5 Reasons why Mike Mizanin has what it takes...

Does the Miz have "IT?"

• Yes, he's a future star

• No, he's a reality TV reject

• I am not sure, haven't seen enough of him (cop out)

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think it's really funny that people bash him just cause he came from reality tv. It's not like the WWE contacted him cause he had the look, it's because he was so in love with the business that he freaking made a name up for himself and carried around a fake title. I'm sorry but if you people think that he's undeserving of becoming a wrestler than you're pretty much saying that all wrestlers are undeserving. He got in a round about way, that's true but he clearly had all the passion and drive to make it happen. It's not like a diva situation where they pick a model out of headshots and pretend she's a wrestler. Get over the reality TV thing people.

Now to the real task at hand. I think people are overlooking the Miz as a talented wrestler because they're stubborn. Whether you like it or not the guy has come miles and miles even from last year. He has ALWAYS had the great mic work, and that bullcrap about reality tv being more scripted is redic because when a wrestler cuts a promo even if it's in-character they aren't reading off a cue cards you idiots, if that were the case then all wrestlers would have decent mic work. Same goes for reality TV. The Miz is just really quick witted and that's great to have in a wrestler. PS. did you SEE his match with Low-Ki. Now, obviously if you wanna look good in a match going up against someone like Low-ki is great because he will definitely have no problem putting someone over and he did just that with the Miz. Their match is probably one of the best i've seen in the WWE in a long time and the Miz is getting better and better. He is one of the only guys that is showing top tier potential to me and you guys can all suck it if you disagree!

I was reading through the first page and a half of this thread, and I was like, why is this guy calling RAW the third rate show? And did IC mention Cyber Sunday over bragging rights, Survivor Series 09, Wrestlemania 26, or, especially or, Money in the Bank?

Oh wait, this was from two years ago.

Holy shit IC, I would have never picked The Miz in 2008 to be the superstar that he is today. I was still hating on him back then. I was in the "John Morrison will be the next big thing while The Miz will be fired after a short time jobbing on RAW" school of thought.

Boy was I wrong.

The Miz has maybe risen faster than any superstar since Cena, including the likes of CM Punk. And it's well deserved. Whenever I hear about the WWE doing any sort of promotional outing, internet video, or anything like that, I can always count on The Miz to be there, and he seems like a pretty cool guy in reality.

I think what some people don't like about him is his ring skills. He's not Shawn Michaels, but who is? His wrestling style is interesting in it's own way. He's quick, he knows how to wrestle like a heel very well, and it looks pretty realistic. It's a lot of stomping and punching and clotheslines, sure, but he'll throw in a suplex or a ddt to add some flare. And I've even grown to like the Skull Crushing Finale. It's not THE most exciting finisher, but I loved when he struggled giving it to Sheamus last week and then finally putting the big guy down.

The Miz isn't one of my favorite superstars, but I do love seeing him on my television on Monday nights, and I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I love the roller coaster ride that will be The Miz's money in the bank run.

This seems like a good time - and hopefully the last time - I'll have to bump this legendary thread.

Yes folks, you heard it HERE FIRST. Nearly 3 years ago, I stated 5 very clear cut reasons why Mike Mizanin was a future star and not a reality show reject. Now, with his first WWE Championship firmly in his grasp, I'd like to once again ask everyone to form a line single file to kiss my fat white hairy ass.

Great look? Check.

Mic skills? Check.

Over with fans? Check.

Big spot performance? Check.

Starting out like the greats? Check.

I predicted great things from Chris Jericho in 1995, from Edge in 1998, and from Miz in 2008. HOPEFULLY everyone will listen to me the first time from now on instead of voting against my opinions, claiming he is a reality TV reject.

It feels good to be this right. Much like the Miz, I'm just...AWESOME!

This seems like a good time - and hopefully the last time - I'll have to bump this legendary thread.

Nah, you certainly didn't "have to" do it at all, but it seems like you wanted to gloat over what you perceive to be your awesome predictive prowess.

Yes folks, you heard it HERE FIRST.

Actually no I didn't.

Now, with his first WWE Championship firmly in his grasp, I'd like to once again ask everyone to form a line single file to kiss my fat white hairy ass.

Cute. Would you have been so smug had miz lost the cash in last night, something that could very easily (and probably should have) happened?

Great look? Check.

