Zoo

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
Zoo magazine has apologised for an agony uncle column under actor Danny Dyer's byline that advised a reader to cut his ex-girlfriend's face.

Alex, 23, from Manchester, wrote to the publication aimed at young men saying he was unable to get over a break-up.

Dyer's column's advice was to go on the "rampage" with the boys or "cut your ex's face, then no-one will want her".

Zoo blamed the comments on a production error, but anti-violence campaigners said the advice was "inexcusable".

Refuge CEO Sandra Horley said: "It is all too easy to dismiss comments like these as a joke, but we know that domestic violence takes lives and ruins lives.

"Two women are killed every week by a current or former partner - and these figures aren't going down.

"One in eight young men believe it is OK to hit their girlfriend if she is nagging."

Zoo and Danny Dyer condemn any violence against women
Statement from Zoo magazine

She said the "irresponsible and tasteless comments" reinforced these attitudes.

Holly Dustin, manager of the End Violence Against Women coalition, described the comment as "truly stomach-churning" and called for Zoo to publish a prominent retraction.

Zoo said an internal inquiry had been launched and a donation would be made to Women's Aid, a charity that supports victims of domestic violence.

A statement issued on behalf of Zoo said: "Due to an extremely regrettable production error, an inappropriate and indefensible response to a letter has appeared in this week's issue.

"Zoo editor Tom Etherington apologises unreservedly for any offence the response may have caused and launched an internal inquiry to ensure lessons are learnt.

"Zoo and Danny Dyer condemn any violence against women."

Dyer is best known for starring in films such as The Football Factory, The Business and Dead Man Running.

His representative was not immediately available for comment, but the Sun quoted him as saying the remarks were not his.

"This is totally out of order, I am totally devastated," he told the paper.

Never heard of Zoo before, seems to be in the vain of Maxim and such. I dunno. Clearly the guy was trying to be funny or at least elicit a WTF? type reaction. I personally wouldn't find it offensive, but I can see how people would get all butt hurt about it. Only question left is: Who the most mentally deficient? The guy giving the easy to find unfunny advice knowing what a PC world we live in, the few guys in the readership who would actually do it just 'cause a writer told them to do so, or the "outraged" anti-violence campaigners who believe that one note throw away magazine article jokes have the power to turn otherwise normal well adjusted individuals into face-cutting misogynists.

It seems like a small thing, but the problem is we have idiots who read those magazines who would do it.

You seem to have a lot of those over there...

Edit: Hehe, I was responding to Lee's comment about magazines, then realized how bad my reply looks following Becca's

To be honest, if your getting advice off Danny Dyer, you probably are stupid enough to cut someone's face.

yeah zoo is like maxim

Maxim UK got rid of boobs and then died, little fact for you there.

I thought this thread might be about this film:

zoo-movie-poster.jpg

That's the one about that guy that got fucked to death by a horse right? That's messed up right there...

I used to have a video of a woman getting fucked by a horse on my phone. That's why you shouldn't accept anything via Bluetooth when you're in a club.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back