2010 WWE is going to Suck

Well no one really knew Bret Hart would be the main eventer he was and be it so quick out of nowhere. Wrestlers in the past have out of nowhere become house hold names and mega stars in WWE. Guys like

Bret Hart
Diesel
Brock Lesnar
Kane

I'm sure theres more to list. But it always shows some guy can come in and in one year be the star of the company, or "A" star of the company. Some rookie could come out next month and be the guy main eventing WM26, Brock did it who says it cant happen again. Diesel was a body guard for WM10 and at WM11 he was the main event. Another name. Yokozuna wasn;t in the company for WM8 and he was the WWF champion for WM9 and WM10.

So as its always been said "anything can happen".

Why are people getting so freaked out about Undertaker, HBK and Batista retiring? Anybody take a look at Tna's roster? Big Poppa Pump, JJ, booker, Foley, Sting, Angle, Nash.... Pretty much all their draws are above 40.... Lashely has no real track record of drawing fans and Aj Styles is not John Cena which means he can't draw fans like Cena while he's a better wrestler...People are saying that the wwe better be ready, i'm saying tna better be ready to not go out of business....They're superstars are exhausted and are one injury away from hello retirement.... WWe is still so much more established, with jericho, edge, hardy's , cm punk, orton, and more all decent draws.... TNA is so concentrated at the top, that in a few years i wouldn't be survived if their ratings fall through the roof after 2-3 years.... I dunno just my opinion.... However i will say that whatever is happening right now is terrific... Both companies are put on terrific shows and they're both really entertaining which ultimately is the best thing for all....

I think the more leave, the more the fans are seeing that they have no place in WWE anymore. WWE is back to where it was in 1994-95. Bad booking and dumb storylines and no one to work with.

How the fuck anyone can possiably think WWE will be unable to fill the void left by Taker and HBK is beyond me, do people not remember HBK was out of the WWE for 5 fucking years, and things worked out perfectly fine

Michaels was never actually totally out of the picture for a whole year except 2001, where he was never seen at all. He wrestled Austin at 'Mania in '98 and then left with his back injury. Then not too long after that he did the Commissioner role, and was involved with Rock and Triple H's storylines on and off into 2000.

But still your right. Everything moved on. We witnessed the debut and rise of Kurt Angle, Chris Jericho, Chris Beniot, Eddie Guerrero, and Edge. Great storylines with the McMahon's, The Rock, and Triple H.

WWE will carry on like it always has.

It's the business. It's any business, it's how things work. Do you really think Vince is going to quit the business because of this? The Undertaker is top 5 all-time all-around performers, but we've grown accustomed to him only working half the year, we'll be able to come to grips with him. He'll be tough or me because I've always liked the Undertaker, but it's not going to have a shock attached to it. And HBK, well, he's just tough to watch anymore barring a top flight opponent. He's legendary and one of the best to ever step in the ring, but that doesn't entertain 10 year olds who don't know anything about his history. Shawn works limited schedules, anyways.

WWE worked the Rumble, Elimination Chambers, and Wrestlemania without Batista, which was a better stretch (pre-Mania) than when Batista was carrying RAW without Cena.

You know what the actual closest problem to the WWE being in real trouble was? The Rock, SCSA, Brock Lesnar, and Goldberg all basically hit the deck at the same time. Vince's response? Push Orton, Cena, and Edge to the moon, and bring back legends for name recognition.

The WWE will push on regardless of who is on the roster. It's not like they don't have star appeal to keep people intersted and keep the cash flowing in simply because 3 limited workers are hanging it up.

Look, I am an Undertaker fan since almost 20 years, I know he at some point is retiring,, it is going to suck but we live goes on, is to going to be the same but it will continue and it will be different. Same can be said for Shawn, when this is going to happen? well who knows, maybe next year or maybe the next one.

The fact that some one misunderstood that the "Rest in Peace" tour is the "Retirement" tour for the Undertaker is something else to add here.

Every year there is a rumor of Taker Retiring and every year it is a false one, now, every year it comes closer to be true but everyone is taking it like it is happening tomorrow.

The WWE will survive as always and contrary to what a lot of people would like to see, is not going down any time soon. they survived Hogan, Stone Cold and others, They have a roster over 70 guys. They have one of the best, if not the best heels in the business in Edge, They have they Merchandise guy in John Cena, They have the very popular Jeff Hardy (and he will be more popular if some one gives the guy a break), They have HHH (love him or hate him, the guy is popular, maybe not as much but they are trying him to be more and more every day) and they have more guys that can help build better.

The hit will be hard at first but life will go on for the WWE.

