• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Your Wrestling Hall Of Fame & Shame

Calderownz

Brilliant Idiot
Let's say you were creating your own Hall Of Fame, who would the first five wrestlers be that you'd add? It can be anyone, forget the WWE hall, so anyone is up for grabs.

Classic wrestlers that you want to add.

The Hall Of Shame is also open for discussion, in terms of the 5 worst wrestlers/characters/people in the business, as well.

I'll go first.

HALL OF FAME:
1. Hulk Hogan. No way around it. The guy helped keep the business interesting on two different incidents. First in the 80's and again in the 90's. That's pretty hard to top. Hew drew like crazy, has records that still stand to this day and has so many classic wrestling moments. It goes without saying, the guy deserves his induction.

2. "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair. In terms of all-around entertainment, this guy might be the very best. Innovative on the mic and a workaholic in the ring. Brought a flare to the business -- no pun intended -- and a brilliant story teller. He deserves the nod.

3. Bret "The Hitman" Hart. In my opinion, without a doubt, the best foreign worker in the history of the business. You could make a case for some older wrestlers, or for guys like the Dynamite Kid, but I'd still favor Hart. Very skilled, aggressive yet graceful. Just a great worker and got over well in his roles.

4. Gorgeous George. Heavyweight champion in the AWA and in the mid-south regions. But, that's not what gets the nod for me. He was the first.... controversial character of his variety. In the sense that there was nothing like him before and has been very little like him since, with the exception of a few guys. Played it brilliantly, was a great heel. If you ever get the chance to find out how he came up with the nickname and the robe and the entire get up, you should. It's pretty interesting. He was Goldust-like, who was already controversial in the 90's... in the 1940's. Gutsy character.

5. Danny Hodge. Not even so much for what he did in the business, just how incredible a man he is/was. Strong as all hell, skilled and dedicated. His type of wrestler often times get's over-looked, but he has his place. He'd definitely take my "throwback" nomination.

HALL OF SHAME:
1. The Shockmaster. Jesus, that was awful. Just... awful. Typhoon (Fred Ottman) is fine and all, but this character would definitely fall into my Hall Of Shame. Lol.

2. Bastion Booger. Just....... awful.

3. The Johnson's. Hilarious.. but... read: Bastion Booger.

4. The Posse. Racist, racist, racist. My God. Racist. Horrible idea, horrible execution and a horrible waste of talent in Booker T. That is just insane that anyone would think that this was something that should be shown on TV. Jesus. Did I mention.... it was racist?

5. The Gobbledygooker. Waste of a solid enough talent and just.... dumb. Never enjoyed it and it was one of -- if not the biggest -- let downs in professional wrestling. Boooooo!

What about you guys?

Hall of fame

1. Hogan- The Babe Ruth, Michael Jordan of his sport
2.The Rock- He and Austin put the Sport on their back and is an all time ICON. Also the single most entertaining man EVER in the business, hands down!
3. Austin- Same as above
4. Vincent Kennedy- There might not be any wrestling that we love today without him
5. DX/NWO as a whole- These stables kept wrestling alive and fresh when the organization as a whole couldn't.

Hall of Shame
1. I agree with with the Shockmaster.
2. Viscera- Waste of space
3. Ted Turner- Way to mess up a good thing
4. Glacier- WTF
5. ECW losing itself and becoming a WWE PG product

I know there are plenty of wrestler that should be in the hall of shame, but some things are worth not mentioning.

Hall Of Fame:

1. Hulk Hogan: This goes without saying, as does number 2.

2. Ric Flair: What can I say to make this more deserving than it already is?

3. Gorgeous George: The funny thing is, most "fans" do not even know who he is. Set the tone for most if not all wrestlers that came after him. A true pioneer!!

4. Bruno Sammartino: Awesome! That is one word if I was forced to only use one to describe him. For anyone that does not know about him, I suggest you Wikipedia him immediately!

5. Randy Savage: An absolutely underrated talent. He was overshadowed by Hulk Hogan his whole career. The sad thing is, he is still overshadowed by him now. He should have held the title many more times in his career. He was great as a Face, and even better as a Heel.

Hall Of Shame:
*Hard to argue with your 5 here. So I'll come up with a different 5.

1. Scott Steiner's Promos: Just dreadful. Funny as Hell, but just horrible. The only things in most of his promos that can be understood, muffled screaming, he wants some pussy, followed by more muffled screaming, and ended with BITCH!

2. Mr. America: Right this second I can't remember every detail as to why Hogan was doing this. I do remember it was because of Vince and Hogan was "fired" or whatever. But it was just dumb. I was always so irritated when he would come out. A low point in Hogan's career.

3. Mr. Madness: Back in 91, after Randy Savage had lost to The Ultimate Warrior at Wrestlemania 7 in a Career Ending Match. He was announcing and kept expressing his love for Elizabeth. To make a long story short, he proposed and they had a wedding. At the "reception" they were given a gift and it was from Jake Roberts. It was obviously a snake. Anyway, Savage wanted to fight Roberts but couldn't because of the stipulation of his match at WM7. So, he adopted this gimmick similar to Hogan's Mr. America. He still talked in the same voice and everything, and he was masked. Pretty stupid.

4. Sharkboy: More from the time when he was ripping off Austin's gimmick. That was one of the stupidest things I have ever seen. Whoever thought of that in TNA should be ass fucked with an H2 Hummer. Disrespectful and idiotic.

5. The Yete or Yetta, however they spelled it. A mummy? Named after Big Foot?? LOLOLOL. Who could forget when he made his way to the ring at Halloween Havoc and tried to bang Hogan with his wrapped dick, when The Giant had him in a Bear Hug? Pretty weird at best.

