Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
The Wrestlezone Movie Tournament, 1980's Bracket;
Round 1, Match 2
E.T. The Extraterrestrial
ET_poster.jpg

Vs.

Beetlejuice
2933~Beetlejuice-Posters.jpg

E.T. is an amazing film. I watched it again recently, and it's still as good as it was when I saw it 10 years ago. It's an incredibly famous film - every child at one point or another has said "E.T. phone home". With such a great plot, and really emotional moments, the film should go really far.

E.T. is an amazing film. I watched it again recently, and it's still as good as it was when I saw it 10 years ago. It's an incredibly famous film - every child at one point or another has said "E.T. phone home". With such a great plot, and really emotional moments, the film should go really far.

I feel bad for Beetlejuice, which I personally felt was a fantastic film, but E.T. is a classic. I have not watched it in over a decade, and I can still remember scenes from the film that will stand the test of time. It's classic Spielberg - always has to have the feel good parts at the end. This time, a great story of friendship with no boundaries and adventure at a moments notice.

What a unique match-up. I mean E.T. wins easily, but Beetlejuice is great from a personal prospective. It's my favorite Burton film. E.T. is an amazing movie, a great story and very emotional. Beetlejuice is very funny and I would take Michael Keaton's brief performance over a lot of other roles. But E.T. is a timeless movie that I look back on fondly. Going against something different, I might have chosen Beetlejuice, but E.T. is a very high caliber movie.

Reese's pieces, Drew Barrymore, and NASA all benefitted from ET. Beetlejuice is overrated in my opinion. I was not a fan. I do however understand it's pull amongst it's fans. If you are a fan of the esoteric, then Beetlejuice is for you. ET, however, takes an unimaginable storyline, and not only makes it plausible, but makes you wish it was you, and that for me is enough to win.

Both of these are fantastic, but “E.T.” gets the vote. While I've watched “Beetlejuice” probably ten times more then I ever watched “E.T.”, I can still tell that “E.T.” is the superior film nonetheless.

But Beetlejuice does deserve some praise. It’s a hilarious, intelligent film that takes you on a fun adventure ride. Michael Keaton, Alec Baldwin and Winona Ryder couldn’t have nailed their parts more perfectly. It played a huge role in my childhood and I’ll always have love for this film.

E.T., on the other hand, is just a classic and deserves to go further in this tournament when its first round opponent is a film like “Beetlejuice”. I can’t sit here and break it down like I will other movies in this tournament because for one, I haven’t watched it for a long, long while, and for two, I’m actually not that passionate about it. But I do know it’s an unbelievable film that deserves all the praise it gets, like most Spielberg films.

Beetlejuice is a great, great film, and if anyone denies that, they are a fool. We're talking about ET though, a fucking phenomenon of Epic proportions. It stood the test of time as the number one grossing film of all time for 25 years. It beat out Star Wars as the top grosser and held onto it until it was re-released, that's an amazing feat. There are so many great scenes from ET, I won't get into them all. It's a tough, tough draw for Beetlejuice, but the ugly little guy wins out.

This upsets me a little bit. Beetlejuice is a fantastic film. It shouldve had the chance against some other film, but I understand the rules of seeding and it just had to happen I guess. E.T. is a movie that everybody knows and everybody loves. With so many memorable things coming out of it. Except for that god awful video game. E.T. is the superior movie in every way, so thats where my vote is going. Beetlejuice got jipped though lol.

I'm going to go against the grain and say Beetlejuice. While this movie is nowhere near as successful as ET, I liked it better. It had the horror aspect added into it that I like in movies. You're never really quite sure about what is going on, which makes me like it even more. You're guessing at several things and in the end it all comes together. To think that Beetlejuice and Batman were the same guy amazes me to no end. Not to mention, the Handbook for the Recently Deceased makes a great t-shirt to add to my collection.

Ouch. This is a tough one. E.T. edges out a victory, though, because of its emotional response that it elicits from some of its audience. Beetlejuice is much more fun in my mind, but it has virtually no effects on children, while E.T. has an effect on all ages. I'd much rather watch Beetlejuice, but I can't deny that E.T. is on a different playing field than Tim Burton's warped reality.

E.T. The Extraterrestrial.

Well I'm sure Beetlejuice will get a lot of votes here, because it was targeted for this age group. but I really hope, and am sure that ET will make it through this round. ET was a part of my childhood, and most other people's childhood here. It was a great movie for teaching kids many of life goals. On the other hand, Beetlejuice didn't. It was pretty strange, and wasn't that greatest movie. If it does get to the next round, it wont move from there. If ET does make it to the next round, it will move deep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back