As far as Batista goes, well, he is popular, but has not been there more than eight years, sorry but he is not leaving a big mark in the company just yet. It will be like when he has been injured, only longer.

people got to stop crying about how they miss stars like rock, austin, hogan, bret. get over it thats life. we cant live in the past. hbk nd undertaker gone from wwe im happy for them. they did alot nd will be in the hof soon. now we can look forward to new stars like morrison, mvp, christian, punk, nd benjamine. things cant stay the same for ever nd 10yrs from now we wont have edge, triple h, kane, cena, nd the hardy's. get use to it

Exactly, life goes on and when Ted Dibiase and Cody Rodes retire in like 15 years, someone else will come along.

taker is my favorite of all time. so him leaving for me personally is going to really suck. never really cared that much for hbk. and i cannot wait until batista leaves. but i am sure the wwe will be just fine. we also got morrison, punk, kofi, orton, rhodes, dibiase, smith, swagger, edge, benjamin. so we're good.

Are you kidding? WWE in 2010 is going to fucking rule. I love Taker and HBK as much as the next guy, but if they retire, we need new maineventers. Up and coming stars will rise up, and become new headliners.

As for Batista retiring, whatever. He's Batista. Meh.

In the year 2004, the WWE lost a few of it's main eventers:
- Lesnar: left WWE to try out for football
- Goldberg: contract expired, left WWE
- Angle: left for some months because of many injuries

In return, Eddie Guerrero, Benoit, JBL, Randy Orton, Edge rose to the main event scene (with Orton losing that momentum when they turned him face), which was quite good and quite refreshing. In other words, if HBK, Take and Batista leave their spots will be filled up by figures like:
- John Morrison
- Shelton Benjamin
- Swagger
- MVP
- Matt Hardy (maybe).
- Jeff Hardy (maybe).

It's also depending if the current WWE main eventers (Edge, Cena, HHH, Orton) are willing to job to the upcoming future of this business.

J.R has debunked both retirements. The Rest in Peace tour isn't a retirement one, and J.R said that many superstars review their life a bit to much at Wrestlemania and Shawn might have said in passing he was considering retiring next year but a lot can change untill then.

He's not working many house shows, is still in top feuds, must make a lot of money, he's got it pretty good.

I mean think about it. Shawn Michaels says he is retiring after Wrestlemania next year, Undertaker is also retiring which is beginning with the Rest in Peace Tour, and also (Even though I don't like him) Batista says he has one year left and he is leaving.

What I ask you, is how devasting will this be for the entire WWE after they are gone

Personally I think it is a good thing. I may get abuse for it but I don't like Batista, Undertaker has one meaningful match a year at WrestleMania and HBK is not the HBK of old. However, any younger wrestler can get an instant rub with a feud against any of the three. If the rumours are true, all should elevate at least one mid card superstar to Main Event level before their retirement. HBK and Taker I can see doing this, Batista not so much.

If they all elevate a superstar the WWE can live on. People will take their place and can start making their own mark on the business. Anyone from Punk to Kofi to MVP to Morrison with the right kind of push can be a main event talent. These talents could have already been there but for the older superstars being in the way. Getting rid of these three, and Big Show, and putting HHH into a legend role like Taker and HBK have now away from the title, and the business will flourish.

People thought when the Rock and Austin left the WWE would suffer, but it got tgrough a few rough years and is now in another great spell. Cena, Orton, Edge, Jericho are all in or nearing their prime and will be around for a few more years yet. They are more than capable of carrying the company. An opportunity for them to do it is all they need.

It's also depending if the current WWE main eventers (Edge, Cena, HHH, Orton) are willing to job to the upcoming future of this business.

Exactly. The time to start preparing for the transition is right now. WWE can't wait until Taker/HBK and to a lesser extent Batista are gone, then start pushing guys into the void. They need to be pushed now with some wins over the established stars so that they can just step right into to the main event.

A couple of guys will breakout and explode into the main event, they always do. It's just a matter of who seizes the opportunity, and someone will.

The only thing that really worries me is WrestleMania. Undertaker and HBK always bring it at WM. Heck, they saved WM25. WM booking has to improve and not rely on The Streak and Mr. Wrestlemania/The Show Stopper to carry the event.

WWE is going to survive.
Shawn Michaels is a legend. Enough said. He has passed the torch to many young athletes since his 2002 return. He has done his job well. Might be nice to see one more title reign from him though.
The Undertaker is not far of 30 years straight taking time for injuries away from that. He is the most dedicated wrestler in WWE history. He deserves to retire there is no doubt at all in that.
Batista is nothing special in my eyes. Just another beefed up guy who had nothing else he could get millions out of. Batista is a good fan favorite. I'd like to see him heel again before he does call it a day.