Mic skills? Check.

Over with fans? Check.

Big spot performance? Check.

Starting out like the greats? Check.

The first two are still opinions. Maybe he has a great look but when I see him, my first thought has never been "future champion". Mic skills, I agree but that hardly makes anyone worthy of being handed a championship. Over with fans? Depends who you talk to. If you are basing it off of how many people on this board had mangasms after he won the title last night, then I will agree with you. Big spot performance...? I don't know, there's a lot of folks who get big performances but that hardly makes you automatically qualified to be a champion. Starting out like the greats? Hardly. Most of the greats worked a long long time before hitting the big championships. They weren't handed a title because they were the current flavor of the month on the mic.

Now don't get me wrong, I like the miz and his character. He's improved a ton since his debut. But to say he's the best thing to happen to the business and should be handed a championship because he's fun to listen to on the microphone, I will never understand.

HOPEFULLY everyone will listen to me the first time from now on instead of voting against my opinions, claiming he is a reality TV reject.

It feels good to be this right. Much like the Miz, I'm just...AWESOME!

Sheesh. Self pandering aside, are you actually claiming that you are so clever that everyone should take every single thing you say and predict as canon and no one has the right to disagree with you? On a public internet forum? No offense, but it sounds like you want everyone to recognize how great you are, or you wouldn't have bothered revitalizing this thread. But you come across as desperate for attention, desperate for approval, and arrogant, practically begging for us to recognize you and be impressed.

Honestly, I don't know who you are and I don't have a problem with you personally, but by the same token, no one likes someone who gloats and thinks themselves better than others just because they managed to guess correctly once in a while (and I still don't believe that you are correct in everything you said).

But that aside, this forum is supposed to be a fun place of idea exchange, not a schoolyard "nyah nyah I told you so" While I don't agree with everything you said, I also hope you don't take anything I said personally, it's just how you came off to me.

And in the end, while I don't think the miz is as great as you claim, he certainly has potential and I look forward to seeing what the future holds for him. Perhaps one day you and I can agree on his fulfilling your checklist.

Okay, Miz is champ. Great. I like the guy. Promo-wise, he seems like he has a The Rock-esque way of working a crowd. But seriously people: get off his nuts. He came a long way, yes. His reign is well deserved, true. But there's a line between being AWESOME!!! and being overrated. He has above average ring skills, but as far as this generation goes, I wouldn't put his in-ring skill above JoMo, Kofi, MVP, or Sheamus. His mic work/charisma/heel tactics is incredible enough for me to get behind his championship win, but let me address the whole IWC when I ask you to please stop dick-riding the Miz, no matter how AWESOME you think he is.

Nah, you certainly didn't "have to" do it at all, but it seems like you wanted to gloat over what you perceive to be your awesome predictive prowess.

Aw, man, you got me.

Cute. Would you have been so smug had miz lost the cash in last night, something that could very easily (and probably should have) happened?

Sure would.

Some of the greatest talents of all time looked better in their losses than they did in their wins. Had be cashed in a lost (as I had originally predicted he would, and would have been wrong) I would still have extolled how perfect he was for that role and how he is now set to perfectly play the character of "so close, but no cigar."

The first two are still opinions.

Fact vs opinion aside, a clear majority of fans seem to be of the opinion that his look and mic skills are significantly better than many.

Maybe he has a great look but when I see him, my first thought has never been "future champion".

That's what separates you and I. I'd have been right, you'd have been wrong.

Mic skills, I agree but that hardly makes anyone worthy of being handed a championship.

I completely agree. That's why I titled this thread "FIVE Reasons Mike Mizanin Has What It Takes" as opposed to its original title "Mike Mizanin - Mic Skills and Nothing More."

Over with fans? Depends who you talk to.

I listen to the reactions of the crowds.

If you are basing it off of how many people on this board had mangasms after he won the title last night, then I will agree with you.

It's not based off of that at all, I assure you.

Big spot performance...? I don't know, there's a lot of folks who get big performances but that hardly makes you automatically qualified to be a champion.

Funny enough, I also scraped the working title "Mike Mizanin - Blows His Load In Big Matches and Has Nothing Left Afterwards."

Starting out like the greats? Hardly. Most of the greats worked a long long time before hitting the big championships. They weren't handed a title because they were the current flavor of the month on the mic.