*Who would figure that my 5 in the HOF and my 5 HOS would both include Hogan and Savage on each list? lol

I cannot believe noone has said Lou Thesz

1)Lou Thesz - First World Champ. I think that is saying something.

2)Vince McMahon - Vince made pro wrestling what it is today.

3)Hulk Hogan - Don't like him but he deserves it. Can't wrestle but he helped establish WWE.

4)Ric Flair - In my eyes he is the best overall wrestler of all time.

5)Shawn Michaels - You can't have a hall of fame without HBK.

Hall of Fame:

1. Hogan - pretty much everyone else has said it...he is the largest grossing box office draw in history.
2. Flair - again, others have said it...he is the most charismatic and entertaining wrestler in history. I mean, who doesn't love it when Ric Flair goes off in a promo. There just ain't no stopping him.
3. I'm surprised no one has said Kurt Angle. He was the first wrestler to really connect the sport of amateur wrestling with the world of pro wrestling. Plus, he is without a doubt the most skilled athlete to ever step inside a ring.
4. Good Ole' JR - Where would all these classic moments in WWF/E be without that oh so memorable voice calling them.
5. Vince K. McMahon - again, Vince revolutionized the way this sport was marketed to the masses.

My Hall of Fame of top 5 would be:

Undertaker
Shawn Michaels
Stone Cold Steve Austin
Bruno Sammartino
Bret the Hitman Hart

Ric Flair doesn't make it to the list because he betrayed his fans and peers by wrestling in TNA after the grand send-off that he got for his "retirement". Next in line for the Hall of Fame would be Kurt Angle but Bret Hart beats him to this list by a margin (although, agreed that Kurt has slightly better in-ring technical ability than Bret even in Bret's prime). Hogan - naah, he doesn't make to my list, sorry.

The Hall of Shame would be:

Big Daddy V/ Mabel
The Shockmaster
Giant Gonzales
Goldust - just hate that gimmick
Val Venis

Top 5 Hall Of Famers:

1. Hulk Hogan- How can he not be on your list? (figuratively speaking)
2. Steve Austin- Made wrestling exciting again for a generation
3. Ric Flair- For all of his achievements in the sport.
4. Ron Simmons- Being the first African American to hold a World Championship. He should be a shoe-in.
5. The Rock- Possibly the best speaker to come out of wrestlling. We held on to his every word as if by magic.

Top 5 Hall Of Shamers:

1. Braden Walker: So bad there's a youtube video of his "induction":
[YOUTUBE]JsGU71cJ4no[/YOUTUBE]
2. Shawn Stasiak: He was from another planet, remember?
3. Kizarny: A PG gimmick that didn't go over with a PG crowd.
4. Bashum Brothers: Dominatrix tag team did nothing for me.
5. K-Fed: Because he once fought in a match against the top superstar and then was never seen again...lol...

Edit:
Vince Mc'Mahon: The man who killed the territories, ushered in the "Steriod and Drugs Era" that led to so many young deaths, and gave us "Sports Entertainment". He's responsible for the sorry state of the business today!

You mean, the guy that is the sole reason why WWE is around and televised? Most of the people you listed in your HoF wouldn't even be widely known if it wasn't for him.

HALL OF FAME

1. Hulk Hogan. The most important wrestler in history. Without him, the business would not be the same. Simple as.

2. The Austin 3:16 catchphrase. In an instant moment of genius, Steve Austin kick-started the attitude era, and created the best-selling wrestling t-shirt of all time. Thank you Steve

3. Scott Steiner's interviews. Legendary. Usually involving calling someone a redneck, stumbling over his words, shouting and forgetting his lines. This man is an absolute mess but wonderful TV

4. Jim Ross. The best commentator of all time. Without JR, so many classic WWF moments would be nowhere near as memorable.
"Tyson and Austin...Tyson and Austin!!!!..... "Would somebody stop the damm match!" ......"Oh my god they've killed him!!!

5. Vince McMahon. The perfect heel. How many people want to punch their boss? Millions. How many people tuned in to RAW to see Austin punch his boss? Millions. Genius from McMahon to create this character, and to put his body on the line at his age. A definite hall-of-famer in my book, plus some hilarious catachphrases..."Life sucks......then you die!! an "I'm your genetic jackhammer!!
So easy. 5 guys who are known universally, even by non-wrestling fans. The first 4 are the biggest draws in the history of the business, and did more than any other wrestlers to make the business what it is today. Without these men, wrestling would be nowhere near as popular and profitable.

HALL OF SHAME

1. Rikishi's ass. That shit did not to be seen on TV. The Stinkface was an insult to wrestling and one of things that, seen by a non fan, results in them saying..."so...you watch this stuff then?"

2. Vince McMahon's kiss my ass club. See a trend here? I don't like seeing mens faces shoved into other mens asses. Simple as. Its not wrestling. It is just bad TV.

3. The Shockmaster. 'nuff said hahaha. The best..and worst debut in wrestling history. Just appalling.

4. Gobbledygooker. A fucking bird. Hatching from an egg. On a WRESTLING show. For no fucking reason. WHY???

5. Mae Young going topless. Just wrong for so many reasons. I felt ill after seeing that shit

My Hall of Fame-
1.Ric Flair
2.Shawn Michaels
3.The Rock
4.Jim Ross
5.The Great Muta (one of the greatest wrestlers ever and it is my hall of fame and i say who goes in on the first ballot!!!)