WWE has incredible amounts of talent thriving on its rosters.

Jeff Hardy - I believe that this guy, if he can keep on the straight and narrow. Could become the most popular WWE superstar of all time. The reaction he gets at a live event is phenomenal. It doesn't matter where in the world it is. I have never heard ANYONE BOO Jeff. A 17 year veteran as well. Well more like 13 probably taking away the time he took away from WWE.

Edge - 17 year vet. 12 time tag champ. 8 time World champ. IC, US, King of the Ring, Money in the Bank. All accomplishments to this tremendous athlete. He can thrive in any given situation. I have never seen a bad match from him. Put him in any match type and he will innovate beyond belief.

John Cena - He is arguably the most passionate man on the WWE roster. He is a great PERFORMER not wrestler, PERFORMER. There is few who can out perform him. He can tell incredible stories in his matches. It's difficult to find someone who is as humble as him as well. He will never tell you how popular he is, his crowd reaction does that for him. Like Michael Cole says; "No one envokes as much emotion in the WWE Universe as John Cena."

Matt Hardy - I want to believe that WWE is big enough for Matt and Jeff. But with the two being real life brothers, if one becomes a multiple time World Champion, and the other a upper mid card jobber, it's going to be difficult and a strain on such a close brotherly relationship. Matt has incredible talent, he works great as a heel. I have said this before, I think Matt, in the spirit of severing all ties from Jeff should change his ring name. This is the only way that I think both brother can succeed in WWE.

CM Punk - Simply put this man is the most versitile wrestler. He has so many technical holds he can utilize, so many high-flying tactics, great attacks with his legs and arms. He is probably one of the few who can do both Heel and Face to a believable standard. He has a bright future.

John Morrison - One of the most athletic wrestlers ever in WWE. He cannot put a foot wrong in the squared circle. He has a unique look, great skills on the microphone. There are few things this guy lacks. He will become a big part of WWE in the upcoming years.

There are so many others who I haven't mentioned; MVP, Kennedy, Carlito, Shelton Benjamin, Christian, Jack Swagger, Evan Bourne.

Need I go on really?

As much as I like Taker, Batista & HBK, WWE survive without them, Michales was gone for 4 years and they did fine without him, Taker regularly takes breaks from TV without any noticable decline in rating/PPV buyrates, Batista will be a loss, after Cena he's arguably the most popular with the young fans but if they got over the loss of Goldberg, Lesnar, Rock and Austin within a year of each other in 03/04 they'll surivive this, I actually think this will be a blessing in disguise, even know Taker & Shawn are legends and I'm one of the few people (on the internet anyway) who actually likes Batista.

People forget that unlike TNA, most of WWE's top guys are in their prime and have years ahead of them, Cena, Orton, Edge, Hardy etc will still be around for years, and with the likes of Morrison, Punk, MVP, Swagger, Kennedy, Kofi, Bourne, Shelton, Carlito, Christian, Matt Hardy being pushed, a good amount of them will be main eventing within 2 years, I actually think WWE's future looks better than it has in a while, I don't recall a time in the past decade when they have had such a good group of people who could be pushed and aren't past their best.

You see, I don't see why people think this is a bad thing. It's most definitely not. Undertaker and HBK have both been at the forefront for a long, long time. People were freaking out about everything when Hulk fucking Hogan left the WWF/E. What happened? A mere 4 years later they started to pull bigger numbers and had the most successful era in wrestling to date. With ratings and merchandise sales being as hgh as ever.

Am I going to be sad to see them go? Of course, they were a big part of my childhood and the memories are there with them. But it is time to start moving on and putting new superstars over. Which is what Vince will do, hes got a plethora of new talent to push, and eventually it will not matter that these three are gone.

yes when taker, hbk and batista retire its goin to be a different look but when you think about it when was the last time all 3 of them wrestled the whole year with out time off or an injury? the wwe did just fine... im sure this same question rose when hogan was getting old... wwe survived... i think wwe has a safe future and i can see all 3 wrestlers doing special appearance kinda like roddy piper and hogan...

wwe has all the talent they need for the future... EDGE will go down as one of the best champions ever, best heel in the business and he has some mileage left, john cena is 30 now a good 10 more years... jericho has maybe 5 years being he is 39 or 40... morrison is gonna be huge soon... CM Punk best technically skilled wrestler in the wwe right now... the hardys need i say more? MVP, Mr. Kennedy, the Colons, Swagger, Bourne and many more... WWE WILL BE FINE!

first off this is my first post of many trust me.

HBK can still hack it with any wrestle you put him in the ring with. He is by far one of a hand full of wrestles who could still do the hr match if he were asked. he will be deeply missed as a stud plain and simple.