Did you actually read my opening post? Just because he went faster and had fewer failures or there were fewer opportunities for the legends doesn't mean he didn't start the same way.

Now don't get me wrong, I like the miz and his character. He's improved a ton since his debut. But to say he's the best thing to happen to the business and should be handed a championship because he's fun to listen to on the microphone, I will never understand.

He's far from the best thing in the business. But compared to the "reality TV reject" people were making him out to be, he's a far cry above.

Sheesh. Self pandering aside, are you actually claiming that you are so clever that everyone should take every single thing you say and predict as canon and no one has the right to disagree with you? On a public internet forum?

Yep, you summed it up perfectly. Thank you, by the way.

No offense, but it sounds like you want everyone to recognize how great you are, or you wouldn't have bothered revitalizing this thread. But you come across as desperate for attention, desperate for approval, and arrogant, practically begging for us to recognize you and be impressed.

Why thank you for that stunning analysis, Mr. Froid. I keep forgetting we just met, and as a result, you weren't aware of my status as a self-promoting egomaniac.

Honestly, I don't know who you are and I don't have a problem with you personally,

Phew, I was getting worried.

but by the same token, no one likes someone who gloats and thinks themselves better than others just because they managed to guess correctly once in a while (and I still don't believe that you are correct in everything you said).

<goes home to rethink his entire life>

There is a reason JBL and the fans crap on The Miz. He's not that good. When he was on Smackdown he was green, no one knew what to expect, they used him as the friggin Host for a few months. Miz pretty much has not been able to escape his 'X-Pac heat'(it's not that he says anything nasty, we just think he sucks) Yes, he's improving in the ring, and if they had ECW when he started... oh wait, they called that Velocity. As for fans voting for him at Cyber Sunday... I repeatedly voted for him instead of Morrison because I personally couldn't see WWE taking the belt off of Punk in favor of Miz, Simple as that. He has a chance if he can find a good feud, I love Balls Mahoney, but for Miz that was not the feud he needed, to elevate, but he needs to prove he can carry people, not the other way around.

You said Fans crap and the wrong kind of heat like you could answer for all fans, based on the poll for every Miz hater their is two that like him. I am not even close to being number one on his fan list but he does have some upside. I do agree that he needs that solid feud or even a great match under his belt before he can get over with the majority of fans. If or when that happens this poll may need being redone.

Good for you IC, you got one. Do I get prophetic points for spotting Wade Barrett as a future Main Eventer in week 2 of NXT? I mean I called that while it was still the Daniel Bryan show, I should get something for being so right.

But yes, Miz is now on paper the top heel on Raw but there is just one obsticle in his way to being the de facto top heel and that obsticle is the wrestler formerly known as Stu Sanders. Everything Miz has going for him Barrett has in spades. Fot that reason (and thisis probably the only time you'll hear me say this) Wade Barrett needs to get the fuck out of the main event and spend more time off my screen if Miz is to succeed as a main eventer at this juncture. If he doesn't Miz is a paper champion. Sure he's got the belt, but what does it matter if his more over colleague is getting the prime TV spots?

So yeah, Miz has been given the ball. Let's see if he's going to be allowed to run with it. I hope for his sake that he doesn't become WWE champion #3 to play third fiddle to Wade Barrett and John Cena/Wade Barrett's new feudee. Orton and Sheamus could take it. Miz's spot is a lot more fragile than theirs.

IC, its great that you correctly predicted Miz's rise to stardom...but you missed the biggest reason why, I think. He has the look, mic skills and all that, but that isn't why he won the belt. He won the belt because he demonstrated that he is willing to BUST HIS ASS. It isn't just the high spots, it isn't just coming up big in big situuations, its his relentless dedication. Every month or so it seems for the past two years there have been wrestlezone articles stating that the WWE is high on Miz for his work ethic. Plain and simple, PPV, TV taping or house show, the Miz has worked his ass off to get better. He knew when he started that he was a joke. He endured the hazing, using closets as locker rooms because the boys didn't think he earned his spot in the talent locker room, he was fucking Andy Dufresne, who crawled through 500 yards of shit smelling foulness I can't even imagine, and came out clean on the other side. Miz proved he belonged by refusing to let it get to him.

I don't like the Miz as a character, but I respect the hell out of him for sticking with it through all the shit he was put through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back