Hall of Shame-
1.Michael Cole
2.Hulk Hogan (im sorry but he does NOT go in my hall of fame)
3.WCW after 1997 (including the d*****-bag David Arquette)
4.DDP
5.Mick Foley

Are we gonna update this every so often? Just wondering, I like this idea, and the idea of doing it every so often to add more. I wish we couldve did ten both ways. Anyway, here I go:

The SickJames Hall of Fame

1. The Rock- The greatest entertainer of all time in the business and that really just cant be disputed. And the guy has been the most successful wrestler outside of the business, no other has made better movies than The Rock. Acting is a strong skill to have in wrestling and obviously Hollywood saw something moreso in The Rock than others. He always gives you his best and is truly, The People's Champion.
First Black WWE Champion. First to win the WWE title 7 times and held the record for most WWE title wins until HHH broke that in 2008. Also, The Rock was a 9-time World champion long before HHH became a 10-time World champ and no doubt would be closer to Flair's record than The Game is right now, as would Austin if he was still wrestling. Royal Rumble winner and had the greatest feud in wrestling with Stone Cold, (not just my opinion, there was a world-wide poll conducted by WWE and millions of fans voted with Rock/Austin, Austin/McMahon & Rock/Austin coming in the top 3 and there were a lot of options), and it headlined WrestleMania THREE times it was such a good draw. Triple Crown Champion, Best of the Mic and there are many more accomplishments I wont go into, but as far as I'm concerned, he's the greatest wrestler of all time. I respect what Hogan & Flair did, but both Rock & Austin are on their level and imo are just better having gotten as big as Hogan & Flair in the little time they did, screw longevity, know-it-alls like to throw that around like it means something when it doesnt because Cena has been around longer than Rock and Austin too I believe, and he still isnt on their level even as the top guy, he is still not in their league yet to a certain degree, just because he's the top guy. So doing what he did in his time in WWE is impressive as was what Austin did in his. In the ring or out, everybody knows who The Most Electrifying Man in Sports Entertainment and now Movie Entertainment, The People's Champ, THE ROCK!

2. Trish Stratus- The greatest female in wrestling period. Yes, it's true. Trish may not have flew around as much as Lita, may not have held a title as long as Moolah (even though seriously those kind of reigns they had back in the day are awful and unbearable as thats too damn long and unrealistic), but Trish was entertaining and brought herself from being just another pretty face to a great in-ring Womens Champion and female wrestling icon. Trish, much like Austin & Rock had another one of those short careers with the impact of a mega star. She became known as the greatest in 7 years and thats a huge deal.
3-time Babe of the Year, had two of the greatest feuds of all time, not just for Divas, but two of the greatest of all time, with Mickie and one with Lita. Those feuds were great, she retired WITH the title which I though was a great way to end her career, and she is still holding the record for most Womens Championship wins ever as 7-time Womens Champion, and as sad as it was to see the belt get retired, it's comforting to know that Michelle wont surpass that as she will be getting more undeserved titles down the line to the point where she may get 7 Divas title reigns, I wouldnt be surprised if they let her surpass Moolah's reign and hold the belt till she's 80) Trish will forever be the greatest. One true Diva that is Sexy, Smart and Powerful. A true total package, she could act, was a great face or heel and was way over with the fans. Trish Stratus always delivered 100% Stratusfaction and still does when she comes back as a surprise.

3. Stone Cold Steve Austin- This guy and The Rock were so very similar in their impact, stardom, reaching the level they did in so short a time. The guy was majorly over and just raised so much hell, sold more merchandise than anyone else, and is totally surpass Hogan & Flair just like I said with The Rock, these two guys have gone to that level and had more respectable careers having not overstayed their time in wrestling. Look at all that Austin did having won 3 Royal Rumbles, had two of the top 3 feuds of all time, Main evented WrestleMania with The Rock three times, is a mega badass especially having passed out after refusing to tap to Bret. Mostly will be remembered for entertaining the hell out of us whether screwing with Vince, driving some truck into the arena, or just having a beer and using some foul language and destroying everything in sight. And that's the bottom line.

4. Hollywood Hulk Hogan- You have to list Hogan because just like Flair, he's one of the most recognizable stars in wrestling, a household name. He's like a god of wrestling really. From Hulkamania to the nWo, the guy did great things. Even now he wont let it go, but has put TNA in its most interesting state to date imo for me, even though critics only can ever complain, but TNA was unwatchable to me until Hogan & Eric came in. Hogan was the man everyone looked up to in WWE, hated in WCW and will thank once TNA takes off after him having planted the seeds for it.

5. Ric Flair- One of the best wrestlers of all time. Ric Flair has wrestled, longer than anyone else I THINK, if not has had one of the longest wrestling careers I can remember hearing of, I definately wasnt alive for a good part of it, but I've enjoyed watching his promos from the past. He's one of the best ever as far as cutting promos go. Wrestling in the ring and entertaining with little dirty tricks or just falling straight to the mat. His slick talking, styling and profiling in his appearance and heading one of the greatest stables ever, not the greatest ever, but one of the greatest ever.

The thing I wanna say is just like I said not the greatest stable ever, I'll say Hogan- greatest superstar, Flair- greatest wrestler, at one point, or I could say it now, but I truly put those guys here out of respect and them deserving it, but I truly see Rock & Austin as having surpassed them both in a short span of time. To reach the level of stardom they did, even though there have been others, but those two guys were unmatched and put them in the ring together, they have the best chemistry two guys can have. And Trish is the greatest female in the business. I wanted to recognize the top Female wrestler period. I dont care if theres a woman who is more technically sound, theres more to a wrestler than in-ring ability (a reason why Bret isnt on this list) and tech isnt the only way to wrestle or the greatest thing ever, there are many variety of styles and thats what makes the sport so good.