UT- Wow who would have thought his gimick would last this long. he to will be missed people fear the deadman. he has prayed onto wreslters for 20+ years. he wont be missed as much as HBK I dont think

Batista- the WWE was fine when he was hurt and will be fine when he is not there

Main eventers we have now

Cena- Carries the company
HHH- Son - In - Law is all I can say. plus I read somthing last year where he was talking to this younger talent who was upset because he hadnt won any titles yet and HHH replies " Son you have done nothing different in the 6 years you have been here that is why you havent won anything" HHH regaurdless of marrying Stephanie has worked his tail off for this Company.

Edge- I hate him but he is good

Orton Same thing

I wish they would give the smackdown belt to CJ and let him and Edge fued.

I liked what I saw from Swagger

Swagger, Bourne, Hardy's, Punk, Morrison, Christian, Carlito, Ken Kennedy Rhodes, Ted DiBiase, MVP, Kofi, Santino,
(laugh all you want Charlie Haas),Dolph Ziggler , Jimmy Wang Yang , R-truth, Hurricane Helms,Tyson Kidd.

those are the names I wish they would try and see what they can do against the Big Dawgs. Jack Swagger put on a good shoing against Cena.

any thoughts

After Shawn Michaels "retires", he said he would come back to wrestle the occasional PPV and TV spot. He really just wants to spend more time with his family. It would also be good for his back and knee issues. Undertaker is in the same boat. No one would argue the Undertaker wrestling the occasional match. I never thought Batista was great in the ring, he's too predictable.

The company has the talent, they just really have to start utilizing it and pushing the younger guys. Put the IC and US titles on the line more on television. Put it right before the main event and really hype it; make it seem more important, like the WWF used to. Make the guys work their tails off during the matches, because hard workers who put on good matches will get over.

Jeff Hardy - I believe that this guy, if he can keep on the straight and narrow. Could become the most popular WWE superstar of all time. The reaction he gets at a live event is phenomenal. It doesn't matter where in the world it is. I have never heard ANYONE BOO Jeff. A 17 year veteran as well. Well more like 13 probably taking away the time he took away from WWE.

Jeff Hardy has asked for a release. He will be leaving this summer most likely.

Michaels passed the torch to a bunch of young athletes? Huh? I count Jericho and Jeff Hardy. He got his win back over pretty much every other young guy he put over, and some of the young guys he put over didn't need putting over (ie: Cena... Wait, he got that back too!).

Michaels and Taker will be missed when their time comes, but they take enough time off already for it not to be a HUGE loss.

Batista was hardly missed during his latest injury. I love the guy more than most, but it's true.

WWE has plenty of young prospects in the tubes. At the end of the day, the faith is strong.

Jeff Hardy has asked for a release. He will be leaving this summer most likely.

Wait, what? LINKSTFU! Do you not realize how potentially awesome this could be? No more Jeff Hardy = dream come true. It would suck from a business standpoint. But who cares? He'd be gone and I go live in peace without that idiot's pathetic promo ability, constant fuck ups and poor matches.

As much as you think it would help move up MVP, it really woludn't. People don't get into MVP's matches, and really never will. He could never get a crowd excited for numerous PPVs to see if he would win the big one, or what he'd do next.

Heck, MVP has to actually get on a PPV, first. Maybe he should shave his ridiculous beard, get out of his power ranger halloween custome, and start working the fans more.

I have nothing against you, I actually think you're one of the better posters. But to think Jeff puts on bad matches is flat out wrong, especially with MVP in your sig.

As much as you think it would help move up MVP, it really woludn't. People don't get into MVP's matches, and really never will.

Oh for the love of christ. Have you even paid attention to his face turn so far? He's pretty damn over in such a short time.

He could never get a crowd excited for numerous PPVs to see if he would win the big one, or what he'd do next.

:rolleyes:

He had that Wrestlemania crowd pretty excited every single time he got near a ladder.

Heck, MVP has to actually get on a PPV, first. Maybe he should shave his ridiculous beard, get out of his power ranger halloween custome, and start working the fans more.

This proves you haven't watched shit. Since he turned face, he's always working the fans.

Power Ranger suit? It's wrestling gear, and the new ones look a hell of alot better than the ones he debuted with. Hardy wrestles with dumb looking sleeves, goofy looking facepaint, scrubby shirts, rainbowed hair and emo pants with a towel hanging out of them. You should be the LAST and I mean absolute LAST fans to talk about someones wrestling gear.

But to think Jeff puts on bad matches is flat out wrong, especially with MVP in your sig.

Do you remember Jeff and MVP's feud? Do you remember who carried Jeff's ass through that entire feud? It was MVP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back