2010 WWE is going to Suck

DeadMan5000

Dark Match Winner
I mean think about it. Shawn Michaels says he is retiring after Wrestlemania next year, Undertaker is also retiring which is beginning with the Rest in Peace Tour, and also (Even though I don't like him) Batista says he has one year left and he is leaving.

What I ask you, is how devasting will this be for the entire WWE after they are gone

Doesn't really matter whether Batista leaves, I never really thought he was much of anything.

But yeah HBK and 'Taker leaving... probably the only two current legends will be devastating, it's an honor that I got to watch Undertaker for this long and still surprised he's active.

So it'll just be HHH and Cena as it is now for maybe another year but hopefully someone like Morrison who I think has potential will get pushed. Though what would have been great was Reagal's heel push before he was suspended, he deserves a damn title and I'm still bitter about it.

I don't feel like Morrison/MVP/Kofi could really match up to the early 00s main eventers - do you look forward to their promos compared to say a Rock promo? The only guy who has the ability to do an entertaining promo is Jericho, but I'm totally not liking this whole legends angle.

Yes, but as I've said before, wrestlers come and go and it always turns out ok. I mean, people were probably freaking out when Hogan left, but it was all alright in the end. Main eventers like Orton, Cena and Triple H will be still at the top of their game and up and comers like Morrison, MVP and Swagger will be climbing the ranks. Everything will be alright by the time those guys are done.

I mean think about it. Shawn Michaels says he is retiring after Wrestlemania next year, Undertaker is also retiring which is beginning with the Rest in Peace Tour, and also (Even though I don't like him) Batista says he has one year left and he is leaving.

What I ask you, is how devasting will this be for the entire WWE after they are gone

The WWE needs to use 2009 To bring the new stars to main event prominance, I hope they at least give shawn one last title run and have young upstart beat him for the title before he semi retires next year, because they need to bring guy like Morrison, Rhodes, Dibiase, The Canadian Bulldog, MVP, the list is endless, develope the talent and bring them up to the main event so that guys like shawn and taker can pass the torch before they make their way out, otherwise the WWE is gonna pay for it later1

I don't feel like Morrison/MVP/Kofi could really match up to the early 00s main eventers - do you look forward to their promos compared to say a Rock promo? The only guy who has the ability to do an entertaining promo is Jericho, but I'm totally not liking this whole legends angle.

On the contrary, I think Morrison is fucking genious. He's by far my favorite superstar on the roster of all brands right now. He's a fantastic all around wrestler/martial artist/high flyer/tag teamer/etc. Not to mention if you go to a live show with him, women scream bloody murder. If you watch the Dirt Sheet you'll see how charismatic he is behind the mic. True he is no Rock, but if you compare everyone to the Rock you might as well quit while you're still ahead.

This has been looming over WWE for years and it's either a testament to the two legends' careers or a sad note for the WWE. When two 40+ year old men absolutely steal the show at the biggest show of the year, I'm not sure what to think. These two, at least Taker, seems to be the leaders of the locker room. There is of course always the chance that they could change their minds, but if not, it could be bad.

The burden is going to fall on Cena, Edge and Orton. HHH is on another level due to his family members, so the top three spots go to them by default. Cena is the top draw, but I've never heard of any of these three being leaders in the locker room, which isn't to say they do nothing but I've never heard of them doing so. It will be a very odd time of transition. Think about it: this will be the first time in nearly 20 years to have either of these men not on the roster. Really a strange thought but it's going to have to work.

There is still a crap load of talent on the rosters right now (Benjamin, Kofi, Morrison) But I honestly think they willl be in the same position as they are now 5 years from now. Its sad.

I recall back when Umaga had his tights be same color as HHH's Orton stood up for him...so maybe a leader there.

Anyways, I think it'll be good in that they'll have to develope new talent as credible main eventers...or sink.

Its not a big deal having some of these names retire, thought we will miss them, its the perfect opportunity to unify the heavyweight titles with the departure of these main eventers. That being said I dont think WWE needs to hurry up and push some midcarders to take their places. Even with the the departure of these three I bet we would still have more former world champions on the roster than ever before that can step up anytime.

This has been looming over WWE for years and it's either a testament to the two legends' careers or a sad note for the WWE. When two 40+ year old men absolutely steal the show at the biggest show of the year, I'm not sure what to think.

I think (hope) that that was more of a failure of WWE creative (with the matches they chose and match order) than it is a failure of the potential talent on the roster. Hopefully with two of the great leaving WWE is forced to be smarter/better with the creative choices they make.

Two words=The Greatest.

Undertaker is the most athletic big man in the wrestling world. And he's 46. He seems to be unstoppable. I don't know if it's just because he's deep into his character and what, but he never slows down, never has a bad match. He's always proved that he deserves more than he receives.

Shawn Michaels is a character. Mic skills, great wrestling skills, puts over the new guys, etc. I've always admired Shawn, because he's not the big buff guy throwing people around, he works around his weaknesses.

If these two left, the WWE would be devasted.

Batista on the other hand, no disrespect, but he's not that great. He's a big guy, but his mic skills suck.

