Halo 4- Officially disgracing the franchise.

The Insano Shiekh

Certified Mother Lover
In this year's E3 event, some amazing things have been showcased by companies such as Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo. Among some of these are blockbuster games such as Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, and Gears of War 3, the faces of the 2011 Fall First Person Shooters. The series of Halo has also been updated, even though Bungie has gone to pursue other endeavors. The two Halo games presented by Microsoft were Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary Edition and Halo 4. Halo CE Anniversary edition is simply the enhancement of one of the most successful games in the Xbox franchise, adding the aspect of multiplayer ability back as well. Decent game in all from looks.

The other Halo game showcased however, really brought fear into me as a Halo fan. The tagline of Halo 3 was to "finish the fight". The storyline of the game also supported that it was be the finale of Halo, making it one of the most successful trilogies in video game history. After Halo: Reach, Bungie left their contract with Microsoft, but yet, at E3, we see an announcement trailer for Halo 4. Personally, I think it's just Microsoft trying to get more money from the Halo series because there are people who are so dedicated they want every Halo game. Not only are they basically putting the storyline of the ending of Halo 3 defunct, they are also trying to be something they're not, and that's Halo makers. I for one, won't be buying it.

Now, question time.

What are your thoughts on Halo 4?

Will you buy the game?

Do you think 343 Industries can make as much of a success off of Halo as Bungie did?

343 Industries have never produced a video game, right? It's hard to say how many, if any, if the Bungie guys are still around, or if the whole studio stayed together when it was done with its Microsoft contract. Halo is the flagship franchise for the 360, I think Microsoft is too smart to let a company fuck it up. Besides, Halo Wars, Halo: Reach, ODST - those aren't the same things as Halo 4. Traditionally, when a company name a game officially as the sequel, and not just a spin-off, they deliver. I think Halo 4 will be as successful, if not moreso than the Bungie ones. Microsoft still knows how to market the shit out of Halo, and I think they'll pull through on this one too.

Yes I'd buy it.

I Understand where you are coming from, I'm a bit concerned that Microsoft with be churning out a new Halo game every years or so. I read somewhere not to long ago that Microsoft wanted to make Halo an annual franchise(whats not to say half of 343 isn't already working on a halo side project?), I really hope that's not true. If it is then they run the risk of basically thrashing it into the ground with too much overexposure of the product. It happened with Guitar Hero and its starting to happen with CoD.

That being said, I'm excited about this announcement. It has been rumored for quite some time that a Halo 4 was in development and most of us expected it at some point. I am a bit wary of the idea on a whole new trilogy though, as long as the quality doesn't suffer then I'm fine, but still its way to early to tell where they plan on going with this.

I'm not to concerned with 343, they have been heavily involved with some of the novels and story telling(such as Halo Legends) and considering since almost half of Bungie went over to 343 anyways, I'm not all that concerned. They all understand the importance that Halo is for Microsoft and they respect that so I doubt they will screw it up. From what I understand, 343 has specifically been groomed for this task and they have already been involved with the franchise for some time now so I have faith they will do just fine in following Bungies footsteps. Besides, have you seen the Halo CE anniversary remake? It looks fucking amazing. Even though the gameplay is identical to the first one in every way, I'm still anxious to get my hands on it and cream my pants full of nostalgia.

Halo 3: Finish the Fight!
Halo 4: Start a new one!

haha I can't wait to find out what to expect in this game. Who's the new threat? What kind of awesome features and weapons will be introduced and just how can they launch the series forward to keep it seem new and fresh. I do however think that next year is a bit soon, in my opinion Halo 4 would of been a perfect launch title for Microsoft's new system(whenever they decide to release it). Whatever, they have already been working on it for damn near four years already so whatever, If that means I get to play it that much sooner, then hell, I really can't complain.

But to answer your question, yes, of course I will buy this and I'm already looking forward to playing it.

I think lenguy hit the nail on the head with the "start a new one" comment. Halo is a big video game universe, and they can simply change characters, and have the action take place in different locations, with different characters, set simultaneous to the events in Halo 1-3. Wars are fought in many places at the same time, just because Master Chief was the main character for the first 3 doesn't mean they can't create a new one now. Think of it like the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight games. It's Star Wars, takes place during the same timeline as the movies and afterward, but the main character isn't Luke, Han, Chewie or Leia, it's Kyle Katarn.

343 Industries have never produced a video game, right? It's hard to say how many, if any, if the Bungie guys are still around, or if the whole studio stayed together when it was done with its Microsoft contract. Halo is the flagship franchise for the 360, I think Microsoft is too smart to let a company fuck it up. Besides, Halo Wars, Halo: Reach, ODST - those aren't the same things as Halo 4. Traditionally, when a company name a game officially as the sequel, and not just a spin-off, they deliver. I think Halo 4 will be as successful, if not moreso than the Bungie ones. Microsoft still knows how to market the shit out of Halo, and I think they'll pull through on this one too.

Yes I'd buy it.

