37 Halo -v - Paladin’s Quest 92

?

• Halo

• Paladins Quest

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
Halobox.jpg

I don't know enough about Paladins quest to write a witty comment...but it's up against Halo. As ever it's up to you!

250px-Paladin%27s_Quest_box_art.jpg

Don't look at Halo and immediately vote for it. Why? Because you are overlooking a game that is getting absolutely tarnished by simply its renewal date. Because I'm sure everyone participating in these polls have at least played Halo, and are probably avid fans of it as well. But were you as hooked on the first one? It was never a bad game but was it good enough to beat a game that was only based on the simplicity of magic but came out a gem? Think about that. One obvious difference, is the controls. Halo didn't do a thing to differentiate theirs from any other shooting game on the Xbox. You pick up that controller, and immediately start playing because it followed the exact same principal as the how many others before it. But that was never a problem, not even remotely, in Paladins Quest. In fact, its system was one that you had ever rarely seen before. When menu's would pop up and your were given options, they put themselves on different sides of your screen. Why? So it would only take a tap of the dee pad in that direction to do that command. And guess what! Weapons worked the exact same way. If you felt like it, you could even hit an opponent with your shield. Even the stories are at least a little different, I mean, when does Halo ever give you even the slightest option of what to do? It's scripted, there is no exploring, and no quests. You're doing one task, nothing more, nothing less. But this means that there can be giant spaces in between, something a solidly crafted RPG never allows. I mean, heck, you can't even control which characters you interact with. What kind of campaign or story mode is this? A severely overrated one, I guess. Even the whole accessibility with vehicles that they allowed, isn't even all it's cracked up to be. It's awfully awkward, taking the average person quite some while to perfect, not to mention the glitchy suspension and a range of vehicles going from unstoppable to awful. And the last thing to push PQ way over the finish line? The incredibly deep magic system that again, you still don't see much today, and even if you have, you don't see it perfected like this game had it. It has a ton of elements open for use, and if you are to buy the general crest for one of them, you will be able to cast a spell using that specific element on a single enemy. But as you use that spell more and more, it will become much more powerful, not to mention the fact that you can and sort of have to, gain more crests. Again however, it gives you a choice. If you don't want to build your magic, you don't have too, much better than Halo's "one start, one exit" style. So please, don't vote Halo because you're some fanboy, vote Paladins Quest, because it knows how to create a game.

Paladin's Quest is one of my favorite games of all time! It's without a shadow of a doubt the most underrated game, ever. It had a huge cast for its time, a lot of optional events to go through, a unique magic system where you used Health to cast spells (heal yourself and you never lose the ability to cast spells!), an innovative battle control setup, unique graphics never duplicated, and a great soundtrack. What can Halo offer in its defense? It started a series. That's nice, but we are not voting for series here. Paladin's Quest should move on here because it's the more enjoyable game of the two, and that's a massive understatement.

This is closer than I thought, Halo goes through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back