• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Are you afraid that WWE might suffer from retirements?

they will suffer for a while but will come back. They now need to start using what veterans that they have to help build these younger guys with their promo's, in ring work, presentation, and everything that they need help with. HHH will be there for years to come he is not going anywhere.

They need to keep using edge, rey, kane, ut, HHH, to help these guys because once they are gone, someone will have to step up and no one other than Cena and Orton can do it at the moment. Miz thinks he can but no one likes him, yeah he is getting better but nothing about him says future face of company or main eventer for the rest of his career. I think a tag team revival will save the wwe if they do it correctly. We need a new LOD or Demolition imo with good managers. We have two people right now that could fill that role in Vickie and Cole. Both people you want someone to shove a sock in their mouths and the hell beaten out of them. They have people full of potential that can do it they just need the proper guidance.

Every good thing must come to an end. So many top guys retiring in a short period of time will no doubt leave a hole in the WWE that they will struggle to fill for a long time.
These things happened often enough in the past, though. The one void they never could quite fill was when the Rock and Austin left. Cena's been doing his best, but those guys were simply the toughest act to follow in the history of the business.

The WWE these days seems to have learned from the past, though. They are pushing new guys, new faces, new stars. That's the way to go. They often jump the gun, in my opinion, and make guys champion too early (Sheamus, Ziggler) instead of giving them two or three years too acclimate, but hey are definitely going in the right direction. Remember the first time Orton won the title? He was still a baby and definitely not ready, so it wasn't a big surprise when he fall flat on his face. A couple of years later and he is there to stay.

That's why Sheamus is back on the lower mid-card now. It was too much too soon. He became this novelty act because he was still new, but novelty acts have a short shelf life. It's the guys that paid their dues that stay on top once they reach it. A good stew needs time to simmer. Sheamus will be on top again, and the next time he'll hopefully be ready.

Everywhere from football to wrestling has to have retirements and at one time or another there will be a few retirements at once.

I don't think WWE will suffer too much, yes the wrestlers retiring will leave a 'hole' so to speak but there are plenty of people able to step up.

CM Punk has endless amounts of potential at being a huge star for WWE as does Daniel Bryan, Del Rio and even the Miz. As long as WWE builds these guys around the 'older' guys then we could have a few stars for the next 10 years. The only problem WWE has is that they are trying to create new stars but in the old wrestlers shadows, the reason The Rock, Stone Cold etc became as big as they were was because they were allowed to be something new. WWE needs to stop slapping old gimmicks on their new wrestlers and allow them to become something completley new...

In all honesty, I am looking forward to more of a changing of the guard and I'm hopeful that we'll get more fresh faces after Wrestlemania is over.

I hope to see more John Morrison and Dolph Ziggler, and less Undertaker and HHH.

I look forward to more from Alberto del Rio and the debut of Sin Cara and a passing of the torch by Edge and Rey Mysterio.

Not to say I am pushing anyone out the door, but more that I want to see what I feel is overdue change and more variety rather than the same 4 or 5 guys receiving 70% of the 'facetime' on each show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back