Actually, the people from Bungie who created Halo stayed with Microsoft and went to 343 to actually help make the new series of games. And to be completely honest, I'm honestly okay with that. Even with them using Master Chief, I find nothing wrong with what 343 and Microsoft are doing.

Halo is the game that put Xbox on the map... it's their Sonic or Mario for Sega and Nintendo... It's a franchise series that needs to stick with the console that made it. Sure, Bungie's not going to be the company who makes it but a lot of the designers that did initially make Halo CE - Reach (minus Wars) are still in 343.

Besides, if COD was allowed to continue after COD 4 and continue with spin-off titles, why can't Halo do the same?

Lest we not forget for those who completed the game on Legendary (or watched on youtube) the extended ending shows Master Chief in the pod floating towards some planet, leaving it ambigious.

Yeah so they're making another game just because the Flood and Covenent were defeated doesn't mean there's not some other evil alien race to defeat.

Actually, the people from Bungie who created Halo stayed with Microsoft and went to 343 to actually help make the new series of games. And to be completely honest, I'm honestly okay with that. Even with them using Master Chief, I find nothing wrong with what 343 and Microsoft are doing.

Halo is the game that put Xbox on the map... it's their Sonic or Mario for Sega and Nintendo... It's a franchise series that needs to stick with the console that made it. Sure, Bungie's not going to be the company who makes it but a lot of the designers that did initially make Halo CE - Reach (minus Wars) are still in 343.

Besides, if COD was allowed to continue after COD 4 and continue with spin-off titles, why can't Halo do the same?

So then which Bungie guys went to make their own studio? I'm confused now.

1. Thoughts on Halo 4?

My thoughts, Holiday 2012 can't get here soon enough. I'm a big, big, big Halo fan boy. Have played the series since the first Holiday it came out ten years ago. My Bond playing friends gravitated towards this series, and we've pretty much not looked away since. Sure we've lost some to the trendy Call of Duty series, but I'll take the fun and crazy physics of Halo over the painstakingly too realistic game play of COD.

2. Will you buy the game?
I would put my pre-order down now if given the option.

3. Thoughts on 343i taking over?
Good for them. I love what Bungie did with the series, but they were wanting to branch out. I honestly don't have a problem with it. I'm a fan of all the games. I know people bitch about AA's in Reach, but to that I say, you suck. I honestly hope 343i keeps in Armor Lock just to spite the angry trolls.

As far as 343i, most of the guys working there are former Bungie employees. Both have already worked together with DLC for Halo Reach. Hell, 343i will be taking over Reach matchmaking after Bungie Day this year. 343i will be running Reach matchmaking, relaunching CE:Anniversary and using the Reach multiplayer for 1 1/2 years before Halo 4 comes out. I'm pretty positive they'll be able to make it work.

As far as the finality of Halo 3, it was the finale of that story. The covenant and Flood storylines look to be over. There has always been that giant mystery of what happened to the Forerunners, and it looks that we'll be finding out. You can't honestly believe that Halo was going to be done. It's like how God of War 3 was supposed to be the last adventure for Kratos. God of War and Halo make way too much money for Sony and Microsoft to stop making games. Studios may change, but the characters will go on.

I loved Halo Wars and and that was the last Halo game i Enjoyed. Halo Reach didnt live up to the hype and you already knew the Fucking Ending! The one thing i love about Halo are the Easter Eggs. Wieldable Scarab gun, Monkey man in ODST, Rooster Teeth in Halo 3, Tribute room and Pelican/Phantom in Reach. I would say Halo 4 will be a Halo 2. Rushed and Blatantly Flawed game that Everyone Will like better than the Previous game.

I loved Halo Wars and and that was the last Halo game i Enjoyed. Halo Reach didnt live up to the hype and you already knew the Fucking Ending! The one thing i love about Halo are the Easter Eggs. Wieldable Scarab gun, Monkey man in ODST, Rooster Teeth in Halo 3, Tribute room and Pelican/Phantom in Reach. I would say Halo 4 will be a Halo 2. Rushed and Blatantly Flawed game that Everyone Will like better than the Previous game.
Am i the only one that enjoyed the 1st Flood mission in CE?
EDIT: Sorry about Double Post

So is your complaint that its not made by Bungie anymore?

Well what about when Fallout went from whoever was previously making those , to Bethesda and then blew up big time , though Bethesda is well known for Oblivion and such

I think just cause its going to be made by different people is not a good reason to automatically dismiss it as crap

Will I buy it? I don't know , I gave up on Halo after Halo 3 because it seemed to redundant w/ no real new features , we'll see though. I think new developers might could give the game new life and make it more interesting personally

naaa.I enjoyed Halo 1 and 2 the most.3 was alright but better then the rest.Everything else was meh.I expect 4 to be a failure or meh worthy.Wont be getting it.Either way.Maybe a rent.IDK.Im expecting to get Gears of war 3,Modern Warfare 3 and Assasins Creed:revelations.Thats a lot of money being spent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back