Thank. Fucking. God. I fail to see how anyone couldn't be sick of Undertaker and Shawn Michaels yet. They're old, stale, and I can't get into them anymore. Sure, they still got it in the ring, but I'm at the point of I've seen them so much that I really don't give a damn how good of a match that was. Just leave already.

WWE still has Cena, Edge, Orton and HHH after those 3 retire, so there's still some draws there. Burdens won't fall on anyone if WWE does their job and pushes talent. Guys like MVP, Kennedy, Hardy (sucks, but he's over), Punk (sucks, but Vince doesn't agree with me), Christian, Swagger all have the potential to step up and become main eventers. Not all of them will, but I'm guessing at least 2 get pushed to the moon this year, and one of them will get the benefit of winning the Rumble if WWE has any damn sense. So meh. I'm happy. More new talent, the better. The Attitude era leftovers have ran their course. GTFO.

Without a doubt they'll continue to head down hill, I don't think they'll actually let go of both of them without having a few guest appearances like Austin, because completely losing two huge names (2 of maybe 4?) at once will take a huge toll, but the weight of the company will be on Triple H, Cena, Orton and Edge... Seeing WM's two main events, this isn't a good thing... but it's also because the booking. They need to get their style and writers set straight as their first priority AND THEN worry about the roster. Then they'll have to find the right people to push, and use superstars like Kane as your legend with respect and give him some sort of strong meaning. I also think MVP and Morrison will be in the main event level within a year or two, and superstars like Jericho & Christian are semi-main eventers who just need to give it that little extra boost to make their character that much more worthy

My opinion, losing those stars can only be fixed in the least with BROCK LESNAR lol, but this just goes to show how good booking & infinate star power like in 2003, can help the quality of the show.

Also, before Batista goes, they need to do Cena vs. Batista II and possibly Cena vs Batista III at WM26 or just before Batista leaves.

Thank. Fucking. God. I fail to see how anyone couldn't be sick of Undertaker and Shawn Michaels yet. They're old, stale, and I can't get into them anymore. Sure, they still got it in the ring, but I'm at the point of I've seen them so much that I really don't give a damn how good of a match that was. Just leave already.
What he said.

Why do people still want these two guys around? We've watched them for years, the Undertaker only works part time anyway, HBK has become complacent, and to be honest, they've passed their prime. It's time they leave, and let the future generation of wrestler have their time.

i agree, losing HBK and Taker will create a void...BUT....like some of you have mentioned there are people that will step in IF given the chance...Morrisson is one, what about Christian? With the right set up, he can sort of help be a transition sort of person, taking the torch from the likes of taker, and HBK, give some new blood to the main event seen that is dominated by HHH, Cena, Orton, and also help to transition Morrison, MVP, Swagger, etc.... Christian brings a decent following, good in ring skills, very good mic skills and can be a heel or face....what do you think?

This always happens. WWE has gotten used to transitions. When Hogan, Warrior, Flair, Savage, and Steamboat left, people were wondering who would pick up the slack. Guys like The Rock, Undertaker, Mankind, Stone Cold, and Shawn Michaels then became the stars. When Rock, Austin, Foley and guys like that left, Cena, Batista, Orton, Jericho, and Edge took their spots. So when HBK, Taker, and others like that leave, a new crop will just slide right on in and move into the spotlight.

nobody and i mean nobody will ever replace what the Undertaker and Shawn have done. these two will always be top 5 best ever. now as far as who will replace them i would go with MVP, Swagger, Morrison,Bourne , and others will step up easily to claim main event spots by working there asses off. a couple i would worry about are Kennedy who i think has the most to prove this year or he is gone. Umaga is another i worry about. wwe has fucked this guy up he is great in the ring and can beat the best he proved that be hanging with Cena at the rumble in 2006. Miz going to raw could hurt him as well because of all the talent. he needs to be a solid as ever to survive now.

As I usually read these forums, everyone says it sucks now...YET we all watch.

New stars will be made, maybe all of them will be accepted, maybe not.

Cena, HHH, Orton, Edge, Y2J, Big Show: will be the mainstays

Add Mysterio, Mark Henry, Finlay, The Hardys, & Kane for time served and you'll have your veterans.

Let the latter build up new stars (Morrison, MVP, Punk, Swagger) while creative finds ways to run with the former. Injecting some of the 2nd/3rd tier guys in every now and then.

Despite HHH being the big monster he's accused of. He handed the reigns of the company to Cena years ago. He's the face of the WWE, and he'll be around for awhile. There's no need for him to pass the torch anytime soon.

But looking ahead...Swagger=Brock, Morrison=HBK, Shelton=Angle (skill in comparison, not popularity), Punk=Cena, Bourne=J.Hardy...it will be all interchangable soon.

with hbk, taker n batista retiring we will get the more deserving pushed like christian, morrison, shelton benjamin. anyway out of them 3 who will leave hbk is the only one i will miss as takers gimmick is older than taker himself

The WWE does its best work when it's back is against the wall. During the Monday Night Wars, the WWE was getting their asses kicked by something new and original. THEN the WWE managed to take it one step further and push new stars into the hemisphere and usher in the Attitude Era. The reason the WWE did that was because they had a threat to their existence. Right now there isn't a threat. There's no company doing anything original. There's no one with deep pockets to threaten Vince's reign as the top guy.

