Raw Rating.

Y-2-Jay

Pre-Show Stalwart
This week's edition of WWE RAW drew a 3.14 (3.1) cable rating, with 4.8 million viewers. The show did hours of 3.03 (3.0) and 3.25 (3.3).

The Rock's TV return was watched by 5.7 million viewers which was a near 1 million increase.

The Rock's TV return was watched by 5.7 million viewers which was a near 1 million increase.

5.7 million viewers would be equivalent to a very high rating during the attitude era. I'm honestly only looking forward to next week's rating, I'm expecting a huge number

5.7 million viewers would be equivalent to a very high rating during the attitude era. I'm honestly only looking forward to next week's rating, I'm expecting a huge number

No it wouldn't. Average ratings for Raw in the Attitude Era were between 5-7.0 in the Nielsen ratings, or about twice what last night's Raw did.

5.7 million doesn't mean it got a 5.7 rating. 5.7 million is about a 3.7-3.8 rating.

No it wouldn't. Average ratings for Raw in the Attitude Era were between 5-7.0 in the Nielsen ratings, or about twice what last night's Raw did.

The rating point has changed and changes frequently. It changes every august. I wish there was a simple website that kept track of that shit.

An extra million tuning into watch the over run speaks volumes though.

Those are pretty good numbers considering The Rock wasn't advertised. I'm curious to see what they draw next week.

I suspect we'll see an overall 4.0. The combination of the fallout from the Chamber, The Rock's appearance last week, 2-21-2011 revelation and just being on the Road to Mania should give them that 4.0.

Is the Rock even guaranteed to be on the show next week? Up until the overrun the ratings have been about the worst for a RTWM period that I can find. Will be interesting to see if finally giving people something to care about changes that.

Yeah, but a 5.7 rating then would probably be equivalent to around a 4.0 rating today. A couple of years ago I saw a Neilsen rating chart that suggests what I'm saying. In other words, cable audiences grow bigger every year. RAW ratings of today may not be as bad as it looks sometimes

There were more people watching wrestling on January 4th last year than there were at points towards the end of the Monday Night Wars, in spite of the ratings being FAR lower. Ratings on their own are pretty much meaningless when comparing the number of viewers watching shows years apart.

There were more people watching wrestling on January 4th last year than there were at points towards the end of the Monday Night Wars, in spite of the ratings being FAR lower. Ratings on their own are pretty much meaningless when comparing the number of viewers watching shows years apart.

Yeah, I agree. It makes you wonder about the fact that RAW's ratings remain steady every year. Instead of people looking at it as a negative, it could actually mean a very good thing. Wrestling in general may not be as unpopular as some may or want to, believe.

Finding what Nielsen points are equal to over the years is damn near impossible. Others have hit it on the head though, a 5.7 10 years ago is not the same as today.

I'm completely making a guess, but a 5.7 from 1999 could very well be equal to something around a 4.5 today. If someone could find out the right information, please let me know.

Yeah but a 5.7 rating in the Attitude Era would have been a disappointment around 98-01, they were routinely in the 6-7 point range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back