• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Your Wrestling Hall Of Fame & Shame

Hall of Fame-

1. Lita/Trish - two of the best, most athletically inclined, and pioneering divas from yesteryear. They are what most of the divas of nowadays only WISH they could be like. Even with the smaller amount of talent we have in WWE right now, each one of them usually lists one or the other as their inspiration.

2. Chris Benoit- the circumstances surrounding his end of days aside, probably the greatest technical wrestler around. I had the privelege of seeing him live, and meeting him. Okay, still, a genuinely nice person (please reserve judgement) but this man was ALL about the pure love of the performance, and would NOT hold anything back in the ring. I've still been one to mark out hard watching the old matches of his, and still mark out watching him win the WM20 match vs him, HHH and HBK where he celebrates with Eddy Guerrero.

3. John Cena- Okay, I've made fun of him in the past. I still probably will never say I'm his biggest fan, but I have to admire the determination and the drive behind this guy. He's had injuries and comes back with a stronger will than before. He doesn't let the boos affect him like some other people probably would. I probably would've cracked under that pressure. I have to put him in my hall of fame for his dedication and drive on the guts alone.

4. Steve Austin- okay, not necessarily for wrestling per se. He pretty much left WWE at the top of his game. Not many people would still do that. But he managed to do that without having the backlash of the crowd (i.e. Goldberg, Lesnar.) He left WWE with much respect from the fans, and still is as popular today as he was when he was in the WWE, and is still working closely with WWE and is as much a bad ass now as he was then.

5. Nexus-I'm gonna put this group in my hall of fame in recent time. This is shaping up to be a good thing. Not since the NWO/Dx has WWE had such a dominating group of upstarts. It could've flopped right away, but they played it good. Granted, some people may have fallen out to injury, but there has always been some way to explain how those are no longer with them. But there is still a large enough base to get audience behind these rebels.

Hall of Shame-

1. Ric Flair- so you are having a career on the line match and WM 24, then you have a going away party. Then probably no more than 6-8 months later, you go on a world tour with Hogan, to basically start your career all over again? There's crapping all over the friends who threw that party on live world tv for you. I guess that watch that HBK got you didn't mean much anymore did it?

2. NXT season 2, and Season 3...possibly season 4- Why do you keep up this charade? We see more of season 1 and only Hennig, and Harris. Than we do of Kaval. Heck, what's the point of continuing with this nonsense? Its only on wwe.com at this point, that should mean something that no one really watches it. Would there even be enough people left in developmental to bring over to the show to do anything? Are we going to have to start re-using pro's for the new season?

3. Anonymous GM Email- This was pretty exciting at first. All the cool little catchphrases, but soon, that wore out. Its been dragging out now for how long? You'd think that by now we should've been let in on who it is. I think every legendary catchphrase has been used up by now and the heat from the crowd is hot enough to burn down the arena, we're either going to be extremely excited by who it is, or EXTREMELY disappointed.

4. Rey Mysterio- I don't hate him exactly. I just am tired of it always being "The little man versus the big man" situation. We all know its scripted, I enjoy watching him wrestle as well. But let's be honest, how many times is he going to be the victim? Someone empower him please. Let's either give him some street cred and maybe give him some heel power and he can realize that its not always cool to be the victim, and he should stand up for himself sometimes. Or people are just tired of him being a victim, C'mon Rey, fight your own battles dude. I've been able to fight my own battles against people bigger than me, and I'm not a pro-wrestler.

5. Michael Cole on every single show on WWE- I don't hate him. I just am not into seeing him on EVERY dang show. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Sundays ppvs!! He's okay sometimes. Mondays, tolerable. Tuesdays on NXT, and with it only being on internet, good. Then on Thursdays, sometimes he's on the RAW part Superstars depending on the taping, if its him or that new guy. Then you have him on Smackdown. Granted, I like someone to stir the pot a bit, but when he dominates the week THAT much, what did WE as the WWE universe do to deserve him being on the call table THAT much?

LitasRevenge: Hall of Shame-

1. Ric Flair- so you are having a career on the line match and WM 24, then you have a going away party. Then probably no more than 6-8 months later, you go on a world tour with Hogan, to basically start your career all over again? There's crapping all over the friends who threw that party on live world tv for you. I guess that watch that HBK got you didn't mean much anymore did it?

Flair has stated that he didn't retire when he left the WWE, they wouldn't resign him because they were afraid he would get hurt in the ring. He has often stated that he would never retire. Vince gave Flair his going away party out of respect and also to fill some TV time. The retirement and party were kafabe. I doubt that anyone involved actually thought Flair would retire, the guy loves the business. He's doing a lot of good helping younger wrestlers at TNA, who better to learn from than one of the most successful guys in the business? Hell, I retired a couple of years ago and got bored so I started an internet business, so give him a break.