With this being said, HBK and Taker leaving won't matter. Why? Because Vince can push whomever he wants to. He can decide one day that Morrison needs to fight for the WWE title, and that Christian is good enough to win the World Heavyweight title. He can put MVP, Benjamin, and Miz on TV all the time. He can do what he wants. He has no competition, so no matter how bad the WWE sucks, the WWE will still do what they've been doing.

Believe it or not, the WWE makes money. As bad as their wrestling has been in the past few years, they still have their own development program to bring in the next big thing in wrestling. When there's a blue chip guy who has the look of a superstar, his dream will be go to the WWE. Not TNA. Not ROH. WWE. HBK and Taker can still tear the house down and no one will miss Batista, but the WWE will have no worries.

Will it suck? Probably. Unless TNA somehow gets a mega push into competition with the WWE for ratings, then the WWE product will be complacent for a while. There's no need to bring your A game when there's no one to bring it against.

Guys let's be serious, the words retirement and professional wrestling do not mix! The only guy who's seriously called it quits and hasn't looked back is The Rock. The next closest is Ric Flair, but he'll tell you he's just retired as an in ring performer and not retired from wrestling.

I can assure you that HBK will work semi-retired and his already reduced schedule will be cut in half if not more. HBK will come back once or twice a year like Hogan or Austin has in past years except HBK is in good enough shape to actually wrestle good high profile matches. He certainly doesn't need the money but he just wants to be around home more to see his kids grow up a little bit. So working 4-5 nights a year won't hurt. HBK is loyal to the business and the hand that has fed him and his family for 20+ years. DX reunions and "dream matches" will become more prevalent when HBK reaches this "semi-retired" phase of his career/life.

As far as The Undertaker is concerned he'll definetly not wrestle as much as Shawn but I can definetly see the Deadman coming back for Wrestlemania on a yearly basis to continue defending his streak. Maybe not every year but I could see Vince make an attempt to fit it in since the streak is such a fixture of Wrestlemania every year until the Deadman can't physically do it anymore and/or he says ENOUGH. But since The Undertaker is a "made man" he'll certainly have a lot of say as to who he faces and under what terms that it will take place, on top of the fact he doesn't have to wrestle since he's made so much money.

The arguement I hear people making is that both of these legend's presences in the locker room will be huge void and to a degree I can agree with that. But since 2007 HBK has been working a largely reduced schedule so he has not been around as much as he was before. Even 'Taker has been working a reduced schedule for a number of years. There presences are slightly fading and I would guess that during that time a few of the other guys have stepped up as leaders like Triple H and Randy Orton.

Since being a leader doesn't necessarily pertain to main event guys I could see a guy like Matt Hardy being a big leader in the locker room based on the fact he's one of the longest tenured/most experienced/reliable hands in the company. Other guys I could see as a leader in the locker would be Kane, William Regal, Jamie Noble, Finlay (both are backstage agents), and fellow friend of the Hardy's Hurricane Helms. Becoming a leader is to gain and earn respect from the boys and to set a good example for the rest of the locker room and if I'm right about any of these possibly being leaders, the WWE will be in good shape when both of these future HOFers are no longer in the WWE locker room.

I know everyone loves them but I don't feel like there will be a big difference. Like everyone complains about, HBK hasn't gotten to hold a title in a long time so its not like a title contender will be gone. With taker he will be mostly missed around mania time when he comes back and shines, so the rest of the year there solid. HHH, Cena, Orton, and Edge already dominate the tv time so it will be generally the same, atleast to me.

The WWE will be just fine without them. There is about 70 or so guys in the hall of fame and at one point they all died/retired/quit/moved on and WWE survived without those guys.

This will create more room for guys that the people in the forums love and want to see more of. Examples, Morrison, Christian, Bourne, Hardys, Kennedy, Miz, and Benjamin. Taker and HBK dont even fued for titles anymore because they let other people have a chance so the spot that opens up when they leave will be filled with great fueds that wont need titles to be exciting. It would be symbolic that they walk out together seeing as how they are forever tied with each other as being the last two guys still active from the first episode of Raw.

That being said - It will be a sad day when they decide to leave and I just hope I get to see these guys just one more time before they go.

How the fuck anyone can possiably think WWE will be unable to fill the void left by Taker and HBK is beyond me, do people not remember HBK was out of the WWE for 5 fucking years, and things worked out perfectly fine for them then, Taker was gone for over a year at one point, and the last few years has only been around part time anyway, and that's when he's not recovering from another injury, Batista flat out sucks, and won't be missed all that much, as has already been said WWE still has Trips, Edge, Orton, and Cena, adn loads of young talent with tons of potential, Kennedy, MVP, Punk, both Hardyz, Christian, Swagger, Bourne, Morrison (though I think he's vastly overrated), and Kofi, just to name a few, not to mention there are plenty of guys down in development that we have prolly not even heard of yet, if WWE is smart and starts pushing young talent over this year they'll be just fine

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back