HALL OF FAME:
1) HBK....for years, the man would pull all stops to put on a show. The bigger the event, the bigger the match.
2) JR....has become the new face of broadcasting after Gordon Solie.
3) Flair.....self explanatory
4) Nash.....promos, in ring ability (a while back), .....was a monster in his prime.
5) Bruno Sammartino.

HALL OF LAME:
1) The EMAILS read by Michael Cole
2) The Red Rooster
3) The Godwins
4) The Gobbledygooker
5) Shockmaster

there are a lot of names that could go in here. i'll try to do a few that i haven't seen yet, and not just for shock value but because i really do feel that they earned a spot.

1. Andre the Giant - a monster that really set the bar for the rest to follow. he wasn't the best in the ring, even in his prime, but this guy could draw and has one of the largest draws in the history of the business to add to his credit. plus he was a true global phenomenon. i also appreciate how he branched out into hollywood. i believe that this helped start the trend for others to follow.

2. Superstar Billy Graham - props for making popular the phrase "superstar" to describe the athletes that entertain us and inspire us so many times. also pretty innovative in his look and style. his look is the origin to classics including Scott Steiner, Hollywood Hulk Hogan, Jesse the Body Ventura, etc. way ahead of his time.

3. Undertaker/Kane - re-defined what "big men" were all about. these guys are agile, technical, strong, good on the mic, fast, credible... and both have made a career of making the unbelievable believable. perhaps two of the best to suspend disbelief in the ring ever. loved their work together and separately.

4. Mick Foley - i'm a sucker for this guy. some of my favorite moments in wrestling and some of my favorite matches come from this maniac. Hell in a Cell, 98, Monday Night Raw when he won the title for the first time, This is your life, Rock, also on Monday Night Raw, visiting McMahon in the hospital, also on Monday Night Raw, Street Fight with Triple H at Royal Rumble, etc. this guy was just such a good story teller. i also give him credit in a similar way that i did with Andre... as Andre was a pioneer in the world of movies, so Foley has been in the world of literature. his first autobiography really set the stage and the standard for all of the biographies to follow. and this guy still writes and is so versatile in literature. amazing passion and commitment to the business that he loves and bleeds for so much.

5. HBK. this is a selfish pick, but Shawn is my personal favorite of all time. i loved him prior to his first career-ending injury and loved him even more when he returned. this guy had 5 star after 5 star matches, match of the year after match of the year and some of the best feuds and matches of all time. i love his faith, his comedy, his story telling, his move set, his entrance... everything about this guy is gold. and i truly admire the manner in which he "retired" Ric Flair and himself. just a class act thru and thru.

honorable mentions: Hogan, for all the obvious reasons. this guy defined and then redefined wrestling. i just didn't have room for him here. next year, big guy. Flair, also for all the obvious reasons. you don't have companies built upon your back for no reason. i loved how he was the company man as a heel while Hogan was the counter company man as a face. Hogan and Flair both had legendary stables, careers, matches, draws and promo work. definite winners for next year. Austin and Rock, the leaders of the Attitude Era. incredible catch phrases, promo work and feuds, notably against each other. again, just didn't have room in my top 5. VKM, Hitman and Angle should also be in before too long. incredible talents and very deserving.

Hall of Shame

1. Naked Mideon.
2. Spirit Squad.
3. Repo Man.
4. Mantaur.
5. Hacksaw Jim Duggan in Team Canada.

Most of my hall of fame has been mentioned ....i'll get to the rest later

hall of shame in no particular order:

The Ding Dongs ...nwa tag team jobbers

Dude Love....the gimmick that birthed socko....booooooo

Perry Saturn and that damn mop.....to quote the miz..."really?"

The Master.....head of kevin sullivan's group to destroy hulkamania...a big ball drop and i'm not talking new years....maybe he's the leader of nexus too!!!

Heidenreich's LOD stint...just down right blasphemous

Hall of Fame:
1. Mr. Perfect Curt Hennig: Best wrestler to never hold a world title.
2. Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat: Really told a story in the ring, part of one of the best matches in history
3. Hulk Hogan: Nuff said
4. Shawn Michaels: Gave his all week in and week out, and half of my favorite ten matches are HBK matches
5. Chris Benoit- Say what you will, but that was my favorite wrestler of all time. Classic matches, he made horrible wrestlers look great.

Hall of Shame:
1. Ric Flair: All your friends and loved ones give you a big retirement send off that takes like 35 minutes of time on Raw, and you go to TNA the next year?

2.Jeff Hardy- Handed the world on a silver platter, and got high every time.

3. Kevin Nash: The reason WCW started to suck. Why was he ever booker?

4. Spirit Squad: Worst idea ever.

5: Val Venis: A porn star? Really?

My Hall of Fame-
1.Ric Flair
2.Shawn Michaels
3.The Rock
4.Jim Ross
5.The Great Muta (one of the greatest wrestlers ever and it is my hall of fame and i say who goes in on the first ballot!!!)

Hall of Shame-
1.Michael Cole
2.Hulk Hogan (im sorry but he does NOT go in my hall of fame)
3.WCW after 1997 (including the d*****-bag David Arquette)
4.DDP
5.Mick Foley

Hall of SHAME for Mick Foley?!?? are you fucking high?!? he was involved in the best wrestling match to ever take place along w/ the undertaker and sooo many more classic hardcore matches. your outta your mind to put him there. not to mention classic gimmicks Mankind, Cactus Jack...i'll give you dude love, that one kinda suckked....but he even made a name for himself simply as Mick Foley!!

