Status
Not open for further replies.

Cena's Little Helper

Mid-Card Championship Winner

00's Region - 4th Round - Malcolm In The Middle vs Scrubs

0000002266_20060919154226.jpg

VS

scrubs-large.jpg

Damn, I am surprised Malcolm in the Middle has made it this far. My hat goes off to it. That being said, The correct vote is Scrubs. The answer is because it is practically an institution for this decade. When people think of modern day sitcoms, Scrubs has to come to mind. It is such a juggernaut. Bill Lawrence really out did himself coming off the heels of the very successful Spin City.

It is no secret that I am a fan of Spin City but I would easily consider Scrubs an equal and probably far superior to Spin City. The chemistry between the cast is great. They all really know how to play off of one another. John C. McGinley really shines as the overly sarcastic, narcissistic to perfection. Zach Braff is awesome playing the attention seeking, over achiever. Everyone really knows how to fit into their roles. They can all act goofy yet really bring the drama when it is needed.

The soundtrack is one of the best for any show, at any time throughout history. The show plays so much on music and emotion and it does it so well.

They had a star wars episode. Just about every great show has had a Star Wars parody episode.

Vote for Scrubs.

Scrubs is funnier, so I voted for it. Scrubs is quite nicely surreal, whereas Malcolm in the Middle is ridiculous. There's a fine line, and I suppose the shows are quite similar. I think the characters in Scrubs are a little less one dimensional, and the heavier side of Scrubs is something I feel more sentimental towards. It was a close one, but Scrubs edges it.

Both of these shows were awesome, so it was a toss up decision either way; however, I went with Malcolm in the Middle solely because I connected more with that show than I did with Scrubs. I come from a dysfunctional family, so I can connect wholeheartedly with that frame of mind. The lessons that the Malcolm character learns over time, despite his families shortcomings are the same lessons that I had to forcibly learn.

Scrubs, for sure. Malcom is an alright show that I'll watch every now and then, but it's not as good as Scrubs by a longshot. There's more to the characters on Scrubs and it isn't as predictable or formulaic. Scrubs portrays the life of a medical professional very realistically, from what I've heard.

Frankie Muniz is a cutie pie, but Dr. Cox is among the greatest TV characters of all time. Scrubs wins.

Malcolm in the Middle destroys Scrubs.

Scrubs is so played out and obvious, basically every episode is the same with the script slightly changed.

Malcolm ftw.

Malcolm in the Middle destroys Scrubs.

Scrubs is so played out and obvious, basically every episode is the same with the script slightly changed.

Malcolm ftw.

Absolutely agree here. I don't like Scrubs. I hope that Malcolm in the Middle can win this round, but it doesn't look like that will happen. Malcolm in the Middle gets my vote and deserves to win this round because it's a great show and not boring like Scrubs.

Scrubs has my vote. I like Malcolm In The Middle too but Scrubs has been my favourite show since around 2005. I have all the scrubs dvds yet I will still watch re-runs on television.
Malcolm in the middle, I feel, needed to lay off of the "I hate my mother" joke. After so many episodes you get sick of hearing recycled and re-packaged jokes about hating Lois. Much like in Two And a Half Men. Great show, however the "I hate my mother" joke is used far too often and becomes repetetive.

From what I've been told Scrubs is the most realistic medicine show on tv. Even the character of J.D. is based on a real doctor named J.D..
Hats off to everybody behind Scrubs because it is truely one of the (if not THE) best shows on television today.

As much as I used to adore Malcolm In The Middle, I will be giving my vote to Scrubs here.

Scrubs is one of the best sitcoms that has ever graced TV. I truly mean that. I remember watching the first episode from my room on a Friday night and was automatically hooked. I have seen every single episode multiple times and it is a show that never gets old when I watch it. Everything that you could ever want from a sitcom is in this show. It had a great cast that really made their names on the show. I am looking at Zach Braff and Donald Faison and who will ever forget the performance of John C McGinley. The soundtrack was and still is utterly amazing. A great use of original and popular music gives this show one of the best soundtracks ever. Then of course, you have the comedy aspect to the show which is brilliant. A mix of dry wit and physical humour makes this show a real contender for the Championship.

Malcolm In The Middle was a good show. I am surprised it got this far but I think it deserves to. It was hilarious at times and a show that holds a lot of fond memories for me. The character of Hal was immense and I would always come back to see him. However, it has nothing on Scrubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back