3 Hour Raw Rating is...

Slyfox696

Excellence of Execution

"The 3 hour King of the Ring edition of Raw last night scored hours of 2.4, 3.26, 3.43 for a 3.0 composite cable rating with 4.5 million viewers."

This proves three things.

1) King of the Ring is boring...just like I've always said.

2) Wrestling heavy shows on free TV do not draw well...just like I've always said.

3) It's time to bring this sig back...
RKO_thumb.jpg

you shouldve used my signature word at the top of your post to describe the ratings. it truly fits here.

wow. vince is gonna burst a blood vessel. Title change time this sunday. and draft time shortly there after/

The whole KOTR idea was stupid, they put shitty guys like Khali and Horny in it, they had Regal win. I mean if they announce who is in it ahead of time, and its guys like HHH, Cena, Taker, Edge, Orton, HBK, Show, ect. you think it would have drawn better? Yes. This is just another dumb move by WWE which exploaded in there face.

Regarding Orton, considering this night was advertised as being about the KOTR, I dont think you can blame Orton, but it will probably happen. I like his chances at keeping the title even less now, HHH is probably taking it because in his mind he probably thinks him as champ will raise the ratings. And yes the draft is coming, it has too, wrestling is stale right now because there are no new rivalries.

This is my idea, you want to raise Raw's ratings? Its simple, Orton retains, Taker retains, send Orton to Smackdown in the draft and send Taker to Raw. I frowned on this idea a couple weeks ago, but now it is appearent this is necessary and will probably happen, I mean Taker was the last man standing in the ring Last Night and he is from Smackdown, could be a sign, I sure hope so. Taker to Raw, fueding with HBK and HHH=way better ratings.

There are are just far more options for a face champ. plain and simple. something HAS to give this weekend, because they are wasting EVERY contender Orton has in one match. Title change sunday, or a draft very soon.....

Well, I do think that the KOTR is boring....and I agree with the fact that more wrestling draws less viewers. But I don't agree with Randy being the cause.

As you could see, the 8-9 hour drew the lowest rating...I think this more has to do with the fact, that some people were probably unaware that RAW was starting at 8 last night...happens to me sometimes when there are special timed shows. Some individuals obviously tuned in for the normal 9 p.m time...because from then on you can see ratings rose to the "norm" for RAW these days...people must have been wondering what happened for them to miss an hour of the show. I myself would be one of them if my friend didn't remind me...so maybe WWE should have put more emphasis on the new time...I don't know.

But the blame can't be put on Randy that's for sure....he wasn't even the focal point last night (as usual). In fact, only last week or week before, I think it was that Randy was heavily hyped with those commercials on USA...saying who he has beat etc. So it isn't his fault.

WWE needs to pull up their socks though, they're losing more viewers each week.

I think it's funny how when ratings are increasing, it's Cena's fault that they aren't 5's and 6's. And yet, when ratings are tanking, it's not Orton's fault. I love it.

King of the Ring is boring. Always has been, always will be. "But Slyfox" some of you may whine, "look at all the people it's put over in the past". Big deal. Those guys would have gotten over anyway. Do you really think that one night of matches automatically makes fans say "Hey, that guy is great, let's spend all our money on him now"? Of course not.

Face it. KOTR is boring, wrestling on TV doesn't draw, and Orton needs to be removed as champion.

Sly, dont you also find it funny that everyone bashed Cena's title reighn as being same ol shit, yet Orton's title defenses all go damn near the exact same way??

Cena's reighn > Ortons reighn

yea I said it.

I agree Cena's reign was great, never given its do.

Let me ask you something....a KOTR tournament on Raw with Taker, HHH, HBK, Cena, Orton, Edge, Big Show, and Chris Jericho would not draw monster ratings? The KOTR did not work, that is obvious, it was done poorley by WWE, advertise who is going to be in it and have those stars in it, WWE would have gotton a very good rating.

Yup it is gone, can never be brought back, I mean you had Regal win it, how on earth are you going to say its important when you have the GM of a show win it. This could have been great and it was botched.