Top 5 Hall of Fame

1. Bret Hart
2. Ric Flair
3.Hulk Hogan
4.Sting
5.Undertaker

Hall of Shame

1. John Cena: total waste of time n the worse gimmick ever a white urban street soldier I guess i dont know he is a crappy wrestler n his gimmick is crap

2.Shawn Michaels: Yeah I said it HBK He might be able to wrestle but thats it he was always stupid to me with his wrestling attire n his chip n dale dancing in the ring and he sucked on the mic and he never deserved a world title because there was always so many better wrestlers, who deserved it more than that loser. HBK sucks and would have been number 1 if that loser piece of crap Cena never appeared.

3. Akeem one of the worse n racist gimmicks of all time Akeem hailed from the deepest darkest part of Africa are you F'N kidding me he did walk like an egyptian dance to the ring!!!! F'N unbelievable

4. The Dungeon of Doom and the alliance to end Hulkamania the most stupid cartoonish ******ted angles of all time led by the Taskmaster Kevin Sullivan with his team of the Zodiac from the land of ying and yang The Shark from the Great Barrier reef The Yeti, Kamala, the Giant n Meng. This is just some stupid shit right here you would think this was a Jim Hord idea unfronately it came from the mind of Dusty Rhodes n Kevin Sullivan

5. Samoa Joe: I dont get him at all what his gimmick a fat guy who can do MMA moves like WTF!!! I cant stand this guy he sucks on the mic he cant wrestle really well n his finisher the Muscle buster looks lame n ineffective

I could of went for days on members for the hall of shame but maybe i will return back to this thread n post some more because believe me when i tell you i got alot more

Hall of Fame
1. Hulk Hogan: He is the G.O.A.T. i don't even have to explain why he's in
2. Bruiser Brody: He's the best brawler ever. He drew ridiculous amounts of people to see him wrestle all around the world
3. Andre the Giant: Wrestling's first giant. Drew like no one else in history and in his younger days he could move in the ring.
4. Chris Benoit: The greatest in ring worker of all time needs to be in the hall of fame
5. Vince McMahon: Without him wrestling would not be the business that it is today

Hall of Shame
1. David Arquette: He had no business in wrestling the guy was terrible and made WCW look like a joke.
2. Al Wilson: Using an old mans death as a reason to get hot girls to kiss is pathetic. I don't think anyone believed that he actually died.
3. Katie Vick: Disgusting if you don't know what i mean youtube it
4. Hornswoggle vs Chavo Guerrero: Chao is a veteran in the business and was stuck as this comedy character who lost to a midget week in and week out
5. Billy&Chuck: What was the point?

HALL OF FAME
1.HULK HOGAN-no matter how bad you hate the guy he still has to be considered the greatest ever just for the way he put wwf/e on the map nationwide.
2.GORDON SOLIE-just IMO the greatest and most recognizable announcer of all time and just a classic
3.nWo-a great angle that made wrestling as hot as it had ever been at any point in time
4.VINCE MCMAHON-i personally dont like the guy but he did have the balls to try and go nationwide and it worked pretty well for him.
5.GEORGEOUS GEORGE-seems to be the one who set the tone for every heel in the future.

HALL OF SHAME
1.KATIE VICK-who needs this crap in wrestling and what did it do to push an angle or feud?
2.VINCE RUSSO-the guy is a joke who has no idea what he is doing and seems to not realize the junk he is writing or care about it.
3.DAVID ARQUETTE AS WCW CHAMPION-see #2 and ask again--does this guy even care about his quality of product?
4.JR/DR.HINEY VIGNETTE-again--who even cared about it and what did it accomplish for the show?
5.WWE TRYING TO ERASE CHRIS BENOIT FROM HISTORY-i know it was bad what he done but i think people can separate that from what is happening in a wrestling ring--i personally still watch his matches on dvd and love to watch them even though its repulsive what he done.

This bring back a lot of crazy memories. In a few weeks, I'll post a volume two and we can move on to the next set of 5 for both classes. It'll be fun.

Some hilarious stuff.

Well let's try this again:

Hall of Fame:

Bruno Sammartino: The man who built the WWWF /WWF and MSG and is the most repected wrestle EVER !

Lou Thesz: Former NWA champ who once held the title for more than 7 years and was one of the best workers ever !

Ric Flair: Dirtiest player in the game, great NWA champ who put on so many classics that there's to many to mention ! A true legend !

Hulk Hogan: As much as I hate the guy he belongs on anyone's hall list.

The Road Warriors: The most dominant North American tag team ever and most influencial as well ! First and only team to win the NWA, AWA, and WWF titles !

Dynamite Kid: One of the best pound for pound workers ever who influenced so many futer high flyers ! A man ahead of his time and a Japanese and Canadian legend !

Andre the Giant: A world wide draw, one of the biggest ever and almost a household name back in the 70's and 80's when such a thing was unheard of for a wrestler.

Dusty Rhodes: One of the top faces ever and one of the most charismatic guys in the history of the business ! The "American Dream" !

Stan Hansen: One of the best bigmen and brawlers ever ! Could get a good match out of anyone, his match vs Andre from 9/81 in Japan is the best Andre match ever, a true legend in Japan and a part of one of the top teams ever with Bruiser Brody !

Buddy Rodgers: A great worker and one of the top heels ever ! Very underrated !