Ric-Flair.jpg

WWWF/WWF has always been on T.V. since the beginning of television? Do you know how mind-boggingly crazy you sound? That's like saying NWA was around since the invention of the wheel.
I said that the WWWF/WWF and wrestling in GENERAL has always been on T.V. and that's true ! When Vince Sr. split from the NWA and started the WWWF as Capital Sports back in 1963 he had it on T.V. When T.V. was first invented Georgeous George was one of the first major T.V. stars ! I didn't mean that the WWF/WWWF was on since the creation of television, so if I didn't explain it to you proberly then my bad.

You say it's more accepted and it is, but who made it unacceptable in the first place ? Well that would be good old Vince himself ! The man who took wrestling into the sewer and gave us smut T.V. You remember the "WWE Attitude" don't you ?

How could you forget the "Kiss my Ass Club", or "Kattie Vick", or "Val Venis and the Godfather and his Ho Train", or "Trish barking like a Dog", or "Miss Kitty going toppless on a PPV", or "Mea Young Giving birth to a Hand", or "Mark Henry getting oral from a Tranny", or "Bever Cleveage" or even "Sable" ? Do you need more examples ?

You say it's more accepted and it is, but who made it unacceptable in the first place ? Well that would be good old Vince himself ! The man who took wrestling into the sewer and gave us smut T.V. You remember the "WWE Attitude" don't you ?

The same guy that made men wearing tights and feather boas acceptable on television. I mean really; I get it that you're a fan of classic wrestling. I love me some AWA/NWA flashbacks myself. But Vince McMahon Jr. brought wrestling to the forefront in our homes and on websites just like this one.

And the "Attitude Era" wasn't started by him by the way. You can argue that it either started in WCW when Hogan turned heel or it started forming in a Philadelphia bingo hall under the name "ECW". Neither really had shit to do with a McMahon, so I don't see your reasoning. He just capitalized on the idea, that's all.

How could you forget the "Kiss my Ass Club", or "Kattie Vick", or "Val Venis and the Godfather and his Ho Train", or "Trish barking like a Dog", or "Miss Kitty going toppless on a PPV", or "Mea Young Giving birth to a Hand", or "Mark Henry getting oral from a Tranny", or "Bever Cleveage" or even "Sable" ? Do you need more examples ?

Examples of what? I already told you my own examples of why the current product is better than what it was before (for me anyways). What in the hell are you arguing? If anything you just agreed with me.

You asked, and I quote,
Have you seen his product lately?
. I have no clue what you consider "lately" but most of what you mentioned happened almost a decade ago. It was a different time back then. I must inform you that the product itself is the complete opposite of what it was in the 90s, or hell even the millenium for that matter.

Hall of Fame
1.Hulk Hogan - The Biggest Draw Ever. Period.

2.The Rock - The most charismatic superstar, that could also put on a great match.

3.Ric Flair - 16x World Champion. The heart and soul of WCW.

4.Shawn Michaels - There is a reason he is called Mr. WrestleMania, maybe the best wrestler ever.

5.Stone Cold Steve Austin - The bad ass of wrestling, revolutionized the sport.

Hall of Shame

1. Gillberg - Terrible rip-off.

2.Simon Dean - A fitness instructor gimmick? Really? Come on!

3.Shark Boy - Shell No!

4.Curry Man - He's hot, He's spicy, He's useless!

5.Santino Marella - Great debut, but terrible booking and gimmick.

Hall of Fame
1) Bret Hart (Away for 13 yrs. and still got a monstrous pop from young and old. That
speaks volumes right there.)
2) Mr. Perfect (One of the best to ever step foot in the ring. Period.)
3) Chris Jericho (A true living legend if there ever was one.)
4)Ricky Steamboat (Awesome in his prime, then came back to astound everybody
against Jericho even at his age. Like the Jackie Chan of the wrestling world.)
5) Randy Savage (Simply an amazing, gifted athlete. 'Nuff said.)

---Roddy Piper, one of my all time favorites, probably 2nd to only Bret, I sadly left to the next year's inductions. It pained me to do so, but he will be there right out of the gate next round.---

Tag Teams (If it's my hall of fame I'm going to separate singles competitors and
tag teams, thank you very much...)
1)The Legion of Doom (Most dominant tag team I think of all time.)
2) The Freebirds (One of the best factions ever created back in the day.)
3) The 4 Horsemen (I know, not technically a "tag team", just like the above-
mentioned Freebirds, but they still formed tag teams out of the 4 members.)
4) Demolition (Simply awesome)
5) Hart Foundation (Probably best big guy/little guy team I think there ever was.)

Hall of Shame
1) HBK (Decent worker, but a little bitch, had to play politics his entire career,
and when he didn't want to push talent he whined and/or faked injuries. Total
disrespect for the things people did for him by not reciprocating.)
2) Kevin Nash (Simply the most horrible wrestler to ever make a name for himself
with no reason he ever should have been able to.)
3) Sean Waltman (Sad excuse for a mediocre individual.)
4) Jeff Hardy (Waste of talent and time.)
5) Vince Russo (Don't think I need to explain, but has done more to ruin the sport than anything he did to help it.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back