeah hes better than he was then,but what does that mean,is that supposed to be an accomplishment? Hes not very good on the mic at all,he would be nothing without Morrison (the real star of both Miz and Morrison and MNM).Hes just a keychain and I believe he would never be put in WWE in the first place if he wasnt a reality TV reject.
Some people seem to think hes a good heel and over,I just think hes annoying,undeserving and the words "X-Pac heat" are bang on.On top of that,I think hes an average wrestler,but I wont delve too deep into that now.

Okay just to be clear I was one of the 38% who at the time voted that the Miz was a joke, but after a good run as the other half of the WWE Tag Team Champions I want to take back my vote!

The Miz has proven to that there are indeed 4 reasons he can exist and thrive in the WWE. Here are the 4 I have come up with since watching him.

1. Bankable as a Heel- People hate him and that is a fact. They like hating him and he almost seems to feed off this when he isn't trying to be too funny.

2. He has mic skills- can't be a heel without a good voice. He speaks they listen! They listen they boo!

3. His wrestling skills have improved since becoming a tag wrestler and I dare say he could be a viable contender to the ECW title.

4. The Dirt Sheet...humorous, mostly sarcastic!

The WWE needs a few more solid all around people.

Miz has earned my respect and obviously a few others. He may never hold the WWE or World Championship, but he can hold your attention as a mid carder singles wrestler or a tag team half.

I wrote this thread MONTHS ago, and I LOVE the fact the it keeps getting bumped. Whether the people who find and bump this thread agree with me or disagree with me is immaterial - the fact that it happens is proof that The Miz is a rising star and is making people take notice.

Now let me be clear - I am not claiming that Mizanin is a future WHC or WWE Champ. He's not, and that's ok. A lot of pro wrestlers don't need to reach that point to look back and say their careers were successful. There are thousands of folks who would trade in their lives to be a mid-card stars in WWE.

If I am Mike Mizanin, I go straight to Titan Towers and request ALL of the video compilations for two men - Rick Martel and Jacques Rougeau. Miz reminds me of both men. Started off as a prolific member of an upper-echelon tag team, then segued into a successful mid-card heel career. Both men held the Intercontinental Title, both had successful mid-card feuds (Rougeau with The Big Boss Man and Sgt. Slaughter, Martel with Tito Santana and Shawn Michaels), and both can look back and say that, despite never being WWF Champion, they had a damn successful career.

Keep watching - he'll get better.

I'm still on the fence about The Miz but I do learn towards the fact that he's got a decent career ahead of him. I respect the fact that I believe he's got a great work ethic based on one reason and one reason only. I watched his season of the Real World in New York and I remember him talking about wrestling and how he wanted to be a professional wrestler so I've always kinda been a fan of the Miz because I enjoyed him on all that MTV reality stuff he was on as far as the Real World, Challenges, and all that junk. I believe that was 6 or 7 years ago when he was on that show for the first time, but look at 4 or 5 years down the road... the Miz is in the WWE and he's already held tag team gold. He made it happen for himself and for that, I have a lot of respect for the guy. He didn't have a father in the business to get his foot in the door for him. He made it all happen by himself. Sure his previous TV exposure didn't hurt, but I'd like to believe it's all due to his hard work and you can't deny that. That's why I believe he's got a good career ahead of him.

My on the fence reasons... I believe he needs a small character tweak. It's almost as if he's kind of a mirror image or Morrison, but just not a good one. He needs to lose that "hoo-rah" thing that he does because clearly that will not catch on whether he's a face or a heel. It sounds too much like something the armed forces do or what Al Pacino does in Scent of a Woman. His mic work also... needs work. Again it seems like it's kind of a mirror image of Morrison, but just not as good. Sure that might be what they're going for in the fact that he has been paired with Morrison for over a year now, but he's just not good at that...yet.

Could I see The Miz as a future WHC or WWE Champ? I honestly give it about a 10% chance. After awhile, he'll get that character tweak or even character change and I believe it will be for the better. Look what those character tweak/changes did for all the greats who had a character that just didn't get off the ground. Rocky Miavia, Stunning Steve Austin/The Ringmaster, The Lionheart Chris Jericho, Justin "Hawk" Bradshaw (yeah I went there, I personally loved when he branded his opponents he beat or even a part of The New Blackjacks), Hunter Hearst Helmsley (as the blue blood character). I believe in quite a few cases, success is just a good tweak away and with the Miz's ring skills getting much better and his mic work... well... slowly improving I guess...isn't any different.

Recently I was noticing allot of miz sucks signs in the crowds and noticed he was getting allot of heat, allot more then most people in the wwe. When I was watching wwf ppv's from 1997 I noticed the rock garnering allot of heat with the rocky sucks chants. Both of these guys have simmular mic skills. So do you see the miz as the next rock and do you see that his match vs dx as a lanch to make him into a bonadfied main eventer like he can be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back