There is only one cause for these mediocre ratings and that is....

Missssssssssssssssssssssssssssttttttttttttttttttttteeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Kennnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedddddddddddddddddddyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Isn't here.

Kennedyyyy. Everytime Kennedy leaves, it has been proven that ratings usually flop. In that case. Kennedy = Draw. Push him :)

I like how the blame is on the King of the Ring when the simple answer is the WWE is pure shit right now. It's amazing how good of a show they put on 4 weeks ago, and we're stuck with crap like Barack vs. Hilary. Probably the same person that decided Rosie vs. Donald was comedy gold.

Well, lets hope WWE gets the jist with this rating....no more of that dumb shit like the Obama-Hillary thing. that was pushed and advertised harder than KOR....

Yeah, you can't dog KOTR when Hornswoggle and Khali are in the tournament. Blame the WWE.

No, Triple H needs the belt. Should win it this Sunday.

HHH > Cena.

As for WWE, they should have had about 15 Mr Kennedy return promos this week, that way people will be glued to their TV sets to blast up to a 4.0.

Never been one to bash Cena, was tired of him being shoved down my throat though.

Anyway, I'll be the first one to admit that there is a similarity in Cena and Orton's Reigns in that they're beat down...and come back etc.

But there's some justification when it comes to Randy's case, the RKO....the RKO is built up as a sudden move that comes out of nowhere. Doesn't have to be set up...it can just happen. And that's where they're going with Orton, just when you think he's gonna lose...boom...RKO.

Now Cena is basically the same thing with his 5 moves of Doom, the difference is that Cena is TIRELESSLY built as an underdog...only to overcome the odds and that it was done for the better part of the damn year.

Another thing is that in the match, at least Randy dictates some of the offense, in Cena's title defenses...he took all the offense until he hit his 5 moves and won. Hell, even in Randy vs. Cena at summerslam, Cena took the brunt of the damage for most of the match...and then he hit a FU and that was it. As usual.

You cannot say that it is the exact same thing, because it isn't....can you honestly say that in any of Cena's title defenses of the last year...except maybe the ones against Lashley and Orton that you thought that Cena was actually gonna lose regardless of him being built as the underdog?

And the only title defense matches that Randy took the brunt of the damage and pulled an RKO out of the blue was maybe the one against Jeff....and a bit against HBK...the others have sadly ended in DQ...booking. And the only instance where Randy went in where people never thought he could win...was wrestlemania. Unlike Cena who was always portrayed to be "against the odds" etc etc. only for him to overcome them.

The only time I'd say Randy's title defenses were predictable was them ending in DQ....but that's booking's fault for building him weakly. When Randy "overcomes the odds"- the one instance, he was thought to have NO CHANCE of winning- it was unpredictable.

When Cena did it for the last year...it was predictable and boring.

It was announced on Raw last night that Ken Kennedy will return to television on next week's show. The plan going into the weekend was for him to work last night's show and end up in the King of the Ring tournament finals against CM Punk. Obviously that planned was changed and Kennedy will return to the company after Backlash. Kennedy has been away from WWE filming a straight-to-DVD movie in Puerto Rico.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Is WWE fucking stupid? Hornswoggle and Khali, but hold him off.

Fucking bullshit.

I think the Presidential thing is a bigger part than the KOR problem. The tournament wasn't that bad as there wasn't really an advertisement for who was going to be in it. We all knew the Obama Clinton thing was going to be one of the top 10 dumbest things of all time, and so did everyone that saw it advertised. There's no way any of the candidates would actually be on raw live. If you wanted better ratings, advertise like this: Tune into raw next week to see the Samoan Bulldozer Umaga give his perspective on the Presidential elections. I'd be watching, that's for sure.

and BTW wes is right.

fucking turn Kennedy into the austin esque star he is meant to be. fucking do it. for fucks sake. what more provocation do they fucking need.

I feel bad for JR and the King when NorCal goes apeshit when Triple H is the second guy eliminated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back