Hall of Shame:

Vince Mc'Mahon: Killed the territories, ushered in the Steroid and Drug era that's resulted in so many guys dying befoe the age of 45, and gave us Sports Entertainment. He's responsible for the sorry state that the business is in right now !

Chris Benoit: Loved him as a wrestler but do I really have to explain this one ?

Eric Bischoff: Took a company, WCW, to heights never seen before as far as profits went, 1998, and then ran the company out of business over the next 2 years with losses the likes no company has ever seen !

Vince Russo: Just one of the most God aweful bookers ever who's running a very talent laden TNA into the ground with his version of what wrestling should be ! How does he keep a job ? He's the guy who wanted to make Tank Abbott champ and did make David Arquette champ. Need I say more ??????

Edit:

You mean, the guy that is the sole reason why WWE is around and televised? Most of the people you listed in your HoF wouldn't even be widely known if it wasn't for him.
WWWF/WWF and wrestling in general has always been on T.V. since the beginning of television so no credit to Vince there. Plus, have you seen the product he's put on lately ?

All the guys I listed were big stars before Vince took over for his daddy.

Are we gonna update this every so often? Just wondering, I like this idea, and the idea of doing it every so often to add more. I wish we couldve did ten both ways. Anyway, here I go:

The SickJames Hall of Fame

1. The Rock- The greatest entertainer of all time in the business and that really just cant be disputed. And the guy has been the most successful wrestler outside of the business, no other has made better movies than The Rock. Acting is a strong skill to have in wrestling and obviously Hollywood saw something moreso in The Rock than others. He always gives you his best and is truly, The People's Champion.
First Black WWE Champion. First to win the WWE title 7 times and held the record for most WWE title wins until HHH broke that in 2008. Also, The Rock was a 9-time World champion long before HHH became a 10-time World champ and no doubt would be closer to Flair's record than The Game is right now, as would Austin if he was still wrestling. Royal Rumble winner and had the greatest feud in wrestling with Stone Cold, (not just my opinion, there was a world-wide poll conducted by WWE and millions of fans voted with Rock/Austin, Austin/McMahon & Rock/Austin coming in the top 3 and there were a lot of options), and it headlined WrestleMania THREE times it was such a good draw. Triple Crown Champion, Best of the Mic and there are many more accomplishments I wont go into, but as far as I'm concerned, he's the greatest wrestler of all time. I respect what Hogan & Flair did, but both Rock & Austin are on their level and imo are just better having gotten as big as Hogan & Flair in the little time they did, screw longevity, know-it-alls like to throw that around like it means something when it doesnt because Cena has been around longer than Rock and Austin too I believe, and he still isnt on their level even as the top guy, he is still not in their league yet to a certain degree, just because he's the top guy. So doing what he did in his time in WWE is impressive as was what Austin did in his. In the ring or out, everybody knows who The Most Electrifying Man in Sports Entertainment and now Movie Entertainment, The People's Champ, THE ROCK!

2. Trish Stratus- The greatest female in wrestling period. Yes, it's true. Trish may not have flew around as much as Lita, may not have held a title as long as Moolah (even though seriously those kind of reigns they had back in the day are awful and unbearable as thats too damn long and unrealistic), but Trish was entertaining and brought herself from being just another pretty face to a great in-ring Womens Champion and female wrestling icon. Trish, much like Austin & Rock had another one of those short careers with the impact of a mega star. She became known as the greatest in 7 years and thats a huge deal.
3-time Babe of the Year, had two of the greatest feuds of all time, not just for Divas, but two of the greatest of all time, with Mickie and one with Lita. Those feuds were great, she retired WITH the title which I though was a great way to end her career, and she is still holding the record for most Womens Championship wins ever as 7-time Womens Champion, and as sad as it was to see the belt get retired, it's comforting to know that Michelle wont surpass that as she will be getting more undeserved titles down the line to the point where she may get 7 Divas title reigns, I wouldnt be surprised if they let her surpass Moolah's reign and hold the belt till she's 80) Trish will forever be the greatest. One true Diva that is Sexy, Smart and Powerful. A true total package, she could act, was a great face or heel and was way over with the fans. Trish Stratus always delivered 100% Stratusfaction and still does when she comes back as a surprise.

3. Stone Cold Steve Austin- This guy and The Rock were so very similar in their impact, stardom, reaching the level they did in so short a time. The guy was majorly over and just raised so much hell, sold more merchandise than anyone else, and is totally surpass Hogan & Flair just like I said with The Rock, these two guys have gone to that level and had more respectable careers having not overstayed their time in wrestling. Look at all that Austin did having won 3 Royal Rumbles, had two of the top 3 feuds of all time, Main evented WrestleMania with The Rock three times, is a mega badass especially having passed out after refusing to tap to Bret. Mostly will be remembered for entertaining the hell out of us whether screwing with Vince, driving some truck into the arena, or just having a beer and using some foul language and destroying everything in sight. And that's the bottom line.

4. Hollywood Hulk Hogan- You have to list Hogan because just like Flair, he's one of the most recognizable stars in wrestling, a household name. He's like a god of wrestling really. From Hulkamania to the nWo, the guy did great things. Even now he wont let it go, but has put TNA in its most interesting state to date imo for me, even though critics only can ever complain, but TNA was unwatchable to me until Hogan & Eric came in. Hogan was the man everyone looked up to in WWE, hated in WCW and will thank once TNA takes off after him having planted the seeds for it.

5. Ric Flair- One of the best wrestlers of all time. Ric Flair has wrestled, longer than anyone else I THINK, if not has had one of the longest wrestling careers I can remember hearing of, I definately wasnt alive for a good part of it, but I've enjoyed watching his promos from the past. He's one of the best ever as far as cutting promos go. Wrestling in the ring and entertaining with little dirty tricks or just falling straight to the mat. His slick talking, styling and profiling in his appearance and heading one of the greatest stables ever, not the greatest ever, but one of the greatest ever.

The thing I wanna say is just like I said not the greatest stable ever, I'll say Hogan- greatest superstar, Flair- greatest wrestler, at one point, or I could say it now, but I truly put those guys here out of respect and them deserving it, but I truly see Rock & Austin as having surpassed them both in a short span of time. To reach the level of stardom they did, even though there have been others, but those two guys were unmatched and put them in the ring together, they have the best chemistry two guys can have. And Trish is the greatest female in the business. I wanted to recognize the top Female wrestler period. I dont care if theres a woman who is more technically sound, theres more to a wrestler than in-ring ability (a reason why Bret isnt on this list) and tech isnt the only way to wrestle or the greatest thing ever, there are many variety of styles and thats what makes the sport so good.

Spent so much time on my HOF I forgot the HOS

So, here we go:

1. Beniot killing himself and his family- I like him as an athlete and always defend him on that note, I dont hate or dispise him. The act deserves this spot, not the man. But this definately showed how many hypocrites we have out there, Jericho was right- a lot of the ppl who frown upon Chris and others in various other cases are religious ppl who are taught not to judge and that they will be forgiven etc, but they dare devalue a man's professional career for a final bad action in his personal life, Tragic, but he didnt deserve that. Who are we to act as if what he left behind doesnt exist in the world of wrestling. So, at the end of the day, looking back at what I just wrote, this is a wrestler involved in this, but it isnt exactly directly wrestling related so I'll put STEROIDS as the Hall of Shamee, in general it has caused many tragedies and this was the height of them all. So Steroids is number 1 in the HOS on my list.

2. The Shock Master- self explanatory, how much more of a fail could it have been? Even Ron Simmons wouldnt "Damn!" at that, that's how bad that is

3. Unfinished business- I'm putting this as another general thing, unfinished storylines, I made a thread on this once, ppl are sick of it as am I, or with endings different from the original ending, but look at Vince's death angle, Kane vs Kane with May 19th and the list goes on. There are a bunch of good unanswered mysteries to unifinished storylines that shouldve been finished. I hate when that happens

4. {IT'S A TIE!} The newest WWE Announcer on WWE Superstars has to go in for a current fail, he doesnt fit the wrestling announcer type. Sounds like I'm watching ESPN or something and I dont want that while watching WWE. I hope it's okay if I tie these two, but I'm putting in Mike Adamle too, he sucked as well.

5. TNA's Move to Mondays this year- it simply wasnt time yet and they failed miserably at Battle 1 of the MNWII, there shall come a Battle 2 of the MNWII which will make it all the more interesting with an Act I and Act II, they may not be ready then or may, maybe an Act III, either way, it'll happen, but they tried too soon, way too soon. There was a Firing Shot which was cool and it was fun to watch two wrestling shows on two TVs, as a FIRST for me, as I watched during the MNWI but only chose to watch WWE as it was better

WWWF/WWF and wrestling in general has always been on T.V. since the beginning of television so no credit to Vince there.

All the guys I listed were big stars before Vince took over for his daddy.

WWWF/WWF has always been on T.V. since the beginning of television? Do you know how mind-boggingly crazy you sound? That's like saying NWA was around since the invention of the wheel.

Vince McMahon is the reason wrestling is mainstream. He is why most of us even know who those people you listed are. I think you're not giving the man enough credit; guys like Hulk Hogan and Steve Austin would have never been household names if it weren't for a televised product.

And don't give me any talk about the internet either. I'd have no reason to look up those names if it weren't for McMahon.

Plus, have you seen the product he's put on lately ?

So you're ranting after all. I figured you don't watch period so I was more accepting that you don't have any interest in his show. But to steadily ridicule the man and then admit to watching his product is a very smark move. You don't have to like his product to understand the man revolutionized sports entertainment. Ex. I like Dana White. He is very smart with his business and has really brought Mixed Martial Arts to the forefront of today's entertainment. But I'm just not a fan of UFC.

And I have seen this product you speak of. Wrestling is being more accepted in the general audience and has culminated in something families can watch together without fear of some diva taking her top off or a superstar swearing as if he had Tourettes. What's so wrong with that?

Vince McMahon once again revolutionized the business, you can disagree all you like but that is a fact. Other companies are still stuck in a rut that WCW/WWF invented in the late 90s. Talk about not doing your own thing.

Now, to stay on topic, I have revised my Hall of Fame/Shame for the casual viewer:

Hall Of Fame

1. Raven: For being the first star to hold the ECW, WCW, and NWA (post TNA) Heavyweight Championship. A true Triple Crown.
2. Kurt Angle: First Olympic yada yada you hear it in every company but it doesn't make it any more wrong. The man is a pure wrestling athlete.
3. The Undertaker: Greatest win streak in any business, never has submitted, I don't even recall Taker ever losing in a fair fight. The man was around for the first RAW episode and has still been going strong.
4. Eddie Guerrero: This is more of a "being a fan" vote than an actual deal. Eddie is the reason I started back up watching wrestling. Truly entertaining as a face or a heel, and he made cheating look good and not at all bad. R.I.P.
5. Randy Savage: In my opinion, Ultimate Warrior wasn't on-par to Hogan as The Rock was to Austin. Savage was the next best thing and he made being a masculine retro guy in tights look cool. I still can't remember who really has the right of "OH YEAH!" him or The Kool-Aid Company.

Hall Of Shame

1. The Red Rooster: The red fauxhawk + mullet was a bit much for me. That, and he tried imitating a rooster. His theme song was for the most part doing the same thing. He annoyed me greatly.

2. The Dicks: No subtle humor here to be found. Just two waxed, baby lotion rubbing guys that were only as good as their novelty of making a Dick joke. The jokes quickly ran out and so did their career.

3. Sean O'haire's career: I admit, when he first arrived to the WWE scene around 2003-2004, I became probably his biggest mark. His "vignettes" were so well done and intriguing I figured he would eventually be the best heel in the business today, even a better "Antichrist" character than Jeff could have ever dreamt. He was skilled in the ring and on the mic, but to stay in WWE was not in the cards for him. He became Piper's lackey and once WWE let The Rowdy One go, they let him go as well. A shame I think.

4. Spirit Squad: I chalk it up to WWE having a sense of humor here then actually being for real. The Power Rangeresque theme always had my in fits. But other than that I never found them appealing. Maybe it's because they were male cheerleaders.

5. Matt Morgan: Circa WWE. The man was decent in the ring but had probably the worst talking gimmick I've seen. He forcefully stuttered with almost every word, pretty much making fun of people with speech impediments. I consider Goldust doing it a bit more humorous for the simple fact his character isn't meant to be taken seriously. Morgan however, could have done wo-wooo-wooooo-without it.

HALL OF FAME:
1) RIC FLAIR: the best of the best,the man, the nature boy,16 time whc
2) HBK: how can u not choose him he has done too much
3)BRET: the technical master
4)rock: if u smell what the rock is cooking ,u know why he is in here
5) austin: same like rock

HALL OF SHAME
1) Brooklen brawler: Have u seen this guy??
2) Shockmaster : DUDE, SERIOUSLY?!?!?!?!?
3)Santino Marrela:i luv the cobra but this guy is a joke!
4) GOBBLEDY GOOKER: A BIRD???????????????????????????????????????????????????
5)Kizarny: I think he had 1 match? thts bad!

Hall of fame (Besides the "obvious"):
1. Vader: This guy made Hogan look like a pissant on more than one occasion. Mega agility and can do moonsaults and hit them perfectly most of the time. One of the last legit tough guys IMO.

2. Sid Vicious: The other master of the powerbomb. Even as a heel in WCW c.1990 he still got huge pops for the powerbomb. The fans loved him and he had the talent to get the job done. Shame his leg broke though.

3. Jushin Thunder Lyger: You hear Kurt Angle talk about winning his gold medal with a "broken freaking neck!", you saw Austin's neck get broken by Owen Hart, HHH's quad tearing twice (at least!), but this guy had a brain tumor and still wrestled circles around most. Arguably the best cruiserweight/light-heavyweight of all time. AND he's still going strong.

4. Chris Benoit/Dean Malenko/Eddie Guerrero: These 3 get inducted together for their matches with each other as well as their sheer technical ability. The mix of personalities was awesome too: Benoit's sheer aggression and passion, Malenko's cold and calculating demeanor, and Eddie's flair and comedic antics.

5. Chris Jericho: This guy can do it all: He can wrestle, he can make the crowd hate him, he can bring everyone to their feet cheering. This guy is pure gold on the mic AND in the ring.

Hall of Shame: The real stinkers

1. Hulk Hogan/Ric Flair: Their egos disgust me. Both of them could have easily retired as beloved HoFers but then they had to have that spotlight and they do it at the expense of TNA talent. Hogan can barely even move but he can't give it up. Flair's trying to be the JJ Dillon to these young guys that don't need that type of mentor.

2. Vince Russo/Ed Ferrara/Brian Gerwitz/Michael Hayes/Any other creative for WWE/TNA: Every last one of them makes me sick. You have Russo's crew taking TNA to deeper levels of shit that get lower every week. These guys facilitate the old has-beens taking time (and championship opportunities) from the young guys. WWE's crew: Admittedly it's not all their fault with this PG era, but I cannot remember the last time a face had a really good promo. Cena doesn't count because he cuts the same promo just about every time he gets out there. They did redeem themselves slightly by writing the Miz to win the title but the pure shit they've handed to guys like Kozlov, Goldust, Shelton Benjamin, MVP, and countless others....disgusting.

3. Rey Mysterio: Oooh I can hear my ears burning for this one. Ultimate Underdog my ass! Once you've gotten 2 world title reigns, you're not an underdog any longer, amigo. Not to mention that he keeps wrestling and messing up that knee again and again. I think he's had 5 on his left knee and at least 2 on his right. Time to hang it up while you can still walk.

4. Michael Cole, Mongo McMichael, Mark Madden, Mike Adamle: Out of the horrible announcers/commentators I've heard over the years, these 4 have to be the absolute worst. Michael Cole's voice is just irritating these days. Reveal the damn GM already! Mike Adamle's got to be the champion of commentary botchery. Mongo and Madden... those two are horrible beyond words. Mongo couldn't talk and Madden was so bitter that he decided to come to WZ and bash everything in sight.

5. "Casual wrestling fans": The whole batch of them make me sick. These are the people that can't tell the difference between a vertical suplex and a snap suplex but they'll watch just to see the wrestlers that acted in a movie they liked. These are also "fans" that probably couldn't tell you who Bruno Sammartino and Stan Hansen were. Hearing them talk like they're Mike Tenay when they have the wrestling IQ of Mike Adamle....oof.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back